• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Do you have any thoughts on the causes and potential solutions for the police randomly attacking the innocent. My personal sense of security is eroding to the point where I feel like I am caught between two potentially dangerous groups in form of the police and the criminals.

I think the cause is that the officers were scared ****less and acted as such. I don't know what the solution is. Most cops, hell most people (myself included) do not know what it would feel like to be actively hunted by a committed opponent.

I don't support what they did nor will I defend their actions. At the same time I sure haven't envied their position and I wouldn't have wanted to be wearing an LAPD uniform driving around in a marked car during the past week either.

I don't believe Doerner's claims against the department nor do I believe the department's claims. As with most things the truth lies somewhere between them and I long ago stopped worrying about things that I have no ability to learn the truth on.

Bottom line is it doesn't affect me. I feel for everyone involved and I hope nothing like that happens here.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No, I don't think you're him, but I would like to see an officer stand up and tell another officer that he's out of line.

I've been doing my best to ignore this thread. I really didn't want to get into it as it is a no win for me. This will probably be my last post unless someone calls my mom a name.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Would you extend the same consideration had one of the innocents returned fire and shot a cop dead for attacking because the cop was too damned stupid to be turned loose with a gun? You would act yourself to shoot Dorner without him doing anything personally to you. Would you afford the same consideration you give yourself to the citizen who returns fire on the cop who wrongfully opens fire?

The "what ifs" can go on forever. The things that happened in LA will get sorted out. Again I really have no concern about what else happened. My only concern was to see this idiot dead or captured. That is the ONLY reason I have even posted anything. No one is defending what the California cops did. Come on man it is California. They do things different out there. Heck they don't even think like us normal people.:)

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    am getting mix stuff off scanners ...a lot of confusion on site if he was in there if he was he wasn't pulled out .....bunker buster swat is on a secure frec... any one got any updates......

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think the cause is that the officers were scared ****less and acted as such. I don't know what the solution is. Most cops, hell most people (myself included) do not know what it would feel like to be actively hunted by a committed opponent.

I don't support what they did nor will I defend their actions. At the same time I sure haven't envied their position and I wouldn't have wanted to be wearing an LAPD uniform driving around in a marked car during the past week either.

I don't believe Doerner's claims against the department nor do I believe the department's claims. As with most things the truth lies somewhere between them and I long ago stopped worrying about things that I have no ability to learn the truth on.

Bottom line is it doesn't affect me. I feel for everyone involved and I hope nothing like that happens here.

I can understand your perspective, especially in terms of trying to sift the truth out of a situation in which it will never be found. In my reckoning, that does not foster trust.

The bigger problem from my perspective is that if have had more trouble in my life from wrong-acting cops than from criminals. Taking that in tandem with the fact that in the case of someone like Dorner, even acting locally, I have little cause for concern for my personal safety. I have a serious cause for concern under such circumstances of getting filled full of lead by some cop who is jumping at his own shadow--all while hearing the rhetoric about how he is entitled to a double standard in his favor because he is some kind of ubermensch. It creates a serious problem with public safety when those hired to promote public safety become the greater danger to public safety.

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    I think Dorner is on the Obama anti gun movement payroll. He probably is in the DC area attending the State of Union address. In all seriousness, saying prayers to the family of the deceased Deputy.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    579569_10151494486294740_956498587_n.jpg

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I think he got away. My buddy in the area told me that they're setting up a perimeter and checking vehicles.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    News text to my phone says "FOXNews reporting as if long manhunt is over"... and another before that was about the cabin being allowed to burn down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom