• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    In some services maybe. My GF's son enlisted in the Marine Corps and ships to MCRD in 15 & a wake up. His recruiter has a monthly mission of one. They aren't talking to anyone already out of high school. Minimum ASVAB score of 50 (the other services were 30). No prior service, not even prior service Marines. It took him five months to get an enlistment date. The Corps is picking and choosing who they want.

Qualifications for all services are rising. I think that recruiters will be the front line to prevent homosexuals from enlisting. All the guys at the RS here are combat vets, the very troops that said homosexuals will hurt unit morale.

REALLY???

you just got through saying this was going to hurt reenlistment because straights dont want to serve with gays so it goes to reason that it will also hurt enlistment under your thinking because straights dont want to serve with gays....

now,,,if straight enlistment is going to drop,,,where are they gonna find the recruits???

which is it???

gotcha

just face facts on whats coming so seeing the first openly gay marine general on tv,,,doesnt send your blood pressure through the roof!!!!

wow,,,imagine how youll be when some of your kin has to serve under an openly gay officer!!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    In some services maybe. My GF's son enlisted in the Marine Corps and ships to MCRD in 15 & a wake up. His recruiter has a monthly mission of one. They aren't talking to anyone already out of high school. Minimum ASVAB score of 50 (the other services were 30). No prior service, not even prior service Marines. It took him five months to get an enlistment date. The Corps is picking and choosing who they want.

Qualifications for all services are rising. I think that recruiters will be the front line to prevent homosexuals from enlisting. All the guys at the RS here are combat vets, the very troops that said homosexuals will hurt unit morale.

Talking to my son's recruiter not long ago, all the branches have tightened up. Army isn't event taking people with GED unless they have a year of college now.

They can be picky in a recession, because everyone is looking for work.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    What if a feller has a thing for horses in that well special way.... can he now not join the Calvary? I keed I keed, light'n up folks just a joke. :D

I think that the "getting killed" thing would be more on the mind of straight folks joining than the "homing with gay guys" thing when they enlist... just guessing.

I'm impressed that this thread has lasted over 80 post and not been shut down... well done folks :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    What if a feller has a thing for horses in that well special way.... can he now not join the Calvary? I keed I keed, light'n up folks just a joke. :D

I think that the "getting killed" thing would be more on the mind of straight folks joining than the "homing with homos" thing when they enlist... just guessing.

I'm impressed that this thread has lasted over 80 post and not been shut down... well done folks :thumbsup:

I agree, it also surprised me how civil this thread has stayed.
    :ingo:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Let's face it, this is one of those areas that some people have very strong feelings about. This site has rules against even discussing why many of us feel so strongly about it. Which obviously the other side celebrates and takes advantage of every chance they get.
    None of that has been shown in this thread. Your woe-is-me argument is weakkkkk.

REALLY? You think so? I dont think so myself. every recruiter I know will tell you not to sayt s*** about anything. anything that gets you in is acceptable as long as its not traced back to them.
    I think the recruiters will be all over this.
    This. I have a giant scar in my arm and a plate in it and I was told to just say I fell when I was little.

The problem is that it's not about equal rights it's always about special rights.... you HAVE to accept me!!!.....uh.. no I don't, I don't agree with the lifestyle... but I do try to abide by " Hate the sin, love the sinner" I also hate when gay people compare themselves to the equal rights movement...Black people were discriminated solely based on skin color, not actions, gay people are frowned on because of their lifestyles and behavior, something which may offend some people.
    Nope this is about equal rights...Justification for discrimination of black people were actions and crimes they were perceived to cause. I could just as easily argue that gun owners and their lifestyle of being inbred, uneducated, poor, hating everyone that thinks differently, is of a different skin color, and has more than 12 teeth offend me.

Your arguments are also weak.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I am a Christian and I have just as much respect for the Muslims, the Jewish, the bigamist and polygamist soldiers who gave their lives as I do the Christian soldiers. I think this was legislation that needed to happen. The army is here to kill people and break things and if a gay guy is good at killing people and breaking things - give him a uniform and a rifle. But then, I defer to the military guys on this one. You know better than I.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I suppose if there were gay men that I served with and didn't know, we had not problems, but I will say the 2 that were openly and obviously gay were a disgrace, and not for the fact that they were gay. Neither of the two could carry their weight on a march nor be trusted with some simple tasks.
    I knew a lot of great soldiers who were gay and always had to fear repercussions in the back of their minds.

These two comments made a connection - maybe real, maybe not. But it occurred to me that if the soldiers in question where flaunting their homosexuality, flaming and poncing about and calling their CO "girlfriend," they were probably not too terribly concerned about their careers in the military - perhaps were intentionally trying to get discharged. The ones who were serious about being soldiers would tend to keep it quiet.

