• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wonder if any of these people were in Dulles about 2 weeks ago.

That would be, like, a total coincidence.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Dr. Dan Childs, ABC News' chief medical expert, noted that "while Nigeria had cases earlier in this outbreak, it is no longer considered a real hot spot – so the chances (of this patient having Ebola) are likely lower here than, say, if the person were coming in from Guinea."

So why not report, "Possible Malaria patient...":dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well we know this **** is being handled by top men.

BzCp64jCYAA6NSS.jpg:large

Top.
    Men.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Remember how every errant piece of baggage was treated as a "suspicious package" after the Boston Bombing?

I think that's what's happening here.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I need to get on twitter, but I probably shouldn't. I'd keep Twitchy pretty busy. Grats on getting referenced!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just tuned in to hear (CDC?) bureaucrat (I'm sure he's eminently qualified) state with no hesitation, qualification or irony that the ONLY way to become infected is to have contact with a person exhibiting symptoms. I believe that is incomplete. From various documentation, it appears that if the bodily fluids are transferred to an object, like a cup, towel, or blanket, then contact with such "infected" items can transmit the virus.

That's a conceptually different than what was said.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Some diseases are communicable only while symptomatic. Some are only communicable before symptoms. Some are communicable as long as you're affected. Some of them are even communicable if you never have symptoms (ever hear of typhoid Mary?) These buttholes are just making stuff up. Buttholes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is more dangerous to society because it is more prevalent.

Like I said, imprisoning people infected with influenza would probably save more lives than doing the same for Ebola.

If we advocate imprisoning people based on the "common good", doesn't the math say that we should imprison everyone with influenza before bothering with Ebola?

Here's the thing though. Most of the people infected with Ebola worldwide are people from countries where there is very little education and a whole lot of "witch doctor" type of beliefs. As such, they don't see or understand the need for quarantines and they have a general distrust of outsiders too (hence the murdered relief personnel).

We who live here have much better sanitation, and we tend (most of us anyway) to do our best to prevent the spread of flu, including "self-quarantine". The big flu scare a couple of years ago had employers and even journalists and media personnel telling us, "If you're sick, stay home. Don't leave home unnecessarily." In other words, "Quarantine yourelves." For the most part, people listened, and it's still encouraged every flu season. We are usually happy to oblige if we're at all able to do so. (and I didn't even mention vaccination! :):)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    President's schedule next week:

Monday Fundraising in DC
    Tuesday Fundraising in NYC & CT.
    Thursday Fundraising in L.A.
    Friday/Saturday Fundraising in San Fran.

Literally his actual schedule. I certainly hope this Ebola situation doesn't interrupt him.

Am I getting irrationally pissed off about this? Or am I rightfully pissed off? I can't tell anymore.
    I think it's called righteous indignation. And rightfully so I think.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Here's the thing though. Most of the people infected with Ebola worldwide are people from countries where there is very little education and a whole lot of "witch doctor" type of beliefs. As such, they don't see or understand the need for quarantines and they have a general distrust of outsiders too (hence the murdered relief personnel).

We who live here have much better sanitation, and we tend (most of us anyway) to do our best to prevent the spread of flu, including "self-quarantine". The big flu scare a couple of years ago had employers and even journalists and media personnel telling us, "If you're sick, stay home. Don't leave home unnecessarily." In other words, "Quarantine yourelves." For the most part, people listened, and it's still encouraged every flu season. We are usually happy to oblige if we're at all able to do so. (and I didn't even mention vaccination! :):)

What in hell do their deficiencies have to do with us? We're better than that because WE'RE BETTER than that. Their lack of hygiene should not have an effect on us. We should be able to maintain a level of hygiene that will prevent spread of this disease, and if not, we should be able to prevent it otherwise. I genuinely don't care that their lack of such appreciation subjects them to such a disease. What I do care about is that these buttholes are bringing this disease to us, and that we're demonstrating ourselves as too stupid to contain it. Staying home only works if you homeschool. I'm kinda resenting that just now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What in hell do their deficiencies have to do with us? We're better than that because WE'RE BETTER than that. Their lack of hygiene should not have an effect on us. We should be able to maintain a level of hygiene that will prevent spread of this disease, and if not, we should be able to prevent it otherwise. I genuinely don't care that their lack of such appreciation subjects them to such a disease. What I do care about is that these buttholes are bringing this disease to us, and that we're demonstrating ourselves as too stupid to contain it. Staying home only works if you homeschool. I'm kinda resenting that just now.

No, my point was that while the flu is more prevalent here, it is not as dangerous to the general population, and the general population here self-quarantines somewhat. Over there, they don't believe in quarantining themselves which is why it's so deadly over there.

Top Bottom