• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Bye bye A&E Network....there will be 20 networks calling the Robertson's tonight!

seeing how A&E are a bunch of cheap ass bastards pays them nickels and dime on the several dollars they are worth...As sad as it would be to see the show leave, I hope they stand their ground on principles alone and take their business along with them, or just stop the show altogether. This political correctness bull****, bending to liberal hypocritical garbage ways because they want to cry foul at every stupid little things "that hurts their little feelings" has got to stop.

...a bunch of stupid, ignorant, hypocritical, whiny, bratty little yuppies! You go Phil, I got your back!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I don't know Phil Robertson..but I am glad he had the guts to admit his belief in the Bible...The backlash is gonna be greater than that particular network ever wanted! I think it is time that the noisy little minority group gets to see how small they really are!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't think it's because he said he didn't believe in the lifestyle. I think it was because he made fun of the sexual efforts of it. He didn't need to do that to express the biblical view. I think he was just being him and not caring more than evangelizing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know Phil Robertson..but I am glad he had the guts to admit his belief in the Bible...The backlash is gonna be greater than that particular network ever wanted! I think it is time that the noisy little minority group gets to see how small they really are!

Well said.....+1

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    It would be great to see the whole family take a stand and side with Phil. If they have the means already this would make one hell of a statement to say THE book is more important than a TV show.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    It would be great to see the whole family take a stand and side with Phil. If they have the means already this would make one hell of a statement to say THE book is more important than a TV show.

I'd be surprised if they continued on without him, they move as a tight group.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I care, I care about a man's comment regarding sin & his belief, being treated with such hate from those screaming about tolerance.

You do realize that he most likely doesn't care about being suspended from the show as he said he was going to be done with it after last season's filming wrapped up, right? The show is a huge time commitment for someone that would rather spend time hunting, fishing, and doing speaking engagements.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    People have the right to believe whatever they want and hate or like whoever they want. I don't care who people like or dislike and I hate all these social labels we put on people.
    HOWEVER, if something you say or do impacts your employer in any way then they have the right to fire or suspend you. It's simple to say, no comment, or because of my contract I can't answer that question.

Sure, they likely can fire him, it's probably written into the contract. But the fact remains that the vast majority of Duck Dynasty viewer agree with Phil and therefore will ultimately disagree and resent A&E's decision. Which will more negatively impact their network? Phil's comments or A&E firing him? Seeing as how the show is full of Phil's comments and the viewer love it, I doubt his comments on the interview would negatively impact the network in any measurable way. But you can be certain that A&E's decision will have a very measurable negative impact on the network... Ultimately, it's the viewers that have the end-control; and A&E just angered a very large portion of their viewers. Sure, they are allowed to do that, but it was suicide for them, they shot themselves in the foot...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like he wanted out anyway. It's quite possible A&E just wanted to stir up some publicity around what was already going to happen.

If that is the case, I think it was poorly thought out. I think they could be looking at a real boycott and a ratings free fall.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Here's a thought. Just to get it all out in the open, why doesn't A&E ask each and every family member where they stand with the exact same question. We can have this all done today and the Robertsons can move on over to The Sportsman Channel.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    You know...normally it saddens me when a good show gets canceled, but I actually think I'll be ok with this show getting canceled.

I've always been told, if you don't like the way people are treating you, then why stick around and keep letting them treat you that way? As much as I miss the show, I think the whole Robinson family would be better off. Not like they really needed the money anyways...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom