Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

• Total voters

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    If its peaceful, what's the problem? The only people that should be worrying about a peaceful, armed protest are the people that can't peacefully protest in the first place. It has nothing to do with the firearms.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    To those who would ban Open Carry

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those folks to fess up. I'm sure they express their disdain for OC on similar threads, but might not use the word BAN so their internet friends will continue to take them seriously.

All I can say to you fair-weather friends of the 2nd Amendment, you are a embarrassment, to say the least. Banning OC would open a pandora's box for gun owners. With OC banned, any honest CC'er whose jacket flaps up in the wind could go to jail if some scared sheep calls the cops on him, because suddenly if someone sees his weapon, his CC is blown. Constant harassment of gunowners in general would develop. It would be like living in Illinois. Where are your papers, comrade?

You OC-banners possess the same mentality as the gun-grabbers in Washington do. You may claim to be pro-2A, and may think that you support gun-rights. But isn't it telling that all other gun-rights supporters consider you part of the problem, not the solution.

What part of the constitution does it say we can exercise our God-given unalienable rights, but only if nobody sees us doing it?

With friends like you, who needs enemies? Thanks traitors. :noway:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I'm trying to figure out how open carry hurts our cause anymore than what has transpired while our fathers politely hid their guns. From the Jim Crow laws passed in the south to disarm the newly freed slaves, through the infamous Sullivan Act, the GCA of 1934 and the GCA 0f 1968 up to today, we have hidden our arms like junkies hiding their works. I've heard the argument that when we show our guns, we "scare" the grabbers so we need to cater to their sensitivities or they will take more of our rights away.,
    Be damned to their sensitivities! They are going to do everything in their power to rob us of our rights, regardless of whether we carry open, concealed, or not at all! Now is the time to be open about who we are and what we stand for and let them worry about our sensitivities for a change!:soapbox:

I came from our communist state to the west so deep concealment in violation of the law was the only option that was available.

It took me exactly one thread to become a potential OC believer.

I will never be on OC only guy but I will no longer worry if it just gets too uncomfortable for my over shirt or jacket. No longer will I be forced to wear a jacket out of concealment necessity.

Now I know it is my legal right in this state because before coming here my local LEO lied to me about my rights with my LTCH.

:ingo::patriot::twocents:

bselzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    absolutely, i think that small town in georgia should be the poster child for every large city in U.S.A. if you are a law abiding citizen and have not been convicted of a felony, it should be your right to open carry a firearm. how many people are going to rob a bank with ten citizens standing in line with a firearm at their side?

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Just saw this thread. Cant believe there are actually people on here that want to ban open carrying. Now id rather cc than oc, but it's our right to do what we want. Why **** away the little rights we still have?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    absolutely, i think that small town in georgia should be the poster child for every large city in U.S.A. if you are a law abiding citizen and have not been convicted of a felony, it should be your right to open carry a firearm. how many people are going to rob a bank with ten citizens standing in line with a firearm at their side?
    Why should a felony disqualify anyone from exercising their rights? Do you have any idea how many victimless, non-violent crimes are classed as felonies these days? Should a tax protester have their right to self defence stripped from them? A 16 year old boy with a 15 year old girlfriend? Felons do not lose their 1st Amendment rights, nor their 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. Why should they lose their right to self defence?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those folks to fess up. I'm sure they express their disdain for OC on similar threads, but might not use the word BAN so their internet friends will continue to take them seriously.

All I can say to you fair-weather friends of the 2nd Amendment, you are a embarrassment, to say the least. Banning OC would open a pandora's box for gun owners. With OC banned, any honest CC'er whose jacket flaps up in the wind could go to jail if some scared sheep calls the cops on him, because suddenly if someone sees his weapon, his CC is blown. Constant harassment of gunowners in general would develop. It would be like living in Illinois. Where are your papers, comrade?

You OC-banners possess the same mentality as the gun-grabbers in Washington do. You may claim to be pro-2A, and may think that you support gun-rights. But isn't it telling that all other gun-rights supporters consider you part of the problem, not the solution.

What part of the constitution does it say we can exercise our God-given unalienable rights, but only if nobody sees us doing it?

With friends like you, who needs enemies? Thanks traitors. :noway:
    Actually...it appears to be 6 now. And I can't say for certain...but I'm guessing they voted that way (at least some of them perhaps) to see if they could stir the pot. (we do need a pot stirring emote) And it worked apparently. All it created was lots and lots of :drama:. So if they were looking to get a rise...it worked.

I don't personally care for OC...but if it works for you...go for it. Understand however...that's just my opinion. It's not like I'm going to force my views on the subject on you. It's simply preference. OK...now let me have it for being a "traitor". :):

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I will add that in the future you should probably make your polls so that the results are viewable by the public so you can see who your real friends are...or are not..since "friends" is apparently defined as only those that agree with us.

It's easier to separate the "friends" from the "traitors" that way.

I know lots of people that share my views on certain matters that are not my "friends"...as well as having some "friends" that disagree with me on those same matters.

I try to be a little more open minded than that. I do understand that in life there will be those that disagree with certain views I have. It's part of what makes things interesting. I suppose it's easier to condemn them for their different views and call them traitors, gun-grabbers and insinuate they are communists than it is to hold a rational conversation and attempt to explain your views and understand their rationale.

It's more dramatic the other way. :drama:

Last edited:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I voted...Yes, I look forward to doing the same.

And since my LTCH just came in the mail....It'll happen quicker than I imagined. I don't plan to OC on a regular basis, though I did at first. But I am not against it, in any way, shape or form.

RM

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks. I'm more excited than I've been in a --LONG-- time. WOOT!

Now I just want to go somewhere and carry...just because **I CAN**. lol

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Actually...it appears to be 6 now. And I can't say for certain...but I'm guessing they voted that way (at least some of them perhaps) to see if they could stir the pot. (we do need a pot stirring emote) And it worked apparently. All it created was lots and lots of :drama:. So if they were looking to get a rise...it worked.

I don't personally care for OC...but if it works for you...go for it. Understand however...that's just my opinion. It's not like I'm going to force my views on the subject on you. It's simply preference. OK...now let me have it for being a "traitor". :):

Which is why I think you were trolling on SavageEagle's other thread on having an OC rally, and you were encouraging them to walk from the 1500 to downtown.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Don't fool yourselves people, as Fenway already knows, this site is monitored by anti-gun groups and the government. It is not out of the realm of possibility that a few anti-gun people have registered and perhaps voted on this matter.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. It is a public forum and anyone who registers can vote.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Actually...it appears to be 6 now. And I can't say for certain...but I'm guessing they voted that way (at least some of them perhaps) to see if they could stir the pot. (we do need a pot stirring emote)

smileyvault-stirthepot.gif

Top Bottom