• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Assembled a holster wrong...Just got my LTCH and my P345. I got a basic Soft Armor holster and attached the belt clip, hostered and went out into public with my pistol for the very first time. I went to the local VP and got some chocolate milk. Came back home, about 5 minutes later...."BANG" (no not that bang), I look down a my holstered gun is laying next to my foot. I put the belt clip on back wards (not upside down) so the clip was still on my belt. Anyways, the VP by my house tends to get robbed alot, or at least has the police there quite often. Nothing bad happened, but it would have been very very awkward to have been in line and then have a pistol fall from my hip - especially at a location like that. If it fell 10 minutes sooner that would have made this a much better stupid story, but I lucked out.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Tried to break a piece off of a salt block by smacking it with the butt of my shotgun. Needless to say I had to replace the plastic butt cap.:ugh:(At least I was smart enough to be sure it was unloaded first):yesway:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Assembled a holster wrong...Just got my LTCH and my P345. I got a basic Soft Armor holster and attached the belt clip, hostered and went out into public with my pistol for the very first time. I went to the local VP and got some chocolate milk. Came back home, about 5 minutes later...."BANG" (no not that bang), I look down a my holstered gun is laying next to my foot. I put the belt clip on back wards (not upside down) so the clip was still on my belt. Anyways, the VP by my house tends to get robbed alot, or at least has the police there quite often. Nothing bad happened, but it would have been very very awkward to have been in line and then have a pistol fall from my hip - especially at a location like that. If it fell 10 minutes sooner that would have made this a much better stupid story, but I lucked out.

Ditch the cheap holster and buy something with a little better retention or atleast a Fobus.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Today I slapped on my duty belt holstered my weapon and headed of to work. about 3 hours into my shift I realized I forgot to chamber a round after cleaning my weapon Sunday night. So glad I didn't end up in a situation where I needed to use my weapon today.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Today I slapped on my duty belt holstered my weapon and headed of to work. about 3 hours into my shift I realized I forgot to chamber a round after cleaning my weapon Sunday night. So glad I didn't end up in a situation where I needed to use my weapon today.

Have you found the missing round yet?

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    I DID NOT DO THIS, NOR DID CSK22 but a guy we were with did

Was putting away a 45colt lever into a gun sock, with it loaded, the guy pulled the trigger on accident! Shot a hole through the cabin wall, spent the next two days using a clay city hardware store trying to fill it some how. I'm not sure I've ever been more irritated by someone who claimed to be a gun expert (and very arrogent and rude about it at that).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The dumbest thing I have ever done with a gun was shoot through my parent's dresser while playing with my father's .38 S&W.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    By the sounds of these stories, I've been pretty lucky.

I've gone to bed and left my pistol/holster sitting on the coffee table (took it off while watching TV). I don't take it off any more. My girl will be crawling soon.....

After clearing the chamber at the last 1500, I pocketed the +1 round. Forgot to re-load it into the mag later, and ran it through the wash. It was bright and shiny, and luckily didn't go off! I set it aside for the next range trip, and it fired w/o issue.

So far, no ND's. I hope to keep it that way.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Ditch the cheap holster and buy something with a little better retention or atleast a Fobus.

Retention wouldn't have made any differance, the holster was still around the gun. It's the clip that came off the holster due to my assembling it wrong - not poor quality. I've been wearing IWB for a while now.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The smartest thing I've ever done was not post the "Dumbest thing you have DONE with a gun" on the Internet for some future lawyer to pull up from the cache to present in court if I ever had to defend myself.

just saying...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The smartest thing I've ever done was not post the "Dumbest thing you have DONE with a gun" on the Internet for some future lawyer to pull up from the cache to present in court if I ever had to defend myself.

just saying...

This is what I was thinking.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    man i have 2 , both not proud of , 1 that really embarrassed , but for the sake of education .........

1. was putting scope rings on my ruger charger after plinking a bit, wanted to try a different setup ............well as i raised the scope and ruger eye level...........well theres a 22 size hole in my kitchen window ...........

2. (worst one) .....10 plus years ago i was squirrel hunting with my marlin 22, pulled the trigger and popped off a few round, then heard the clunk clunk of an empty tube..... turned the rifle over bumping it against my leg, the charging handle slide shut and i regrasped when it did so , pulling the trigger .....well that stuck round was still good ,...............and went right through my left shin ........... 2 nice little scars left from that one that is a everyday reminder

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    The worst one i can think of is a few friends and i went target shooting. We always cleaned up after ourselves, and we just put them in a box on my front seat, about 40-12ga empties, and about 100 rounds of 7.62X39. Well i didn't take the box out of the car, and the next day i had to hit the brakes hard and they all spilled out on the seat, and floor. I was pulled over about ten minutes later, there i sat with a bunch of empties all over the car, problem was i didn't think anything of it. Well when the officer looked in the car i heard " step out of the care ", still no clue what the problems was. After searching the car and not finding any firearms, and about 100 questions i was let go, and left to go straight home, and clean my damn car. This happened in Saginaw Michigan about 20 years ago, and has not happened again since.

Top Bottom