• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Si also said something about a black panther and a bengal tiger. Godwin mumbled something about chili dogs. That along with the previous statement is the complete, official statement.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think we should get the Robertson family opinion on wearing your drawers until you've got to scrape them off with a putty knife before throwing them away.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Okay These are just my thoughts on the Duck Dynasty controversy. And just so you know ahead of time. I am sure there will be grammar and spelling and punctuation mistakes. So be it.

The way I see it. Mr Robertson hit the nail on the head with his views on the subject. The Bible has it in black and white. Homosexuality is a sin. It will be judged a sin when there time comes to meet there maker. All the way back to Adam and Eve the Lord gave man kind the ability to choose how they will live. It also tells us to be kind to one another and that it is not our place to judge one another. Did Mr Robertson pass judgment on gays and lesbians? I do not believe he did. He simply passed on the word of God from the bible. He pointed out how far away from that word the world has strayed. Is he forcing it down our throats? No. He was asked a question and gave what he feels is an honest answer. For this I applaud him.

Why is the gay community in such an uproar? I think its because a person in the lime lite. With a following to be heard was able to explain and put that seed in the publics head to question the way the world is going. How far away from the values the Bible teaches we have fallen. Being homosexual is just one of the examples of how far away the world has become. The gay community has felt empowered since The current POTUS has been in office. There almost being bowed down to. With a person like Mr Robertson making people think. It threatens to take away there momentum. The word of God is a powerful powerful sword and they are afraid to see people unite and use it.

As far as I can remember. there hasn't been a show since the days of the Walton's and Little house on the prairie or Touched by an Angle has there been a show that used God to get out a message like Duck Dynasty. It was fun to watch, it had a meaning sure sometimes it was way way goofy but that was part of the point. It showed you don't have to be a stick in the mud to be a God fearing person. It teaches that Family after God is what is the most important. It teaches values that are vastly being forgotten. Is the Robertson family rich. You bet your butt they are. Is being rich a reward for living and teaching this kind of life. Maybe so. If so Good for them it shows they are doing something right.

What I see is a family led by a God fearing man that got a lot of people to stand up for what is right. Be it the word of God or a constitutional right. Phil Robertson should be applauded for what he said and not flogged for it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Okay These are just my thoughts on the Duck Dynasty controversy. And just so you know ahead of time. I am sure there will be grammar and spelling and punctuation mistakes. So be it.

The way I see it. Mr Robertson hit the nail on the head with his views on the subject. The Bible has it in black and white. Homosexuality is a sin. It will be judged a sin when there time comes to meet there maker. All the way back to Adam and Eve the Lord gave man kind the ability to choose how they will live. It also tells us to be kind to one another and that it is not our place to judge one another. Did Mr Robertson pass judgment on gays and lesbians? I do not believe he did. He simply passed on the word of God from the bible. He pointed out how far away from that word the world has strayed. Is he forcing it down our throats? No. He was asked a question and gave what he feels is an honest answer. For this I applaud him.

Why is the gay community in such an uproar? I think its because a person in the lime lite. With a following to be heard was able to explain and put that seed in the publics head to question the way the world is going. How far away from the values the Bible teaches we have fallen. Being homosexual is just one of the examples of how far away the world has become. The gay community has felt empowered since The current POTUS has been in office. There almost being bowed down to. With a person like Mr Robertson making people think. It threatens to take away there momentum. The word of God is a powerful powerful sword and they are afraid to see people unite and use it.

As far as I can remember. there hasn't been a show since the days of the Walton's and Little house on the prairie or Touched by an Angle has there been a show that used God to get out a message like Duck Dynasty. It was fun to watch, it had a meaning sure sometimes it was way way goofy but that was part of the point. It showed you don't have to be a stick in the mud to be a God fearing person. It teaches that Family after God is what is the most important. It teaches values that are vastly being forgotten. Is the Robertson family rich. You bet your butt they are. Is being rich a reward for living and teaching this kind of life. Maybe so. If so Good for them it shows they are doing something right.

What I see is a family led by a God fearing man that got a lot of people to stand up for what is right. Be it the word of God or a constitutional right. Phil Robertson should be applauded for what he said and not flogged for it.

From seeing and hearing the opinions of my gay friends (some of them are even Christians), they did not care one bit. If they were offended by it, they'd not watch the show...which none of them did in the first place. The people that are the most offended are those that think they need to fight for everyone else. There are people claiming he was being hateful towards homosexuals. The reality, if you've seen any of his gospels/speaking engagements, he hates the sin not the sinner...including his own from being a drunk, womanizing, druggie. Some are saying he is racist because of his comments about growing up and picking cotton with poor blacks. I'm not sure how saying that they were happy people and that they got along can be considered racist. The real problem is that the majority of people in this country are too stupid and self absorbed making them think that EVERYTHING is automatically their battle.

As for it being a constitutional right, he hasn't been jailed for speaking his mind. He most likely had signed a contract with a clause that allows the network to terminate the contract if they believe actions will hurt the product or network. He still has every right to speak his mind.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doesn't matter. The law is the law...
    image_zps24475cfe.jpg

You really wanyt to go down THAT road?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Phil didn't say nothing about lesbians, nor did the Bible, correct me if I am wrong. I can understand why a woman would want a woman.....I just can't understand a guy wanting a guy. I mean....we are hairy and stink, fart, belch and pee on a tree and take baths once a week!

Rom 1:26

Understand your statement though...'cause I'm a guy. lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom