Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I disagree.

If Trump has lost, both houses of congress would still be held by Republicans. I bet, this far into a HRC presidency, we'd all be occupied with the media circus surrounding her Supreme Court pick, and the following never-ending confirmation hearings.

If Trump would have lost, so would have all the Republicans he drug across the line with him. On top of that, our turncoat RINO's in congress won't even let bills they once voted for pass now. They'd be happy to cave for the first woman POTUS.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I am not a Trump fan. I don't salute any sob anymore. I also don't go off on any fng without giving them a chance. I gave Obama a chance. I'm giving Trump a chance. Hell, I even gave you a chance. So far.... two out of 3 have let me down.
    I never berated Obama until he started doing things that were detrimental to me and mine.
    He WAS the POTUS and even though I didn't care for him at all he still deserves the respect of the office.

No, that's the glory of living in this country. I don't have to respect him. I can respect my country and that office without doing that. I live here I have certain freedoms I am blessed to enjoy. I served my country so others like me could do the same.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's just a certain portion of the population that has this trance-like blind faith. I really don't understand it completely.

It was the same with Barry. So people really think that they are victims of the system, and see "their guy," as the one to fix it.
    ...ignoring that their guy, has way more in common with the system, than with themselves.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    There's just a certain portion of the population that has this trance-like blind faith. I really don't understand it completely.

Your not the only one. No can you admit you might have been wrong with that comment? You might be right, but from what I've seen here I think it very possible there are at least a few here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your not the only one. No can you admit you might have been wrong with that comment? You might be right, but from what I've seen here I think it very possible there are at least a few here.

What that he's trolling you? Have you read the title below my name?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If Trump would have lost, so would have all the Republicans he drug across the line with him. On top of that, our turncoat RINO's in congress won't even let bills they once voted for pass now. They'd be happy to cave for the first woman POTUS.

Burl, that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Many voters, myself included, voted (r) downticket in an attempt to minimize the impact a new president would have. For voters like me, that included Trump, should he be elected.

Republicans won't even work with Trump to pass legislation they campaigned on, and all claim they want...why on earth do you think they would work any harder to pass HRC's agenda?

That just doesn't pass the sniff test.

blunt force

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2017
    ne
    My wife is obsessed with CNN and Trump, she doesnt understand how I can be so unconcerned. I told her that we had the two least popular candidates in history. For the majority of Americans, whoever won was going to be almost as attractive as oozing zits on a cellulite filled arse. She no longer fills me in on the CNN sideshow, thats a plus.

I told her I am going to continue to wake up and go about my day.Now I am done in this thread, as I despise politics.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Indy, I understand your point, and I think it has merit.

I used that term deliberately. There are people out there comparing Trump literally to Jesus.

trumpjes.jpg

This is ridiculous, it should be ridiculed...not least by Christians themselves. This imagery exists because "Christians" spread it.

I take your critique seriously. The title stands. I hope this doesn't drive a wedge between us.

I must raise the possibility of a cheap shot Paul. I did an image search, and the only link I can find to that exact image is:

Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters: Religious right hoping to make 'nuclear' religious freedom bill into law under their 'Trump Jesus'

and in the About Me of the site:
    Alvin McEwen is 46-year-old African-American gay man who resides in Columbia, SC.

Now I know that doesn't preclude you from thinking he might be a Christian, but it does make it less likely. I'm not actually calling cheap shot because I actually found the image in a blogpost of his dated 18 Nov 2016 and any trail from there to an ultimate source for the image is too cold to trace. Maybe he created the image himself but I also consider that unlikely. I just think it quite unlikely any true Christian wouldn't find the image blasphemous and certainly wouldn't create it, so asserting that
    "This imagery exists because "Christians" spread it." ​is unsupported by fact

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So, a number of media outlets are reporting that, as trump leaves for two-plus weeks of a "working vacation", that Trump has taken over 50 days off since his election, versus fewer than 20 days by this point in Obama's term. Also, I'm seeing reports that Trump has spent more on personal travel in the first half of his first year than Obama did in the entirety of his presidency.

We all heard the constant "golfer in chief" comments the last year or so that Obama was in office.

...where is the great outrage from conservatives now? Why aren't they interested in holding Trump to the same standard they demanded for obama?

So basicly he's taken off every weekend. Do bankers work 7 days a week? Other office workers? Why does the president have to work every weekend then? I don't expect him to be in the Whitehouse everyday. This is 2017 and the president is working every day whether he is at the Whitehouse or not. People think if the president is on a vacation he isn't working or something?
    The difference between Obama and Trump is that Obama is a piece of **** and a zero as a leader.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It was the same with Barry. So people really think that they are victims of the system, and see "their guy," as the one to fix it.
    ...ignoring that their guy, has way more in common with the system, than with themselves.

The difference is one was I think intentionally destroying America and the reason,a lot of people likes him is that he wanted everyone with a job to pay the way for the people who didnt. Anyone who was a criminal and a slacker and a bum loved Obama too.
    Is it any surprise our markets and economy are thriving under Trump? Soon people will reap rewards for their hard work that,was impossible under king Obama.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I must raise the possibility of a cheap shot Paul. I did an image search, and the only link I can find to that exact image is:

Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters: Religious right hoping to make 'nuclear' religious freedom bill into law under their 'Trump Jesus'

and in the About Me of the site:

Now I know that doesn't preclude you from thinking he might be a Christian, but it does make it less likely. I'm not actually calling cheap shot because I actually found the image in a blogpost of his dated 18 Nov 2016 and any trail from there to an ultimate source for the image is too cold to trace. Maybe he created the image himself but I also consider that unlikely. I just think it quite unlikely any true Christian wouldn't find the image blasphemous and certainly wouldn't create it, so asserting that
    "This imagery exists because "Christians" spread it." ​is unsupported by fact

Right, so re-read post #47 where I already addressed this.

Here's a link to a google image search for "Trump Jesus":

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tru...vMzVAhUM7IMKHS3-B5IQ_AUICigB&biw=1664&bih=903

The odds are diminishingly small that liberals or atheists spent the time and effort to create and distribute all of these.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Right, so re-read post #47 where I already addressed this.

Here's a link to a google image search for "Trump Jesus":

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tru...vMzVAhUM7IMKHS3-B5IQ_AUICigB&biw=1664&bih=903

The odds are diminishingly small that liberals or atheists spent the time and effort to create and distribute all of these.

I'm still trying to figure out how being a 46 year old gay African American makes it less likely that the creator was Christian. I can only assume that anyone who believes that, has never been to a black church with a choir director.... seriously, and I have no reason why this is, given how homophobic black churches tend to be, but a lot of choir directors in black churches tend to be a little light in the loafers.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That IS your opinion, Paul. You are welcome to express it.

Something that I have been mulling over is the term someone used to describe their feelings, offended. If you look at the listed synomyms for offended I am sure you can pick out one or two that describe you at some time or another.

synonyms:annoyance, anger, resentment, indignation, irritation, exasperation, wrath, displeasure, hard/bad/ill feelings, disgruntlement, pique, vexation, animosity, antipathyMore

I have seen a certain Member who is an officer who has stated that said he has never been offended, who as I recall takes great umbrage when he perceives one to be cop bashing. He quoted someone's sig line Offense is never given but taken, or something like that. That is also someone's opinion.

I would like to state that I find the title objectionable. You as a self proclaimed athiest feel it is OK and as long as the mods do not infract you you can do it. The term Messiah is specific to 1 person whom you do noe accept so it is your supposed right to disparage Him by using it to describe a mere man.

If someone had titled a thread "Barack Obama, Great Man? N*****? Discuss..." They woyld have been infracted and possibly perma banned, because the word N***** is OFFENSIVE.

I feel the possibility of an infraction here, but I am not smart enough to explain it in a more kind and gentle way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A passion for music can make a man seem a little queer. (meaning odd) I have known more than one choir director (although white in my case) who made me slightly uncomfortable.

I'm still trying to figure out how being a 46 year old gay African American makes it less likely that the creator was Christian. I can only assume that anyone who believes that, has never been to a black church with a choir director.... seriously, and I have no reason why this is, given how homophobic black churches tend to be, but a lot of choir directors in black churches tend to be a little light in the loafers.

It would be the title of his post that would make wary of his Christianity.

I have led many folk to saving knowlege of Christ. Some have far surpassed me in their service to Christ, some, if I did not know their testimony of salvation I would question. I know that one person one led to christ was a sodomite and although he understood that his lifestyle was nor pleasing to God was unwilling to give up the love he felt for his partner. Let's not discuss your thoughts of whether he was actually saved or not.

Any one can be saved by the blood of Jesua Christ irrespective of their lot in life. The term Christian does not apply to all saved persons, but those who after salvation make the effort to know and obey God's word. The term was used as a slur against believers in Antioc, because some were trying so hard to be Christlike that the were offensive to some. It actually means little Christs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, who made the Trump Jesus picture? That's what we're discussing?

Huh. Well, lemmeesee here. If it's a Christian who made it/spread it, it's probably a pretty progressive one because anyone else would find it blasphemous to make that picture, let alone distribute it. But progressive Christians are less rare these days so easily could have been one of those.

Could easily be an atheist, because it's not at all hard to find atheists willing to mock Christians' object of worship. (Have you ever seen the "Answer me Jesus" version of the magic 8-ball?) So, really could be either.

I personally think that puts this in the who-gives-a-flying-**** category. Of course it may be of value to discuss why this image found its way in a thread on a forum which most certainly has many conservative Christians. So what was the point of that?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom