• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    When I first got my berettta 92FS I went to the range to check it out. After firing about a 100 rounds I grabbed the barrel end of the slide to rack the slde. Left a really nice shiney burn mark across my fingers.Lesson learned

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wow, necrothread!

No NDs, no ADs; I'm almost paranoid about safe handling. About the worst I can say I've done is the time I was looking at a Sig 230 at the shop, messed around and wound up disassembling it. Next thing out of the clerk's mouth was "cash check or charge?" I've never regretted buying it, though.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I got a good one.. I had just oiled my .357 revolver cause it was startin to get a little stiff.. I was cocking and decocking the hammer a few times to work the oil in good. Mind you I had the barrel point to the ground thank god, and I must have been a little too comfortable and carless cause in single action it has a hair trigger and as i pulled the trigger my thumb just missed the hammer and it went off shooting a tiny hole which i have yet to find threw the carpet. remarkably! you'd think there would be a burn hole.. anyways. My girlfriend just happened to be in the room. We both had ringing ears and I was quite embarrassed to say the least.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I wanted to see how fast I can empty a 9MM 15 round mag, So I aimed at dead tree & fired as fast as my finger could move, next thing I know my NUT sack is throbbing in pain, A 9MM round hit a bullet that was stuck in the dead wood & bounced back, it hit me in one of my testicle & it swelled too 2x it's size

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I wanted to see how fast I can empty a 9MM 15 round mag, So I aimed at dead tree & fired as fast as my finger could move, next thing I know my NUT sack is throbbing in pain, A 9MM round hit a bullet that was stuck in the dead wood & bounced back, it hit me in one of my testicle & it swelled too 2x it's size

Holy CRAP. That is terrible!~

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I let my girlfriend shoot my USP45 tactical at the range last month, thinking she would shoot 1 bullet and be done with it since she mainly shoots my 9mm. 50 rounds later she gave it back!

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Several instances come to mind. All of thses happened when I was a kid.
    1. Found a live round [don't know caliber] and thought it would be neat to "set it off".
    Thats easy, insert cartridge in bench vice and snug down. Next tap primer with a nail and a hammer. BOOOOOOM! Nobody got hurt but there was a chunk taken out of the concrete basement wall.
    2. I was on the levy with a buddy squirrel hunting. I was using a 16ga. single shot.
    I thought if I laid down on the side of the levy my shoulder would be fully supported by the earth embankment when I shot. Lets say "I didn't do that again".
    3. .22 cal hole through my parents front door. Everything worked out ok there to. A friend dared me to do it.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    A few years back a friend and I went out in late summer to check my muzzleloader and his slug gun out before deer season. I wanted to clear any oil in the bore of mine with a cap. I pointed it away from him and at the ground as I always do and pulled the trigger. Uh the rifle went BANG, not pop.:n00b: It scared the crap out of both of us, and blew a nice hole in the ground. I felt, and rightly so like a total fool.

Needless to say since then I double check my muzzleloader BEFORE popping a cap. To this day I could swear I had cleaned it before putting it away. Leason learned.:yesway:

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis

Just reading this it makes me shudder and laugh at the same time...... luckily it didn't have enough velocity to do some real damage

Top Bottom