• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I realize you put "mistake" in parenthesis, but that is clearly no longer a mistake and I really hope to G** that isn't the case...One bad apple(if he was actually drunk) is one thing, but a whole group of them covering up for him is a completely different monster.

After hearing multiple accounts of how good of a guy he is, I honestly don't want to believe he was drunk. I just don't understand how a .19% mistake could have happened if he was stone cold sober. I've never drawn blood or tested results, so I have idea how it works though.

Thats why I put it in parenthesis. I highly doubt it is the case with this incident. If so, there would be at least 30 officers ranking from patrolman to Chief of Police that would be involved in the coverup. There were several very high-ranking officers on the scene that spoke face-to-face with Bisard and had even one of them had the slightest inkling that he had been drinking, he would have been decommissioned and tested immediately.

If there was a mistake made, I don't know how it could happen either. I have had blood drawn from persons that I was arresting for DUI. It was put in my hand by the nurse immediately being drawn and stayed in my possession until I submitted it to the property room. There is a slim chance that the blood was switched with that of another person. Hell, maybe the department has it out for Bisard and he was completely sober and someone had his blood switched with that of a person who was .19, and their test result came back .00 . Far-fetched, but if you talk about cover-ups you have to look at the flip side. **Disclaimer: I put that out there as a "what if?" scenerio, not as something I think happened.**

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Remember, for this to be a cover up, it would have to involve a LOT of people not affiliated with the police department. No one, not a whole bunch of cops, not the medics, not the doctors, not one person, detected any hint of impairment. As much as many cops hate drunk drivers, getting all the cops to keep their yaps shut would be a huge undertaking. Getting all those other people to do so? I don't see it happening.

Wonder if the blood sample got swapped with someone else's? There are supposed to be safeguards against just this, but with all the other mistakes made, it's hardly impossible.

Great minds think alike.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

Hell, maybe the department has it out for Bisard and he was completely sober and someone had his blood switched with that of a person who was .19, and their test result came back .00 . Far-fetched, but if you talk about cover-ups you have to look at the flip side. **Disclaimer: I put that out there as a "what if?" scenerio, not as something I think happened.**

Far fetched, but not impossible. After all, a contributing factor, perhaps even a causitive factor, is the fact that the department knowingly put him on the street with bad brakes. Repeatedly, if reports are true. Someone may have felt it better to sacrifice an officer to cover up that kind of bad decision. A lawyer will not have much trouble painting that as gross negligence.

I've also been wondering since this happened if the officer was looking at his computer as he approached the intersection. I'm amazed at all the electronic gadgets police cars have, stuff we certainly didn't have way back when. A fair amount of time is spent heads down in the car's cabin. A moment's distraction at the wrong time on city streets, malfunctioning brakes and an officer trained to just mash the peddle with ABS... it doesn't take a drunk to create this tragedy.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Remember, for this to be a cover up, it would have to involve a LOT of people not affiliated with the police department. No one, not a whole bunch of cops, not the medics, not the doctors, not one person, detected any hint of impairment. As much as many cops hate drunk drivers, getting all the cops to keep their yaps shut would be a huge undertaking. Getting all those other people to do so? I don't see it happening.

Wonder if the blood sample got swapped with someone else's? There are supposed to be safeguards against just this, but with all the other mistakes made, it's hardly impossible.

Thats why I put it in parenthesis. I highly doubt it is the case with this incident. If so, there would be at least 30 officers ranking from patrolman to Chief of Police that would be involved in the coverup. There were several very high-ranking officers on the scene that spoke face-to-face with Bisard and had even one of them had the slightest inkling that he had been drinking, he would have been decommissioned and tested immediately.

If there was a mistake made, I don't know how it could happen either. I have had blood drawn from persons that I was arresting for DUI. It was put in my hand by the nurse immediately being drawn and stayed in my possession until I submitted it to the property room. There is a slim chance that the blood was switched with that of another person. Hell, maybe the department has it out for Bisard and he was completely sober and someone had his blood switched with that of a person who was .19, and their test result came back .00 . Far-fetched, but if you talk about cover-ups you have to look at the flip side. **Disclaimer: I put that out there as a "what if?" scenerio, not as something I think happened.**

As you know, you can read back several pages and see that I was ready to crucify the guy right then and there, but after hearing all of this new information outside of the original article, I think this(the bolded parts) could very well be the case.

Nothing else really adds up.:dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So basically what you are saying is the 4th Amendment doesn't apply to cops. Sure we can't violate when it comes to non-LEOs, but we also can't rely on it to keep ourselves from having illegal actions taken against us. Double standard much? Of course not, at least not in your mind.

High number of cops caught drinking and driving? IMPD has right around 1600 sworn officers. What do you consider a "high number"? 5, 10? That would be .003125 and .00625 percent of the department. Back up your statements with facts, not opinion.

no i didnt say the 4th ammendment doesnt apply to cops. im not out to get cops. i think we should pay cops more and give them better training. im not the cop hater you would like to believe me to be. i just dont want anyone who doesnt belong in it up in my s***.
    If a job does PBT's as a job requirement then its not a 4th amendment issue. cops do have a double standard, just like any other employee that has a union behind them. its legal extorsion.

me?? double standard much??? :laugh:

your kidding right? you want me to list alll the cases where cops get found guilty of illegal stuff that a normal citizen would go to jail for, but the cops keep their jobs? or how about all the KNOWN infidelity in the ranks that goes unpunished (not saying it doesnt happen everywhere, but wheres the integrity, and honor? cops wanna be treated better than the average person then earn it) Even in the military adultry is ILLEGAL and you will be punished if caught. I think there is plenty of double standards with police and its been well proven by people much smarter than me. i've heard plenty bragging to this effect too. so i realy dont think its as small of a percentage as you wanna try to fool us with. also on the drunk driving, i wasnt just singling out IMPD. The numbers are pretty high. your numbers are low, and also dont account for all the ones not caught, or that had CHARGES DROPPED!
    I support the kind of police officers that a lot of other cops hate! the kind that put honor and integrity befor career. and blow the whistle even if it means they will be hated by their co-workers. also I support the ones who dont intergect their own worthless opinions and personal fears into law enforcement. I think the whole hero thing goes to a lot of cops heads. Lets face it, its not realy that dangerous of a job, and from reading a lot of post on here I think its safe to say theres not too many cops that would risk their life to save a citizen. Its about officer safety first after all right.

lets not forget that this "super nice guy, great person, and mr integrity bissard" still is a criminal, drunk or not for being a reckless jackball dumbass and plowing over and killing people. lets not forget that! he should still fry for it. but i do believe he was drunk whether or not a prosecuter and a failed judicial system wants to pursue the truth or not, because of a false technicality that any smart medical proffessional not being paid to protect a criminal will tell you.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Far fetched, but not impossible. After all, a contributing factor, perhaps even a causitive factor, is the fact that the department knowingly put him on the street with bad brakes. Repeatedly, if reports are true. Someone may have felt it better to sacrifice an officer to cover up that kind of bad decision. A lawyer will not have much trouble painting that as gross negligence.

From what I heard Bisard was at the garage that morning to get his brakes repaired and was told there was nothing wrong with them, then just prior to the collision only one wheel on the car completely locked up. Not normal for an ABS-equipped vehicle to do.

As you know, you can read back several pages and see that I was ready to crucify the guy right then and there, but after hearing all of this new information outside of the original article, I think this(the bolded parts) could very well be the case.

Nothing else really adds up.:dunno:

Well I'm glad that at least a couple level-headed people aren't drinking all the coverup kool-aide.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    From what I heard Bisard was at the garage that morning to get his brakes repaired and was told there was nothing wrong with them, then just prior to the collision only one wheel on the car completely locked up. Not normal for an ABS-equipped vehicle to do.

Well I'm glad that at least a couple level-headed people aren't drinking all the coverup kool-aide.

yeah, lets not forget that at the speed he was going (and the non needed reason) being so reckless it wouldnt have mattered if he had ABS or not. also not all cars on the road have ABS, and you dont see them plowing over men on bikes like rows of corn do you? and if they do they will go to jail for the same thing this guy is gonna go to jail for. only he will get a much lighter sentence im sure for all his (drunk) years of dedicated service to the people.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    I find it fascinating that an average person is run through this exact procedure every day, and no legal beagle or official complains, but when it's a cop involved, suddenly the test isn't done right or it's somehow inadmissable...

I've never been able to figure out how someone can have informed consent to their rights relative to a blood test or BAC if they're so drunk they can't stand up, but that's the world we live in, and a different topic.

In this case, looks like the double standard is alive and well...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Still disagree with your statement. The cowards are discovered rather quickly in their careers and everyone knows who they are. They are greatly outnumbered in the ranks.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I find it fascinating that an average person is run through this exact procedure every day, and no legal beagle or official complains, but when it's a cop involved, suddenly the test isn't done right or it's somehow inadmissable...
    snip

You've never sat in a court and watched a series of DUI trials, have you? There are a great many attorneys who's entire livelihood is based on defending these cases, and they are pitbulls. Pull someone over for crossing the centerline too many times? Be prepared to discuss on the stand whether or not the paint on the lines was faded. Slurring? What about my client's speech impediment? FST... lighting was poor, they couldn't see well enough to walk the line. On and on and on. These are very often HEAVILY defended cases. All it takes is enough money to hire one of those lawyers. Folks are just getting a chance to see how it works, which most don't see very often.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You've never sat in a court and watched a series of DUI trials, have you? There are a great many attorneys who's entire livelihood is based on defending these cases, and they are pitbulls. Pull someone over for crossing the centerline too many times? Be prepared to discuss on the stand whether or not the paint on the lines was faded. Slurring? What about my client's speech impediment? FST... lighting was poor, they couldn't see well enough to walk the line. On and on and on. These are very often HEAVILY defended cases. All it takes is enough money to hire one of those lawyers. Folks are just getting a chance to see how it works, which most don't see very often.

field sobriety test are nothing more than cruel tactics used by police for their enjoyment. a sober person couldnt do some of those test. If a cop ask you to do a field sobriety test just tell him NO. you are not required by law to take them or a PBT. you ARE however required to take the court admissible breath test at IU medical center?? i thinks where it is around here. and also you must submit to a blood test if asked IF they have PC. but if you dont mind losing your license then you dont even have to take those. and if your realy over .08 but think you could beat a DUI charge in court then it might be worth it for you not to submit. your mouth is always your worse enemy when getting pulled over. cop cant smell your breath if you arent speaking, lol. well "technically" and thats all you need in court is a little doubt. just ask bishard

Im extreamly against drunk driving, but im also against cops making fools of innocent people who arent realy drunk.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    you ARE however required to take the court admissible breath test at IU medical center?? i thinks where it is around here.

Yep, the only court admissible datamaster instrument in the Indy metro area is at IU medical center. Some cops have to drive for miles just to violate someones 4th Amendment right and force them to provide a breath sample.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

The case holding that blood draws by non-certified drawers are inadmissible under the statute was "Brown v. State" and involved an "average person" as the defendant, not a police officer...

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/08210905tac.pdf

Browns blood draw results were found to be inadmissible in court.

Joe

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yep, the only court admissible datamaster instrument in the Indy metro area is at IU medical center. Some cops have to drive for miles just to violate someones 4th Amendment right and force them to provide a breath sample.

Then what are those Breathmaster 9000s(those big machines at the station and I didn't bother looking back at the exact term) for?

They are accurate enough to give someone a simple DUI(no injuries or crashes), but not enough for court? Also, by "court" to you mean civil and criminal court?

***Genuine questions not meant to be condescending***

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Then what are those Breathmaster 9000s(those big machines at the station and I didn't bother looking back at the exact term) for?

They are accurate enough to give someone a simple DUI(no injuries or crashes), but not enough for court? Also, by "court" to you mean civil and criminal court?

***Genuine questions not meant to be condescending***

Sorry, it was my smartassedness making an appearance because a completely factally challenged statement was made.

All Datamaster instruments in Indiana are certified by the Dept of Toxicology and have to have that certification in order to be admissible in court.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom