• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Would, um, perspiration be considered a bodily fluid, and if not, why not?

Yes it is. In light of recent developments in the news, please refrain from licking people you meet, especially those who have recently traveled to Liberia... Or Texas.;)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    88GT said:
    The flu is not more dangerous. It is more prevalent. And I said a select few COHORTS.

It is more dangerous to society because it is more prevalent.

Like I said, imprisoning people infected with influenza would probably save more lives than doing the same for Ebola.

If we advocate imprisoning people based on the "common good", doesn't the math say that we should imprison everyone with influenza before bothering with Ebola?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Everything is under control, we are taking all the precautions necessary, there is nothing to worry about and if you want to keep your insurance plan, you can!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are actual people saying that blocking flight to Africa is racist.

Also, the cameraman that got it was wearing hazmat. That's not good.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There are actual people saying that blocking flight to Africa is racist.

Also, the cameraman that got it was wearing hazmat. That's not good.

First, apparently ebola is racist, since it is mostly black people getting sick.

Second, I'm REALLY wondering if what they think are the transmission modalities aren't the right ones. There was the one report (now taken as fact) that Duncan was infected by helping to transport a pregnant victim (whose brother died of ebola, also, before Duncan left). What if that wasn't when he was infected? What if it was up to 2 weeks before that? What if it was after that?

Same for the cameradude. He got "splashed" with fluid wearing hazmat. Ok. What if that wasn't it? What if it was the coffee cup he had at breakfast that was handed to him by someone who was in the early stages of contagiousness?

I don't think they have a very firm handle on how this virus moves. In West Africa, it is easy to say it is hygiene, or customs (which, isn't that a bit racist under the media rules?), or sloppy precautions. They see what they expect to see.

I am skeptical, but I could be wrong. They may telling us exactly the truth.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Josh Earnest tells reporters there is "no consideration of a travel ban at this time"

Officials: 50 of 100 close contacts with Ebola patient in Dallas monitored daily; 10 at 'high risk' of developing disease

BREAKING -- 330pm WH briefing on US response to Ebola

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    President's schedule next week:

Monday Fundraising in DC
    Tuesday Fundraising in NYC & CT.
    Thursday Fundraising in L.A.
    Friday/Saturday Fundraising in San Fran.

Literally his actual schedule. I certainly hope this Ebola situation doesn't interrupt him.

Am I getting irrationally pissed off about this? Or am I rightfully pissed off? I can't tell anymore.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm going with irrational. I'm not sure what you think the Federal Government, particularly the president, ought to be doing about a couple of sick people.

Possibly his job (although we know that won't happen). All that man has done effectively since he took office is fund raise. He hasn't left the campaign trail since he was elected.
    Sick people, he needs to leave them alone so he doesn't screw that up as well.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Supplemented my supplies of water and bleach, just in case. I don't think it's going to be widespread here, but if everyone decides to panic I don't want to be away from my family/with the hoards trying to stock up.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In this situation, a president helps most by an order that goes something like this to every federal executive agency: do whatever Texas wants us to do.

After that, his role drops off significantly, IMHO.

But, it is TOTALLY bad form to do all the fundraising/golf that he does - during wars, during natural disasters, during medical crises. Bush was slaughtered in the media for far less.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom