• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Phil said it pretty well. Admitted his own mistakes. Opposed the action, but accepted the person. Glad he had the courage to speak truth even though it is not well received by our culture. Now he can go duck hunting with the guy who blew off Barbara Walters. More wisdom on the duck hunt than in the TV studio in that case.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    While I too, agree that Phils comments were purely his opinons and coveyed in a respectful manner, I can't blame A&E for their decison to sack him. Duck Dynasty is part of A&E's brand, and Phil is part of that show. A&E weighed the decision purely on a cost-benefit perspective. They're a business, and when someone in their employ threatens their bottom line, they will be removed.

Respectfully disagree. The show's demographic are much more inclined to agree with Phil than disagree. The cross-section of people watching A&E is different, but people watching Duck Dynasty are by far more likely to be on Phil's side here. No, I don't think A&E is protecting the viewers of the Duck Dynasty show, they are more concerned with possible backlash from watchers of all their other programs. Honestly I can't believe the show's been on A&E this long. They made as much money as they can, now the show can move over to The Sportsman Channel, or The Outdoor Channel. Buck Commander is still running strong.

Phil is entitled to his opinion and I truly believe he knew there would be consequences and he was willing to accept them. A good lesson to us all. When you know your position is an unpopular one, don't be surprised there are consequences to voicing your opinions in a public forum. We are guaranteed the right to speak our mind without recourse from our government. However, the court of public opinion is always a surly b**ch. Phil walked away from A&E last year when guns and God were to be removed from this year's lineup. They called him back. Phil walked away from opportunities in the NFL to make duck calls and build a business of his own. The man is a snapshot of what it means to be an American. Free to choose your own path. Free to be what you want to be. Free to win and free to lose. Say whatever you want knowing full well people will hate you for it - do it anyway.

We here at INGO hold some pretty unpopular views. When we voice those views in a public forum we will be disliked and even hated for it. But guess what, no one from the government is showing up to put us in jail for saying it. Not yet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Respectfully disagree. The show's demographic are much more inclined to agree with Phil than disagree. The cross-section of people watching A&E is different, but people watching Duck Dynasty are by far more likely to be on Phil's side here. No, I don't think A&E is protecting the viewers of the Duck Dynasty show, they are more concerned with possible backlash from watchers of all their other programs. Honestly I can't believe the show's been on A&E this long. They made as much money as they can, now the show can move over to The Sportsman Channel, or The Outdoor Channel. Buck Commander is still running strong.

Phil is entitled to his opinion and I truly believe he knew there would be consequences and he was willing to accept them. A good lesson to us all. When you know your position is an unpopular one, don't be surprised there are consequences to voicing your opinions in a public forum. We are guaranteed the right to speak our mind without recourse from our government. However, the court of public opinion is always a surly b**ch. Phil walked away from A&E last year when guns and God were to be removed from this year's lineup. They called him back. Phil walked away from opportunities in the NFL to make duck calls and build a business of his own. The man is a snapshot of what it means to be an American. Free to choose your own path. Free to be what you want to be. Free to win and free to lose. Say whatever you want knowing full well people will hate you for it - do it anyway.

We here at INGO hold some pretty unpopular views. When we voice those views in a public forum we will be disliked and even hated for it. But guess what, no one from the government is showing up to put us in jail for saying it. Not yet.

We're not disagreeing. I believe that many of Duck Dynasty's views share his views, but Duck Dynasty isn't A&E. A&E is satisfying it's other viewser and sponsors, who are more likely PC than not (A&E owns Lifetime if you get my meaning, lol)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    We're not disagreeing. I believe that many of Duck Dynasty's views share his views, but Duck Dynasty isn't A&E. A&E is satisfying it's other viewser and sponsors, who are more likely PC than not (A&E owns Lifetime if you get my meaning, lol)

Rgr that. Re-read my own comments and realize we agree.

Glad that in America I can still say what's on my mind and - for the time - not worry I will be jailed for it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Phil recited what the bible says about homosexuality (basically don't oppose it, but don't believe in it. Also says to love each other as people and not to judge). The interviewer knew the answer they would get. It would be like a Brady Campaign person going to interview Wayne Lapierre about gun laws and making a big deal because he doesn't support more of them. Phil never said gays should be put to death or anything bad at all.

Well he also kind of lumped gays with several paticularly loathsome genres of "sinners". The LGBTs *****ed an A&E is falling all over itself to make amends. I think the way they should have handled it was to say that his views don't reflect A&E's views, explain what it's views are, and then admonish people to live and let live. The PC crap is really getting unbarable.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    A&E knew exactly what they were getting when they signed with the Robertson family. A show with family values, religion, guns and hunting. And having a show like that is RARE today.

A&E should have stood up for Phil instead of this.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Never have watched the show so I don't know much about this family. This guy wasn't expressing an his opinion. He was quoting from the good book! Last time I checked that was considered Gods opinion! If you believe in the bible as the word of God, you better believe it all!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    It's ok to say your for gay rights but not ok if your against gay rights. I don't get. +1 to Phil

I agree, and find it very sad. There is some warning in a book I can't talk about on these forums that warns some of us that believe in that book & follow it will be hated.......I can live with that.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    This is just a taste of things to come. Pretty soon they will be removing tax exempt status from Churches who teach homosexuality is wrong. Then the thought police will be ruining your career if you dare to speak out about anything against the party line.
    Eventually, you will not be able to buy or sell or in anyway participate in any type of commerce or any government run/monitored activity/program without a special mark and/or computer chip embeded in your body.
    It's coming soon ....

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I went to the A&E website and gave my opinion, I made sure to stress the fact that I will financially not support A&E to the best of my ability,

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh, and for whatever it is worth, I just wrote A&E a letter telling them I am taking their channel off my "favorites" list in my channel guide so it won't even show up on my TV and I'm planning to write to some of their sponsors.

LINK => feedbackaetv@aenetworks.com

And then I went to Amazon.com and bought 2 Phil Robertson talking Bobbleheads. 1 for Melen's dorm room and 1 for my cigar lounge.

LINK => Amazon.com: Funko Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson Talking Wacky Wobbler: Toys & Games

As fans of the long cancelled TV show "Firefly" say, "can't stop the signal" well so be it with common sense speech: They can't censor Phil.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People have the right to believe whatever they want and hate or like whoever they want. I don't care who people like or dislike and I hate all these social labels we put on people.
    HOWEVER, if something you say or do impacts your employer in any way then they have the right to fire or suspend you. It's simple to say, no comment, or because of my contract I can't answer that question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom