Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

• Total voters

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Which is why I think you were trolling on SavageEagle's other thread on having an OC rally, and you were encouraging them to walk from the 1500 to downtown.
    What you think? Or what you know? Allow me to clue you in. You don't know squat about me. :rolleyes:

What I stated in the other thread was that if you want to maximize your exposure...tie the peaceful walk in with the 1500. You will have gun owners from all over the state in one central location. There will be lots of folks here for the 1500 that probably will not make it another time. It's difficult to drive 200 or 300 miles. Making a second trip in 2 or 3 weeks just won't work for a lot of folks. Top that with taking the march past every TV station in the city.

You could not ask for a better backdrop...IMO. And I was not the only one that felt that way. Several others agreed. 4sarge was one of them...was he trolling as well? Is it short notice? Yep? Could it be done...sure it could.

So rub your crystal ball and let me know what else the little triangle at the bottom tells you about me.

As I stated...and I've stated it openly several times. OC is not for me. I do it for work. When I'm out and about on my time I CC. If OC works for you...great. We simply do not share the same ideas about it. I really do not think that makes me a traitor, a gun-grabber or a communist. Do I want to see you lose the ability to OC? No...because CC would be next on someone's agenda.

Those comments are what alienates you. Who wants to express their opinions when all that happens is they are attacked and ridiculed for their beliefs. :twocents:

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    smileyvault-stirthepot.gif
    :): That is too cool. Thanks BE!! :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't fool yourselves people, as Fenway already knows, this site is monitored by anti-gun groups and the government. It is not out of the realm of possibility that a few anti-gun people have registered and perhaps voted on this matter.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. It is a public forum and anyone who registers can vote.

There are more than a few Fudds on this site who think we should only have the rights THEY want to let us have. No doubt, some of those 6 votes are from people folks here think are gun supporters.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    There are more than a few Fudds on this site who think we should only have the rights THEY want to let us have. No doubt, some of those 6 votes are from people folks here think are gun supporters.
    And there are some who merely have a different opinion. Engage in meaningful dialogue with them. Present your argument in a professional way. Attempt to sway their opinion by winning their minds. "Hey you...if you don't think the way I do you're a gun-grabbing, communist traitor" really is not the way to go about it....IMO.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    And there are some who merely have a different opinion. Engage in meaningful dialogue with them. Present your argument in a professional way. Attempt to sway their opinion by winning their minds. "Hey you...if you don't think the way I do you're a gun-grabbing, communist traitor" really is not the way to go about it....IMO.

Pretending they are our friends and allies does us no favors, as a couple decades of our rights being destroyed with their "civilized" compromise and acquiescence shows. There is no point in treating them as gun supporters, it merely lends credence to their anti-gun views in the eyes of the general public.

Treating them as our equals proved itself to be a failure. What has worked in confronting them and the Brady Bunch has been just that: flat out confrontation. There is an ongoing full scale assault on our rights, not just 2A rights but all of them. Coddling the Benedict Arnolds just sets us on a path to defeat.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Um, is there a reason why this is directed at the folk who support OC and not at, say, folk who criticize the manhood of folk who OC, folk who claim that those who OC are "looking for a confrontation" or are "trying to start trouble" or have self-confidence issues, or are the equivalent of someone going up and deliberately blowing smoke in someone's face?

I think if you'll look, it's not the folk who are advocates of OC that are rude and condescending to folk who make a choice otherwise. You say you prefer CC. I'm cool with that and, in fact, I suspect everyone on the OC side is. There are arguments in favor of more people OCing that I would hope you would give serious consideration, but deciding whether OC or CC is right for you is your choice and I would be the last to gainsay it.

But for those on the CC only side who are vocal in their criticism of people who OC, well, you can't sow thistles and expect to reap barley and hops.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Um, is there a reason why this is directed at the folk who support OC and not at, say, folk who criticize the manhood of folk who OC...?
    Oh no...it works both ways.

I think if you'll look, it's not the folk who are advocates of OC that are rude and condescending to folk who make a choice otherwise.
    And this works both ways as well. While I think there are a few that do it for the wrong reasons...I support those that do it for the right ones.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    :alcoholic:Wow, the reasons i left that area and moved down south

Also Classy Chassy isnt too far from that area.:banana:

Top Bottom