• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    If you are suggesting that I am a racist for asking, then I don't appreciate the insinuation. The post was reported to the staff by several members and, as a moderator, I politely requested the OP to clarify his statement.

Somebody squeezed blood out of a turnip then. How can a post that doesn't even mention race be racist?

Can ghetto people not be white, black, Asian, Hispanic etc...?

By implying that "ghetto" is a racial term, you yourself are insinuating that a ghetto person is more likely to be non white.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The Wal-Mart's I shop at (Scottsburg and Clarksville) have never given me any trouble at all. Scottsburg especially nice. They are hunter friendly.

I would think that it's pretty clear by now that the general, non-gun carrying public is somewhat frightened by weapons (or totally freaked out). Can we not agree that this is not going to change? And it's especially not going to change by trying to force common sense and legal knowledge on those ignorant people. Yes, you're right, they're wrong. But I think we should keep a low profile and keep the people at ease. I know many people scare of spiders and snakes and have never seen any of them happy about me bringing one of those creepers around. Yes, I know about desensitization techniques, but I'm talking in real life. Why not just go undercover (CC) get your S@#t and get out?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...But I think we should keep a low profile and keep the people at ease.

I don't want to keep the people at ease by hiding things from them. Keeping the people at ease is about as far from my mission in life as anything I can think of. I much prefer to disturb people. ;)

...Why not just go undercover (CC) get your S@#t and get out?

I can't think of any reason that would compel me to do so.
    If that's how others like to do it, more power to them. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I read this story this morning then stopped at the same Walmart on my way home today. Incredibly bad customer service.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Somebody squeezed blood out of a turnip then. How can a post that doesn't even mention race be racist?

By implying that "ghetto" is a racial term, you yourself are insinuating that a ghetto person is more likely to be non white.

when I think ghetto, Ali G comes to my mind

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    State law? Was the cashier Donna Baker and the manager Randy?
    Shut up Randy! I swear I'm gonna kick your, oh wait sorry I was having a flashback. :D

I just wanted to try that tula ammo, I have heard it dirty but always fires and it seems to usually be the cheapo stuff at gun show's... I was kind in the try before I buy in bulk mode...

Im supposed to hear back from them at the start of next week. I hope they know how embarassed, and offended I was.

You should call Al and Jessie I bet they will come have a million boolit march in your honor! :popcorn:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Are you seriously attacking me for addressing a post that was reported as offensive by a number of people? I'm a little puzzled by your attitude and your accusations.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Look all of you Forget the racist/ not racist/ trying to stir the pot junk, I regret posting that I was posting while angry, and that isnt even the important part of the post..... Drop trying to make Scutter out to be racist, he isnt; your not going to make him into a racist,

So to recap

A Walmart employee insinuated I was going to shoot her
    Walmart manager embarassed me, lied to me,
    We are waiting for walmart to call me back,
    Scutter isnt a Racist
    Bacon is Good
    Bacon Vodka is Better
    Guns rock

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Are you seriously attacking me for addressing a post that was reported as offensive by a number of people? I'm a little puzzled by your attitude and your accusations.

I don't like seeing people accused of racism when they never even mentioned race.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The Wal-Mart's I shop at (Scottsburg and Clarksville) have never given me any trouble at all. Scottsburg especially nice. They are hunter friendly.

I would think that it's pretty clear by now that the general, non-gun carrying public is somewhat frightened by weapons (or totally freaked out). Can we not agree that this is not going to change? And it's especially not going to change by trying to force common sense and legal knowledge on those ignorant people. Yes, you're right, they're wrong. But I think we should keep a low profile and keep the people at ease. I know many people scare of spiders and snakes and have never seen any of them happy about me bringing one of those creepers around. Yes, I know about desensitization techniques, but I'm talking in real life. Why not just go undercover (CC) get your S@#t and get out?

I don't like screen names that are named Mackey, you should hide your name so that I am not uncomfortable. Once they tell you that guns make them uncomfortable and have you believing that hiding it is the answer, what is to stop them from making you uncomfortable with mustaches, or green shirts or blue eyes, or .... Do you see where I am going with this? If you want to CC that's great, I have to on a daily basis and as soon as I gEt home it goes OWB. It's my choice not theirs or yours.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't like seeing people accused of racism when they never even mentioned race.

No one was being accused of racism. We just asked for some clarification for the sake of all the readers who reported the post. We didn't actually think it was racist either. No biggie.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

You need to step away from this thread. When posts are reported, we look into them. Wen it is not clear to us either what someone means, we have to ask. Scutter01 was doing his job and I believe he has already explained more than he needed.

You seem to be extremely comfortable here with your comments, especially toward a moderator. Instead of saying something you may regret, I think you should step away. You appear to be the only one having a problem with a moderator doing his job.

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    You need to step away from this thread. When posts are reported, we look into them. Wen it is not clear to us either what someone means, we have to ask. Scutter01 was doing his job and I believe he has already explained more than he needed.

You seem to be extremely comfortable here with your comments, especially toward a moderator. Instead of saying something you may regret, I think you should step away. You appear to be the only one having a problem with a moderator doing his job.

Don't tell me what I need to do, I'm not a child. Get off your high horse.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Bubba Skinner and all the others, I appreciate you standing up for what you think is right, This whole situation is my fault for posting pissed.

I posted something that could be contrued many ways and Scutter pointed it out, I changed it to something a little less controversial and thought it was fine. Apparently it wasnt,

I in no way took Scutter's post to be calling me a racist, he was trying to help me out so people wouldnt get that assumption and I appreciate it greatly.

So please can we drop the whole hes not a racist but you called him one or your a racist for calling a racist a racist junk...

THE WHOLE RACE THING IS NOT PERTINENT TO THIS THREAD SO CAN WE PLEASE DROP IT?

Mods, after a bit of time can we delete this post and all the race related stuff? I dont find it really pertinent to the thread and I would like to keep the thread straight with the true issue..

Thank you so much

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    I'm being banned? Have I not been pretty civil about the whole thing? I was ready to drop it until Spasmo came in and wanted to talk to me like I was her child.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm being banned? Have I not been pretty civil about the whole thing? I was ready to drop it until Spasmo came in and wanted to talk to me like I was her child.

If you hadn't taken up an argument that the OP and everyone else gave up on, Spasmo wouldn't have had to even comment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom