Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The country is better off because he got elected rather than Clinton. Was he my primary pick? Absolutely not. Not even close, but I'll take him and all the SCJ's he can get in there.

Yeah but it things like what he said about NK with regards to "Fire and Fury" and the likes of things we've never seen before that should make you take a pause. That is if you have any concern for our troops or others such as our allies in that region. Sometimes an irrational iodiot even if your looking for change or something better is going to be better because he's an irrational dangerous idiot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I used it to illustrate the absurdity of the rhetoric surrounding Trump, in this case the religious-like devotion on display by some of his followers. I don't care who created the image, or for what reason. I used it because it was exactly the imagery I wanted to make my point.

As I've written in two posts prior to this one: do a google image search for "Trump Jesus"...this image is just one of hundreds returned from a simple search.

Along the same lines search for "Trump Messiah". Thousands of results. Unsurprisingly many are critical articals from secular sources, but there are far too many "Christian" results to ignore.

What was your opinion of the crease of Obama's pants, any tingles?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do agree that a significant portion of Trump supporters have what appears to be a cult-like following. I posted about that all through the primaries. I don't really think "Trump Jesus" represents how they view Trump at all. It's really nothing like a religious belief. It's more like they believe they finally have someone in the White House who gets it and knows how to get what they want done. Someone who will run the country like they think it should be run. They're not going to give up on that belief easily. In other words they don't view Trump as a Messiah as much as they view him as one of them. And probably the only way they'll give up on that belief other than prying it from their cold, dead hands, is if Trump betrays them in a fundamental way. Like if he fellates Mexicans at the boarder as they swarm in after he tears down what walls exist, that'd probably lose a good number of devotees.

That's an intriguing synthesis of a complex calculation, jamil. I would add that the more Trump has to wade through hostile fire from all quarters, even other 'Republicans', the less room supporters such as myself feel to criticize his actions without feeling like we've joined the howling mob. Please consider that whenever you muse upon why Trump's supporters are so reluctant to criticize him; any possible criticism we might have has been made, distorted and then amplified a thousand-fold. We don't feel the need to join the chorus, and frankly the desire of some to have us do so seems more like counting coup than honest debate

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    What was your opinion of the crease of Obama's pants, any tingles?

Yes, yes

Now that's the grown up talk that's been missing all along right there.

Wait, wait, outrage where?, Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it....................................................

No really you just keep waiting.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah

And you know what else is funny?

The more I talk the further Trumps numbers go down.

Now either I'm one BAD A** you know what, or Trump is actually an incompetent Dumb A** Sh** Head that I thought he was.

Ruh Ro!

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a
    ˌmeɡələˈmānēə/Submit
    noun
    obsession with the exercise of power, especially in the domination of others.
    synonyms: delusions of grandeur, folie de grandeur, thirst/lust for power; More
    delusion about one's own power or importance (typically as a symptom of manic or paranoid disorder).

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Gorisch, illegal immigration down 75%, crack down on illegals and actually enforcing the laws on the books. Gotten rid of around $85 BILLION in regulations that have hurt business for years. 11,000 federal employees being laid off.....the list of great things goes on and on BUT....

Maybe the greatest part is that he has exposed the entire federal gov't (minus maybe a few good guys like cruz and rand) as being corrupt and against the people. He's called out and exposed republicans that have lied over and over and he calls them out on twitter....which the MSM then reports on! He has exposed the head of the FBI as a liar and a leaker, he's exposed so much corruption and finally we have a leader that calls out the media for being FAKE AND LIARS which they are. This is by far the greatest president in my lifetime for just the few things mentioned above. Oh yeah, and we dont have a Democrat packing the courts and trying to take away guns and health care. He's not a politician, hes an egotistical sucessful businessman that doesnt put up with other people trashing him. Bout time we had a non politician leading the country

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Ruh Ro!

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a
    ˌmeɡələˈmānēə/Submit
    noun
    obsession with the exercise of power, especially in the domination of others.
    synonyms: delusions of grandeur, folie de grandeur, thirst/lust for power; More
    delusion about one's own power or importance (typically as a symptom of manic or paranoid disorder).

So you really think it's because of little old me? LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Gorisch, illegal immigration down 75%, crack down on illegals and actually enforcing the laws on the books. Gotten rid of around $85 BILLION in regulations that have hurt business for years. 11,000 federal employees being laid off.....the list of great things goes on and on BUT....

Maybe the greatest part is that he has exposed the entire federal gov't (minus maybe a few good guys like cruz and rand) as being corrupt and against the people. He's called out and exposed republicans that have lied over and over and he calls them out on twitter....which the MSM then reports on! He has exposed the head of the FBI as a liar and a leaker, he's exposed so much corruption and finally we have a leader that calls out the media for being FAKE AND LIARS which they are. This is by far the greatest president in my lifetime for just the few things mentioned above. Oh yeah, and we dont have a Democrat packing the courts and trying to take away guns and health care. He's not a politician, hes an egotistical sucessful businessman that doesnt put up with other people trashing him. Bout time we had a non politician leading the country

So was he able to get the boogeyman in your closet as well?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

:yesway: :yesway:

View attachment 58054

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom