• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Match yesterday/today. https://practiscore.com/results/new/073fb351-b0bd-43c5-a8c0-a59d13407f0f Still not quite hanging with the big dogs, but getting closer. Carry Optics is getting competitive in these parts. Had some good stages and a couple of letdowns. The letdowns were mental errors like having trigger freeze and then letting it mess me all up. There was a seated unloaded table start. Do OK on that. Dry fire is paying off, just have to keep the nose to the grindstone. Need to do what I usually do plus incorporate in those areas that I can take away from a match that need work. Should do the same with live fire. Really should probably video some stages to help with that.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Match yesterday/today. https://practiscore.com/results/new/073fb351-b0bd-43c5-a8c0-a59d13407f0f Still not quite hanging with the big dogs, but getting closer. Carry Optics is getting competitive in these parts. Had some good stages and a couple of letdowns. The letdowns were mental errors like having trigger freeze and then letting it mess me all up. There was a seated unloaded table start. Do OK on that. Dry fire is paying off, just have to keep the nose to the grindstone. Need to do what I usually do plus incorporate in those areas that I can take away from a match that need work. Should do the same with live fire. Really should probably video some stages to help with that.

Dude you beat everyone the classification says you should have beat. Almost got and A class as well. Things are coming together. Video is a great way to find mistakes and things to work on that you probably are not even aware are going on with a stage.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    After a tough day holding the line in America's public schools I got back to some Dry Practice.

Trigger Meet Sights 1,2,3
    Front sight turn
    Bill reload Bill
    L to R
    R to L
    Step in
    Move 6, reload 6
    Plate transititons
    LMR
    RML
    Bill Drill
    unloaded table starts, 6
    6 On the move

Carry Gun from Concealment:
    Draws at 7 yards
    3 X2 at 7 yards

Cover garment still seems stupid every single time. But I came up with a way to adapt mentally. I am going for Quigley status. I never said I could not do it. I just said I don't like to.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Trigger Meet Sights 1,2,3
    Front sight turn
    Bill reload Bill
    L to R
    R to L
    Step in
    Move 6, reload 6
    Plate transititons
    LMR
    RML
    Bill Drill
    unloaded table starts, 6
    6 On the move

Carry Gun from Concealment:
    Draws at 7 yards
    3 X2 at 7 yards

Up early for a session. Have a new callous forming on my left hand, which is awesome. I take it as and indicator of doing something worthwhile. No injuries from unloaded table starts. Brazos is in Brownsburg getting a new front sight. Double reps on Concealment draws under par time. Bumped the time down on Bill reload bill last night and also on step in. This morning went better than last night.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    last night
    6r6
    6rs
    6rw
    starts and stops
    starts and stops 2
    moving starts and stops

It was too damn hot in the garage to put on another shirt and I got a late start due to errands after work.
    I'll get it in tonight

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Gamer stuff
    Dot torture
    5 to go
    Pendulum
    Outer limits
    The steel sucked me in.
    I have been making the par times on these for awhile so I decided to move them down to a more challenging level.
    It took awhile.
    I was wringing wet and I still needed to put on another shirt and work the carry gun stuff
    I got it in.
    The plan was live fire in the morning but I have to take one of the old women that live here to the doctor instead.
    I'm going to try to get it in after work Thursday.
    It should be cooler

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Split session
    Morning carry gun
    Dot torture
    Draws @7
    Bill drills @7
    3x2 @ 3
    Draws @25

After the doctor/ dentist appointments

Table draws
    6r6
    6rs
    6rw
    Starts and stops
    Starts and stops 2
    Moving starts and Stops
    Breaking up the starts and stops
    Outer limits
    Pendulum
    5 to go

Going to attempt a range trip if I can get out of work in time tomorrow.
    Truck is loaded.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well my mag release spring broke in my comp gun about half way through live fire tonight. That stunk.

At home I got the spring changed out with one from an older carry Glock while I wait on a new one.

Dry fire then consisted of surrender draws, draws +1, and all of my steel challenge banners to prep for tomorrow's match.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've been dry firing just not posting
    I got in a couple of sessions over a screwed up busy work weekend and I I just finished my second session for today.
    I'm loading the truck now for some live work tomorrow.
    Gamer gun stuff will be geared toward transitions And movement.
    I'm going to shoot the standards with the dot gun again but I'm not expecting a bunch of improvement.
    I've been working on them in dryfire quite a bit and I'm getting closer on the 3x2.
    The a at 25 is do able if I hit a clean draw.
    The other two may be beyond my reaction time garment clearing abilities.
    I'll keep working on it

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    200 rounds of live fire with the carry gun this morning. Draws, Bill drills, 2R2, Position entry and exit with moving reloads, a bunch of variations of the Test. Reloads from concealment still suck.

eta

Evening dry fire

Can't you count?
    Starts and Stops
    Starts and Stops 2
    Breaking up the Starts and Stops
    Moving to Starts and Stops

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;IScpHz3raWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IScpHz3raWg[/video]

Did not get the mainly steel stage on video. I went first and Royce was right after me. We were not ready for that. Or the stage honestly. It sucked. Range equipment failure forced a reshoot. The reshoot sucked less but was not good. Plate rack and a texas star and some small poppers.

Did not feel I hit positions ready to fire in several places in the match. It is evident in the video. While taking a break from essay grading today i worked in the back yard on getting into and out of positions and shooting on the move and Bill Drills.

The Oxford match had some places for memory worked into it. Reloads did not fall naturally for Limited a couple of times. It was a good day at the range.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Got the live fire in.
    Sub optimal performance on the group shooting, it wasn't horrible it just wasn't good.
    Made some gains on wide transitions
    I have been struggling with this for a while so I changed it up a bit today.
    I started out running the drill with my .22 and worked the transition time down as far as I could.
    Then switched over to the limited gun. It seemed to help
    I knocked off a couple of tenths on average.
    It was too hot for call it and leave it but I did it anyway.
    Then about a hundred rounds of alphas or else. I never shoot at no shoot protected targets over 10 yards moving so this was a little frustrating but great movement and shot calling work.
    I then did the black belt drills with a t-shirt. I've been doing this in dryfire . The only time that improved was the 3x2 it was 2 .11 on the 3rd run. Draws are slower with the t-shirt.

Top Bottom