• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    What you have to understand is the power dynamic between LEO and non-. You guys have the power to detain us, take away our stuff, and use the threat of force against us - and use actual force if we don't cooperate.

I didn't see your location. Are you posting from North Korea?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I keep hearing that, but I've come in contact with LOTS of drunks, many of whom are raging alcoholics and/or drug addicts and you can ALWAYS smell it on them. True, some of them walk and talk just fine while being .20+ but you can always smell it and usually see it in their eyes. To say that someone was acting just fine is one thing, but I don't see how you can get near someone with a BrAC that high and not smell it on them.

It's probably easier if you're "not trying".

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I guess we will have to wait for the news tonight to hear about the new developments, no stations a going live that I can find

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Unless the news is Ballard, Straub and the Chief are stepping down I don't know if I want to hear it

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    WIBC is reporting 3 high ranking officers who were present at the seen have been demoted. More info at 3pm.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    ...the officers on the scene (good friends of mine) are not going to risk their careers, their freedom, their kids/wives well being, to cover up a bad officer. We are talking a dozen officers, several deputy chiefs...

IMPD demotes 3 for 'botched' investigation | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

TWO Assistant Chiefs, and a Cheif!

Granted you said cover up but this is not much better... who really knows if they messed it up on purpose....... if they did not do it on purpose then thats pretty sad 3 high ranking officers can mess something up so bad that they get demoted.

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Let's see 2 assistant chiefs that probably don't take a crap without the chief telling them to, the three that are responsible, Ballard, Straub and the Chief are still there, THEY NEED TO GO!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Let's see 2 assistant chiefs that probably don't take a crap without the chief telling them to, the three that are responsible, Ballard, Straub and the Chief are still there, THEY NEED TO GO!

COme election time I can't see Straub and Ballard sticking around for long after the last few months.... and it seems like things have gone down hill faster since the new Chief got in office.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    COme election time I can't see Straub and Ballard sticking around for long after the last few months.... and it seems like things have gone down hill faster since the new Chief got in office.

Election time I'd to far away, think of the harm these three can do to our city in that time

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    so this probly just means they will go back to a job with less responsibility and still be making the same money they were as deputy chiefs. whoop T doo. correct me if im wrong.

Im pretty sure there will be pay cuts.... if word got out that they get to keep their pay it would jsut add fuel to the fire......

Id hope that this is career enders for them.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    All three were present at the scene....... What was it now that the officer on here was saying about the officers on the scene??? Cover up or botched investegation, either way it must be pretty bad to demote 3 higher up's.
    Did you honestly think that someone wasn't going to lose either their rank or their jobs? The mayor thinks this will take some of the pressure off himself.

It was fairly obvious that the :poop: was going to roll downhill.

To the conspiracy theorists...do you really believe these 3 top cops would have placed their rank or jobs on the line for Bisard? This could and very well may effect their retirements. I believe it is calculated by the average of their last 5 years of pay on the department. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) Either way...I can't see all of them placing it all on the line for one guy to which they owe nothing.

While I have no doubt that there very well may be people who would have covered...(yes...there are unscrupulous people in all walks of life...law enforcement included) all any one of them would have to have done would be throw up a hand and say..."Whoa...hold on here a minute..." and they would have been a hero in the public's eye for blowing the whistle. Their rank, pay and retirement would have been safe.

Throw in the fact that even no one not affiliated with law enforcement on the scene disagreed that Bisard did not appear to be intoxicated. That's a lot of people to pay off.

I saw on one of the news channels last night that said Bisard never took off his sunglasses in any of the footage they had. Funny...they didn't mention that none of the other 7 officers surrounding Bisard removed their glasses.

While I'm not going to wave a flag proclaiming his innocence, you'll forgive me if I wait for the jury to come back. :twocents:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Brizzi is discussing this on WIBC right now;
    Indy's News Center - 93.1 WIBC Indianapolis
    Any chance he's discussing his own taking of campaign contributions for reducing the sentence of a convicted murderer? Google Paula and Darrell Willoughby. Anyone who has lived in Speedway will remember.

He's good buddies with Paula's daddy. :rolleyes:

That piece of scum holds no credibility in my book.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Did you honestly think that someone wasn't going to lose either their rank or their jobs? The mayor thinks this will take some of the pressure off himself.

It was fairly obvious that the :poop: was going to roll downhill.

To the conspiracy theorists...do you really believe these 3 top cops would have placed their rank or jobs on the line for Bisard? This could and very well may effect their retirements. I believe it is calculated by the average of their last 5 years of pay on the department. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) Either way...I can't see all of them placing it all on the line for one guy to which they owe nothing.

While I have no doubt that there very well may be people who would have covered...(yes...there are unscrupulous people in all walks of life...law enforcement included) all any one of them would have to have done would be throw up a hand and say..."Whoa...hold on here a minute..." and they would have been a hero in the public's eye for blowing the whistle. Their rank, pay and retirement would have been safe.

Throw in the fact that even no one not affiliated with law enforcement on the scene disagreed that Bisard did not appear to be intoxicated. That's a lot of people to pay off.

I saw on one of the news channels last night that said Bisard never took off his sunglasses in any of the footage they had. Funny...they didn't mention that none of the other 7 officers surrounding Bisard removed their glasses.

While I'm not going to wave a flag proclaiming his innocence, you'll forgive me if I wait for the jury to come back. :twocents:

well even if they had no hand in this, those 3 have sure let a lot of other stuff go on. I think the chief needs to go too, not just for this incident but others.
    I think sh*t needs to keep rolling down hill.

Brizzi said that some how bissards blood was "somehow" misplaced at the end of the day. well if they still have some of it they can do a DNA test to see if its realy his blood. oh, wait, it doesnt matter because brizzi dropped the DUI charges. I have no faith in ANY of our indianapolis elected officials anymore, or the people they appoint..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom