• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sorry, it was my smartassedness making an appearance because a completely factally challenged statement was made.

All Datamaster instruments in Indiana are certified by the Dept of Toxicology and have to have that certification in order to be admissible in court.

Yep, the only court admissible datamaster instrument in the Indy metro area is at IU medical center. Some cops have to drive for miles just to violate someones 4th Amendment right and force them to provide a breath sample.

Wow, it must be time for bed...You even mentioned the name of the machine(instrument) in the first sentence and I didn't get it.:n00b:

Somehow, I did catch on to the satire in the second sentence though.:n00b:

(Yep, two "noob" smilies in one post...It must be time for bed)

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    a guy on a bike got killed by a drunk peice of sh.. the end, evidently

I saw the video of the crash scene, do you really think 20 cops, not to mention emt's, firefighters would conspire to say this man wasn't drinking when he if fact was:dunno:

I don't know what happened, all I know is that the prosecutor jumped the gun and didn't do a very good job of investigating this before filling charges, and that doesn't really surprise me

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They should have brought in another department for the investigation. Having it done in-house just presents too much doubt in our currently corrupt world. IMO, it makes the results as trustworthy as a Congressional Oversight Committee, or a Congressial Ethics Committee.

I say this with the upmost respect for all officers of the law, as I come from a family of officers. However, when you have been entrusted to "police your own", then at least try to find someone that gives the impression of impartiality and justice to conduct the investigation.

With all of the changes that have taken place, especially the fiasco of merging the two departments, this was just another very poor decision in a string of many.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    someone forgets a man died.judge ruger says think about his family.frank & berry ha ha.sure are some smart caring computer nerds on here

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well I just got home from work and saw the news of no OWI charges. Pretty much the way I figured it would be. Now brace yourself because the driving charges are gonna be easy to defend also. The brake problems that very morning and the one skid mark at the scene are going to be big. Was the guy going a little too fast for the run? Yea probably. I think most officers with any road time will admit the same for themselves. I know I am guilty myself.

I did not and still do not think for a minute that this guy was intoxicated. The media and others jumped the gun as usual. As for the FBI investigation, the FBI has no authority in this case at all. The will be a resource only. The FBI investigates federal crimes only. A traffic crash is not a federal crime. They are being brought in to help the IMPD brass say we are doing something to the public..

This is a tragic thing to all involved. This incident is far from over IMO. Citizens skate on OWI charges all the time and no one says a word. OWI is a big money lawyer game full of stupid asinine games. Any officer that has done many OWI's will soon be frustrated with the process and avoid them like a butt whipping.

Stay tuned because it is gonna get even more interesting before it is over. One thing you can bet on, the city of Indpls. is going to be paying out some $$$$$

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    any idea why leo has the garrity rule and nobody else? im a truckdriver if im in a wreck no matter how how minor or whos fault im required by law to take a drug/alchohol test. why dont i have the garrity rule?
    This is MY question, I have driven for 11 years, (probably longer), and
    no matter what, I have to go pee, before anything else.....

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    This is MY question, I have driven for 11 years, (probably longer), and
    no matter what, I have to go pee, before anything else.....

Good question. I really have no idea why it wouldn't apply to you. Is it possible that it does.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My mom and my youngest brother work in a factory. Any time you have an accident, no matter how small, you take a **** test. Cut yourself with a knife, papercut size, you take a **** test. Doesn't matter.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    My mom and my youngest brother work in a factory. Any time you have an accident, no matter how small, you take a **** test. Cut yourself with a knife, papercut size, you take a **** test. Doesn't matter.

Normally, if you have to go to the doctor or hospital for a "work related injury" then it's a given you will be tested. I've known guys who have toughed it out (cuts, goose eggs, and one got a piece of metal in his eye) just because they probably knew they were going to **** dirty.

Actually, on second thought...the guy with metal in his eye went to the doctor, but he paid out of his own pocket and said it happened at home.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    As for the FBI investigation, the FBI has no authority in this case at all. The will be a resource only. The FBI investigates federal crimes only. A traffic crash is not a federal crime. They are being brought in to help the IMPD brass say we are doing something to public..

I think you need to look into deprivation of civil rights under color of law prosecuted as a criminal action before you get too sure that the Feds are only there for show.

Remember, we are talking about an agent of the state acting in his official capacity killing someone as well as a possible cover-up by other agents of the state. If you think there is no possible federal criminal liability, I would think again.

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Civil Rights - Color of Law

Joe

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I think you need to look into deprivation of civil rights under color of law prosecuted as a criminal action before you get too sure that the Feds are only there for show.

Remember, we are talking about an agent of the state acting in his official capacity killing someone as well as a possible cover-up by other agents of the state. If you think there is no possible federal criminal liability, I would think again.

Joe

yep, and they already know their way around IMPD.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I have not read this entire thread. If I post something that has already been said I am sorry. Under state law, the drivers that are involved in a fatal accident have to submit to a blood test for intoxication. Was this not done in this case?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Joe

Nope does not apply. They are there for show only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom