• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site

Contributed a round of 7.62x39 steel core to the idiot jar at the 1500 a few years ago, luckly state boys believed my dad was gonna whoop my A## after i left their table:rolleyes:

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Buddy of mine used his AR for home defense. He was emptying it, took the mag out and left one in the chamber. Did'nt realize it, went to dry fire it and put a nice hole in his ceiling.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    BB gun fights as a kid without glasses. I has a Crossman. They had Daisys. I was "limited" to two pumps. I cheated.

Nailed a friend between the eyes from 50 yards. We quit right after that and never "played" again.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I was a young EOD soldier in 1972 and I was given a US property S&W Model 15 by my First Sergeant, a returning RVN Vet. I was shooting it one day with some Air Force 130 grain FMJ 38 special ammo. (I had 15,000 rounds to dispose of, I was doing it one round at a time)

I had a squib load and it locked up the cylinder because it was jammed in the forcing cone. Instead of pushing it back and making the gun work again, I put the gun on the next batch of IED's to be blown up.

I didn't know then what I know now. I treasure each of my S&W 15's. I could have one more....

Last edited:

JFrost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Pepper fights as a kid.

We'd take toilet paper, peel the two layers in half, take a small piece from one side and wrap a pinch of pepper in it. Pump the BB gun up once or twice, or ten times, stuff the little ball of paper wrapped pepper down the barrel then hunt each other throughout the neighborhood.

It was remarkable how many Mexican standoffs we had, the one who fired first was sure to get hit in return.

Pepper under the skin burns like a b***h.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    One ND when I was coyote hunting. Had a Thompson Contender in .223 and found a forked stick on the ground that I picked up to rest the gun in. Had the gun pointed in a safe direction but as I adjusted the stick around, I didn't see a third tine to the fork on the branch that pushed the trigger and fired. That ended that stand for the day. My former hunting partner and I had to hike somewhere else to start calling.

He's a former hunting partner not because of this but because on that same day I happened to look over and saw him fumbling with his gloves while his loaded and chambered 22-250 was bouncing around all over in his lap while pointed right at me from about 10 feet away. It was the only situation where I could think of that I was glad I was the one who had the ND that day.

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    I didn't empty my hunting pants as a teenager and my mom washed them with a .22 round in the pocket. It went off during the spin cycle and shot a hole in the washer drum. I learned how to take apart a washer, use JB Weld, and to empty my hunting clothes that evening. My dad laughed for the whole time while he coached me on fixing the washer.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Shooting .22 daisy air rabbit hunting rifles and with a buddy from Scouts, two of his rounds hit me via ricochet. Lodged right below the skin in my upper collarbone. Instead of going to the hospital and and having em removed by a doctor (and getting my air rifle confiscated and a whoopin by one of the strongest men Ive ever met) , I improvised and cut em out. So glad I opted for the limited edition stainless steel rounds they offered (one project instead of 1 projectile and brass shavings).

I sterilized the wounds and sterilized everything else, cut em out, and let the wounds heal up. Ended up using the "scar fading" creme they make for people that are ashamed of scars, and its like it never happened.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just this weekend, after a couple hours at the range, I was cleaning my two .22lr rifles and my Beretta 92 F (that I have had for over 15 years). I was cleaning those items outside on the porch in fading light. Rifles went fine; after assembly of Beretta, the slide didn't cycle right. Ooooops, recoil guide rod and spring laying on the table next to bore cleaner:dunno:

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I can honestly say Ive never had an ND, dropped my gun, left it anywhere, been hit by ricochet or anything else. And I intend to keep it that way.

Not trying to come off high and mighty, Im just saying.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world: Those who have had an ND, and those who haven't had one YET.

Stay alert, stay safe.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So youre saying everybody will have one at one point or another? I strongly disagree.

Boone County Sheriff and Gunsite Instructor Ken Campbell says the exact samething.

It's bound to happen someday. You habitually do something everyday, and you are bound to break that habbit someday.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I've never had an ND/AD....but I did drop my loaded gun once. Years ago I had a Ruger P94 ( I think that was the model number...it was a big blocky .45 decocker). Anyway like a dumba$$ I was carrying it in a winter jacket without a holster...the jacket had an interior breast pocket that I thought fit it "just right". :rolleyes:

Anyway I had just come in from the cold into the kitchen and I guess I leaned the wrong way and out came the big .45! It tumbled onto the vinyl flooring and clang/bam COCKED ITSELF. Landed right on the hammer, cocked itself on a live round. I fairly calmly picked it up and decocked it with the decock lever. Happened right infront of the wife. She wasn't too pleased...especially with the small gash it made in the flooring!

Top Bottom