That's one of the side effects of banning anything. The only people who openly violate the ban are those who don't care about the consequences. This is bound to create a distorted impression of the people engaged in the banned activity, because the majority are probably keeping it under wraps.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I am a Christian and I have just as much respect for the Muslims, the Jewish, the bigamist and polygamist soldiers who gave their lives as I do the Christian soldiers. I think this was legislation that needed to happen. The army is here to kill people and break things and if a gay guy is good at killing people and breaking things - give him a uniform and a rifle. But then, I defer to the military guys on this one. You know better than I.
    :yesway:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I have posted this before, but I'm going to post it again. Not everybody is allowed to join the military. You don't have a "right" to be in the military. The military "discriminates" in a lot of areas. If you are too fat, they don't let you in. If you can't keep your weight within the guidelines, they discharge you. If you're too old, you don't get in. If you don't meet the educational requirements, you don't get in. If you can't meet the physical fitness standards, you don't get in. If you have certain chronic illnesses, you don't get in. There are a whole host of things that will prevent you from being allowed in the military. I see homosexuality as just another of the things that bar you from entry in the military. Now that homosexuality is allowed, are we going to have overweight people crying that they are being discriminated against? What about those that can't meet the PT requirements? This may very well be a slippery slope. Once again, THE MILITARY IS NOT THE PLACE FOR SOCIAL EXPERIMENTS!!!!

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I have posted this before, but I'm going to post it again. Not everybody is allowed to join the military. You don't have a "right" to be in the military. The military "discriminates" in a lot of areas. If you are too fat, they don't let you in. If you can't keep your weight within the guidelines, they discharge you. If you're too old, you don't get in. If you don't meet the educational requirements, you don't get in. If you can't meet the physical fitness standards, you don't get in. If you have certain chronic illnesses, you don't get in. There are a whole host of things that will prevent you from being allowed in the military. I see homosexuality as just another of the things that bar you from entry in the military. Now that homosexuality is allowed, are we going to have overweight people crying that they are being discriminated against? What about those that can't meet the PT requirements? This may very well be a slippery slope. Once again, THE MILITARY IS NOT THE PLACE FOR SOCIAL EXPERIMENTS!!!!
    4302869731_32132c320a.jpg

Anyway, if they can't perform their duties then they're still not going to be allowed in. Your argument holds no water.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    4302869731_32132c320a.jpg

Anyway, if they can't perform their duties then they're still not going to be allowed in. Your argument holds no water.

Oh really? My argument holds no water? Then why was homosexuality a bar to military service before now? Why, all of a sudden, does a person's sexual preference become such a big issue? Could it be because the homosexual lobby is pushing this issue as another step in forcing people to accept their behavior as normal? Once again, THE MILITARY IS NOT THE PLACE FOR SOCIAL EXPERIMENTS!!!!(Oh, wait a minute, I used all caps again. Does this mean I get to see another little cutsie picture?)

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Oh really? My argument holds no water? Then why was homosexuality a bar to military service before now? Why, all of a sudden, does a person's sexual preference become such a big issue? Could it be because the homosexual lobby is pushing this issue as another step in forcing people to accept their behavior as normal? Once again, THE MILITARY IS NOT THE PLACE FOR SOCIAL EXPERIMENTS!!!!(Oh, wait a minute, I used all caps again. Does this mean I get to see another little cutsie picture?)
    Lol thats like saying that black people shouldn't have been able to vote because before they were treated equally, there wasn't ever a problem with them not voting.

You're right, those homosexual lobbyists have control over everything. :rolleyes:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I served during the Clinton years:( and this was the general consensus from those I served with at the time:
    The Ballad Of Clinton's Queen Berets
    ------------------------------------
    Falling Fairies from the sky,
    O broke a nail, Oh I could cry.
    Don't you like how my tushy sways?
    We are the fags of the Queen Berets.

Bill Clinton's words upon my ears,
    "You Guys have rights, be proud you're Queers."
    I once was scared, now I'm okay,
    Cause I'm a Fag in the QUEEN BERETS.

Put silver earclips on my nuts,
    I love the pain, now spank my butt.
    The way you walk is awfully cute.
    I sure would LOVE to pack your chute.

This Army stuff is awfully slick,
    Free meals and clothes, and lots of dicks.
    When I retire, I'll still get paid.
    I thank you Bill, from the Queen Berets.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Lol thats like saying that black people shouldn't have been able to vote because before they were treated equally, there wasn't ever a problem with them not voting.

You're right, those homosexual lobbyists have control over everything. :rolleyes:

Here we go, comparing blacks to gays again. I believe this has been explained before, though. Being black is a matter of genetics. Being gay is a matter of choice or preference. Big difference.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here we go, comparing blacks to gays again. I believe this has been explained before, though. Being black is a matter of genetics. Being gay is a matter of choice or preference. Big difference.

And I have heard from more than one African-American that they find the comparison offensive and racist. It appears that for the people pushing this agenda that that is of no consequence.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    And I have heard from more than one African-American that they find the comparison offensive and racist. It appears that for the people pushing this agenda that that is of no consequence.
    you can't stop being black or female (well ok you can but I'm sure it hurts) You can however choose to not engage in homosexual behavior. You can't choose what you are attracted to, but you do choose what you do about it. And when someone says "but they deserve to be happy" sorry, but being happy wasn't in the contract I signed. No one goes out of their way to make me happy when I'm on duty.

As always, I go back to "Shut up and do your job" we don't need another special interest group. I'd rather change it to everyone keep your personal life personal than the current trend.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You don't think they want to share their victim status do you?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom