Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Well if Obama's final total for eight years was 100 million and Trump is already at 57 million plus for golf then at this rate Trump easily surpasses Obamas eight years at the beginning of his second year. So if this is true it's even higher than what I assumed to begin with. Giving up his salary was chump change compared to his vacation costs and I'm pretty confident the money he's making from his properties as a result of him being President more than likely makes his salary that he gave up look like chump change as well.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    And he was picked by the left, not the right. Sure, I voted for him in the general, but I would have voted for Putin over Hillary. At least he is a reformed communist.

And not even black. Raised by communist white grandparents and.birthed to a white mother who happened to be a whore for real. Had a black daddy sperm donor is the only black that was in him until he wanted or needed to use color to his advantage to get freebies and skate by as a youth and as a community organizer and then senator and then president. It still blows my mind that people didn't care he had no,leadership qualities at all or experience to lead anything. I won't even go into everytthig else. The only thing I'll give him credit for is his charm and education. He wouldn't have got that in Kenya so I still don't know why he hated America so much when he was handed everything.
    Nothing I said above is racist it's facts so don't even try to pull the "racist" card on me.
    Obama was and always will be the first great imposter. False hope for people who wanted to believe but he **** on them for 8 years.
    Trump has opened more opportunities to blacks than Obama did. I didn't say GAVE because no one should be given anything. They should earn it.
    Obama is and always be whatever the highest bidder wants him to be

Wow!!

Just Wow!!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    To hear them talk the only thing they are missing is the koolaid and matching sneakers.

I don't wear sneakers. well I do, but only when doing chores or physical activities. Really like nice leather shoes, you know old school. Cool Aid no, Pepsi yes.

Well I guess I'm not one of these then.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What is the conservative love affair with politicians with poor public speaking abilities? Did you guys use up all your charisma points when assigning stats to Reagan?

Seriously. BushII got rattled easily when addressing a crowd, read poorly in real-time, and couldn't (or wouldn't) pronounce the word "nuclear" correctly. Bush was no dummy, so I oftentimes wonder how much of that was an act. Whatever. People ate that crap up. One of the reasons I voted for Obama on 08 was his public speaking ability. For all his (many) flaws, 44 was a top-tier public speaker.

Trump. You guys know I think he is a person of poor character. I don't think he's an idiot, but I don't think he's any further right on the intellectual bell curve than the average INGOer. His public speaking habits are simply appalling. He speaks at a seventh-grade level, in form and in content. He does not articulate complex ideas well, and it makes me question his ability to thoroughly engage complex situations. I don't get the feeling it is an act, since he been recorded speaking this way his entire adult life.

I honestly question how well equipped he is, mentally and emotionally, to respond to crisis situations in real time. I don't get the impression he spends much time thinking about the direct consequences of his actions, much less the possible unintended outcomes. I fear what actions a clever and powerful opponent (like Putin) might be able to goad Trump into taking. These thoughts get reinforced when I hear Trump speak.

Someone should build an app that counts the number of times Trump says "very", maybe make some kind of drinking game out of it. I know it's too much to ask for the president learn to use descriptive adjectives.

Conservatives don't tend to be all that charismatic so I think there are fewer of them to choose from. The people who tend to be conservative just don't generally have that trait. But, c'mon. I don't think Bush's IQ was stellar, but he had the capacity to get there. I'm not a big fan of Bush, but I'm not going to bash him for stuff that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if his Texas drawl won't let him say "nuclear" the way we like to hear it. I mean, that's just petty.

I agree that Obama's speaking ability is exceptional, but I had the sense not to vote for him. The best speakers don't always make the best leaders. Neither do wolves in sheep's clothing. Speaking ability helps in a close choice, but in '08, it wasn't close at all. Even further in '12 after we figured out what Obama was all about.

So for all his great speaking skilz, what did Obama accomplish? Well, he talked an awful lot of people into pushing half this country so far left that it's tearing us apart. He's not all the reason but he certainly contributed not insignificantly. He also skillfully convinced more and more people to depend on bigger and bigger government. And he even managed to convince more people than ever before that that's a good thing. In a way I'd like my leaders to do more than say.

I agree that Trump is a person of low character--to my standards. I think he's not a very deep thinker. I'm also concerned that smarter leaders may take advantage of him. And I also don't regret voting for him. The alternative was just that bad.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Conservatives don't tend to be all that charismatic so I think there are fewer of them to choose from. The people who tend to be conservative just don't generally have that trait. But, c'mon. I don't think Bush's IQ was stellar, but he had the capacity to get there. I'm not a big fan of Bush, but I'm not going to bash him for stuff that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if his Texas drawl won't let him say "nuclear" the way we like to hear it. I mean, that's just petty.

I agree that Obama's speaking ability is exceptional, but I had the sense not to vote for him. The best speakers don't always make the best leaders. Neither do wolves in sheep's clothing. Speaking ability helps in a close choice, but in '08, it wasn't close at all. Even further in '12 after we figured out what Obama was all about.

So for all his great speaking skilz, what did Obama accomplish? Well, he talked an awful lot of people into pushing half this country so far left that it's tearing us apart. He's not all the reason but he certainly contributed not insignificantly. He also skillfully convinced more and more people to depend on bigger and bigger government. And he even managed to convince more people than ever before that that's a good thing. In a way I'd like my leaders to do more than say.

I agree that Trump is a person of low character--to my standards. I think he's not a very deep thinker. I'm also concerned that smarter leaders may take advantage of him. And I also don't regret voting for him. The alternative was just that bad.

Bush II was a known drinker partier in his youth. Frankly I think that showed a bit by the time he became President. By that I mean I think he wasn't as studious as what he could have been and it showed.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The masses see the man as the liberal media chooses to portray them.

The liberal media picks the republican candidate in the primary that they think they can beat in the general. They chose McCain, they chose Romney, and they chose Trump. I don't know a single conservative that says, "Trump was my guy", from the beginning. He won the primary, because he got ALL the press. We had 16 people running for the Republican nomination. Who was put on the tv and the front page every day? It wasn't Ted Cruz. Most of America couldn't pick Ted Cruz out of a lineup. Could you, INGO?

Honestly, the crying, the gnashing of teeth by the left, and our own INGO leftist calling him an idiot and a habitual liar in EVERY post, puts a giant smile on my face. Every insult that they hurl at this man, they are choking on there own stupidity and arrogance.

LOL

How could I possibly pass up on your last paragraph. How exactly, I mean, well, how is anybody who recognizes that Trump is a habitual liar stupid? Please you just have to explain this one.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    LOL

How could I possibly pass up on your last paragraph. How exactly, I mean, well, how is anybody who recognizes that Trump is a habitual liar stupid? Please you just have to explain this one.

Because if he's doing what the liberal left hates then he's doing what we LOVE and the right thing for America.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Because if he's doing what the liberal left hates then he's doing what we LOVE and the right thing for America.

Now there's a great reason. If he hating on the liberal left no matter if it makes no sense and it's not good for America but because it's hating on the left it's good. Gotta Luv Trump Logic. LOL

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know. Obama.

I disagree, to a point at least. Obama was a sign of the times, a product...not the cause. I think he was emblematic of the greater culture in many ways: over-educated, under-experienced, cocky for no good reason, but a tremendous "personality". I think he reflected the changing social landscape, he did not change it. What did change it?

I think the greatest single influence was the widespread social adoption of the Internet as a social media platform. Everyone had access to subculture in an unprecedented way, and many more people chose to engage in some type of subculture than participate in the larger "American Culture". The internet allows like-minded people to form relatively large groups, and exclude non-conforming views. With an infinite number of potential "accepting" cultures at their fingertips, I think fewer and fewer people are choosing to "identify" (I loathe that term) as American in favor of some identity (read: ego) driven subgroup.

And now we are stripping back the top layers and looking into this issue. The culmination of the Dr. Spock parenting participation trophy giving self esteem for no reason other than to feel good situation that the PC mindset has put upon us.
    I do believe the "O" was a product of sorts but he also was the instrument of the divide we are now living with. The "Us" versus "Them" mentality that seems to be the norm now.
    This along with an agenda driven media.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that's why we're so divided. Identity politics just pushes people into their "tribe". And there's now an "identitarian" movement on the right which is growing, much in response to the progressive's identity politics. This is just going to divide everyone further to the point where no one can talk to each other.

In this Identity thing I see the merit. Yes, we have been separated, labeled and parceled out into groups. In all of this insanity I have stepped outside the swirling mass of crap and just started watching. And yes this is a side show quality play.
    The constitution seems to have been long forgotten in all of this. The bill of rights is so mis-used/quoted and used as a hammer in all the wrong ways. We have lost our direction.
    I do believe this is the end result of people like "O" and his puppeteers in steering us into a European model.
    The Republicans are no better. They are just not as good as the left/progressives at driving the wedge between us and the very documents that got this whole thing
    rolling.

I trust none of them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL

In all of this I do not believe 10% of anything that falls out of any POTUS mouth anymore. "O" was the consummate liar with a complicit media to cushion the blows of his inept actions.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    In all of this I do not believe 10% of anything that falls out of any POTUS mouth anymore. "O" was the consummate liar with a complicit media to cushion the blows of his inept actions.

Ok and that's your take, but that's not remotely what the OP said. Sounds like he thinks people are stupid for thinking he's a liar.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is it too much to ask for someone who could act like, I don't know a reasonable adult instead of a juvenile little brat?

Can you explain how at this point in time, or for that matter how the last election could have achieved a result that you would be happy with.

Prove me wrong when I say you most like won't read, comprehend or directly reply to my query.

I had to take you off ignore to see if you answered my question. I see that you have no solution to "your" problem and have nothing to contribute, so...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok and that's your take, but that's not remotely what the OP said. Sounds like he thinks people are stupid for thinking he's a liar.

I did not read that into this but in all fairness I will go and read it again.

They all lie. It comes with the job description. "O" was the king of this he just did not get called out like Trump because he was the medias guy.
    Bush was not as bad but yes, he to stretched the truth.
    Clinton.....Ha.....nuff said.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I did not read that into this but in all fairness I will go and read it again.

They all lie. It comes with the job description. "O" was the king of this he just did not get called out like Trump because he was the medias guy.
    Bush was not as bad but yes, he to stretched the truth.
    Clinton.....Ha.....nuff said.

Well that's why I attempted to ask the OP forclarification, because to be honest I wasn't sure where exactly he was coming from.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well that's why I attempted to ask the OP forclarification, because to be honest I wasn't sure where exactly he was coming from.

Well lets just go and see....
    I jumped in here as I truly am no longer affiliated with any party group so to speak and in that I am trying to look at all of this with no "Party" influences. It is like shaking off a bad hangover.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well lets just go and see....
    I jumped in here as I truly am no longer affiliated with any party group so to speak and in that I am trying to look at all of this with no "Party" influences. It is like shaking off a bad hangover.

Well even though I don't like Trump neither am I.

Top Bottom