• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    As for all the folks here chiming in with the "who gives a ****" type comments...wtf did you even click on the thread?
    It says DUCK DYNASTY in the flippin' title.
    :dunno:

They are just trolls looking to stir the pot...if they don't care, then they should GTFO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hell, the President would probably be claiming how much of a hater I was and every news station out there would talk about how evil am for firing a man for being gay and just talking about what he believes.

When CNN and the others start supporting Phil for his beliefs let me know.

That's the risk you run. In our society, it's VERY difficult to own a business that isn't neutral to all parties to maximize profits. It's best to keep your mouth shut (and your employees too), and count your money. I'm a Christian, so lets say I owned a business that sold black t-shirts. All tge employees in my business are Christians too, but 80% of my customers are Satan worshipers. If one of my employees told the whole world that Satan worshipers were evil and misguided, even though I believed the same, I would fire them because they just became a liability.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Christians are the only religion who don't have freedom of speech in the US. It is disgusting. If a Muslim was praying to Allah in public and a Christian was bothered, no one would do anything because they don't want to offend the Muslim. If a Christian was praying in public and a Muslim was upset about it, the Christian would have to stop praying because it offended the Muslim.

Now, I'm not saying the Muslim shouldn't pray in public, because they have every right to, but people in this country from all walks of life need to grow a pair and stop being offended by every little thing and get over it.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Phil on growing up with African-Americans “pre-entitlement:”“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.” Im not sure this was a good Ideal?

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South

A quote from the article linked above...
    As the Hollywood Reporter reports, Robertson was suspended after an interview with the magazineGQ:
    A&E has placed Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson on indefinite hiatus following anti-gay remarks he made in a recent profile in GQ.
    "We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," A&E said in a statement. "His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."
    The news comes after Robertson compared homosexuality to bestiality in an interview with the magazine. He'll likely appear in season four, which bows Jan. 15, since production is largely wrapped.​
    And here is the quote in question (from the GQ article)
    What, in your mind, is sinful?
    “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”
    Are they serious or am i missing something? Is he really comparing homosexuality to bestiality?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Christians are the only religion who don't have freedom of speech in the US. It is disgusting. If a Muslim was praying to Allah in public and a Christian was bothered, no one would do anything because they don't want to offend the Muslim. If a Christian was praying in public and a Muslim was upset about it, the Christian would have to stop praying because it offended the Muslim.

Now, I'm not saying the Muslim shouldn't pray in public, because they have every right to, but people in this country from all walks of life need to grow a pair and stop being offended by every little thing and get over it.

This isn't about freedom of speech. This about the actions taken by an employer over the perception of unpopular speech.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They are just trolls looking to stir the pot...if they don't care, then they should GTFO.
    Stir the pot? No need, this pot is boiling on its own. Why you tramping on my 1st amendment right to say whatever I want???? I am trying to understand the concern. I support the bearded guy speaking his mind to whomever and I didn't find it offensive at all. I also support the a network's ability to kill a show for whatever arbitrary reason they come up with. I also support the butthurt people's ability to disagree/protest the bearded guy's statement/beliefs. It boils down to a screaming contest...he who screams the loudest gets the most attention.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    There ya go.

Well played.

Let's see...
    The guy held the beliefs he does *before* the show (so nothing changed there).
    He says he doesn't agree with the lifestyle, but it's not up to him to judge people...it's up to God.
    Then he states his own personal story on how he came to the point he's at (stating that he hit rock bottom before becoming a believer)...
    Then tops that off by saying (in his opinion for himself) women are more appealing than a dude's poop chute.
    The fact that A&E issued a statement about it after LONG knowing all of this already... well... there are better things to do than watch A&E anyhow.

As for all the folks here chiming in with the "who gives a ****" type comments...wtf did you even click on the thread?
    It says DUCK DYNASTY in the flippin' title.
    :dunno:

Who gives a ****.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Stir the pot? No need, this pot is boiling on its own. Why you tramping on my 1st amendment right to say whatever I want???? I am trying to understand the concern. I support the bearded guy speaking his mind to whomever and I didn't find it offensive at all. I also support the a network's ability to kill a show for whatever arbitrary reason they come up with. I also support the butthurt people's ability to disagree/protest the bearded guy's statement/beliefs. It boils down to a screaming contest...he who screams the loudest gets the most attention.

Who said I was talking to you? Was I talking to you??

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    More PC :poop:
    Getting very fed up with the PC stupidity. Everyone is "Soooooooooooooooo" sensitive. Man up damn it. If you are gay own it. If not, own that as well. Make a decision of this magnitude and expect some flak.

I'm with you. How come all these "special interest" groups throw all kinds of propaganda in our face forcing us to accept them and all of what comes with it, but when someone says anything they don't like or agree with they start calling for bans, boycotts, firings, protests, etc.?

If all heterosexuals acted like the homosexuals, then most reality shows and many of the network shows should be banned since they include homosexuality in their programming. I use this as an example because that is the issue right now. This applies to all special interest groups like PETA, Glock owners, etc.:)

I am so tired of this age of entitlement...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    this thread is for people who actually care.
    I don't necessarily care about the particular family (although I'm sure they are nice enough people)...
    My contention is with the fact that it's blatant Christian bashing under the guise of retaliatory gay-bashing (that never actually happened).
    As stated upthread, the ones screaming the loudest for "tolerance" are the most intolerant of all.

now if you would excuse yourself from this thread
    Now you should know there's NO way he can do that now! lol :):

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This isn't about freedom of speech. This about the actions taken by an employer over the perception of unpopular speech.
    This is the the only reality based post I've seen on this subject. Phil endangered A&E's bottom line with his poorly chosen words. His comment should have been "no comment" and there would have been no issue here. Any employer would have likely done the same, and many have. He signed a contract and represents the network, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom