Not open for further replies.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Again though, that's your perceived intent. It is entirely possible that the whole purpose of this site is for Fenway to tell his neighbor he knows tons of people's email passwords because they probably used the same password for email as they did INGO.

Many of us would not be friends in real life and we're communicating via anonymous, impersonal ways using :bacondance: icons and things to attempt emotional content. There are bound to be differences of opinion and a few dust-ups and it's better to ignore all that and focus on the :bacondance:

Because--as we all know--it has nothing to do with the "Hokey-Pokey." Bacon IS what it's all about. :D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't point to a single incident, so I didn't "You are helping to perpetuate a lie with your glib comment."

I think you need to calm down a bit. I knew one of your comments would be "If you don't like how the site is moderated, then just leave."

It is a forum the intent is an exchanging of ideas and discussions.

My comments stand to my opinion that the mods need to calm down a bit. I have not said it in a rude way, a vulgar way or a mean way. But you are enforcing my opinion.

Yes, this is a forum for exchanging ideas and discussion.
    However, the thing your missing is civil. I would think that the majority of people would like to share their ideas without being called variety of names simply because their opinion differs from another.

The moderator of the site, firstly have a responsibility to the owner, and then a responsibility to gun owners, in general. I appreciate that they "clean house" of those that can't extend even the most basic common courtesy to other.

Do you see how you worded your post? Your disagreement is clear, but you thought better than to go off the deep end. That the way things should be done.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I also never pointed to you as an individual in the statement of mods needing to calm down did I. Yes you can defend yourself if you feel attacked.

I wouldn't try to take away your right to your opinion. I welcome it whether I agree with it or not.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto

Yes, this is a forum for exchanging ideas and discussion.
    However, the thing your missing is civil. I would think that the majority of people would like to share their ideas without being called variety of names simply because their opinion differs from another.

The moderator of the site, firstly have a responsibility to the owner, and then a responsibility to gun owners, in general. I appreciate that they "clean house" of those that can't extend even the most basic common courtesy to other.

Do you see how you worded your post? Your disagreement is clear, but you thought better than to go off the deep end. That the way things should be done.
    I agree it it is better to be civil and I always am. But whether someone else is or is not civil never changes my mind about their right to say it.

The greatest thing about our freedom is protecting those we absolutely disagree with.

I do not like the KKK, Aryian Nation or Nation of Islam but I agree they have a right to spread their hate. I think the Westboro Baptists are nuts and hate mongers but I believe they have a right to do what they do.

I also believe in our right to form a fence of people with flags to block them from the Hero's families who are laying loved ones to rest.

Our freedoms are stronger than those we disagree with no matter what they are saying.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, if I defend myself against a constant accusation, then I need to "calm down"? Am I not allowed to have my own opinion?

NO! Any opining on your part will be construed as a thinly veiled threat of the ever-imminent banhammer and only serve to enforce our preexisting notion that MODs are power-mad and merciless in their desire to quash all opposing views via cruel and unusual means of censure and force.

There are plenty of other sites out there for you to express your opinion if you feel you need to.

And no, you may not quote me. I HAVE RIGHTS UP IN HERE!

:cool:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree it it is better to be civil and I always am. But whether someone else is or is not civil never changes my mind about their right to say it.

The greatest thing about our freedom is protecting those we absolutely disagree with.

I do not like the KKK, Aryian Nation or Nation of Islam but I agree they have a right to spread their hate. I think the Westboro Baptists are nuts and hate mongers but I believe they have a right to do what they do.

I also believe in our right to form a fence of people with flags to block them from the Hero's families who are laying loved ones to rest.

Our freedoms are stronger than those we disagree with no matter what they are saying.

I honestly sympathize with you, I do. But please recognize that this is a private entity. This forum, is a business. It is designed to attract more and more members. In that, it must protect the perception it projects. Should the Aryan Nation, the Black Panthers, and other "interesting" groups have their say? sure.... if it fits into the purposes of whoever is running said, private entity. However, you will find a great deal of people that will disagree, and move somewhere else.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    NO! Any opining on your part will be construed as a thinly veiled threat of the ever-imminent banhammer and only serve to enforce our preexisting notion that MODs are power-mad and merciless in their desire to quash all opposing views via cruel and unusual means of censure and force.

There are plenty of other sites out there for you to express your opinion if you feel you need to.

And no, you may not quote me. I HAVE RIGHTS UP IN HERE!

:cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t-xUaqY6rE[/ame]

Just sayin... :D:D:D

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    This guy needs to explain to my wife the law about not being able to buying a gun and ammo together. My father-in-law walked into a gun shop in Evansville bought a 38 and ammo, took four steps out of the door, loaded it and shot himself right on the sidewalk.

Sorry I didn’t read the last three pages before I posted,otherwise I would have realized that this post has been DERAILED!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    Another reason to not shop at walmart. Last year me and my dad were heading out to geist reservoir to cat fish off the olio rd bridge. I needed my fishing licence before we went so I hoped over to WM on 96th to get one. It was about 11:30pm and after waiting for 20min for someone they told me that they can not sell fishing licences after 10pm. I asked for a manager and gave them a piece of my mind and ended up going across the street to meijer and was in and out in 10min.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Another reason to not shop at walmart. Last year me and my dad were heading out to geist reservoir to cat fish off the olio rd bridge. I needed my fishing licence before we went so I hoped over to WM on 96th to get one. It was about 11:30pm and after waiting for 20min for someone they told me that they can not sell fishing licences after 10pm. I asked for a manager and gave them a piece of my mind and ended up going across the street to meijer and was in and out in 10min.
    Were you able to spare it? Didn't you ever miss it? I mean what piece was it? Obviously it wasn't the memory part!

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette

I had the same trouble with them when i tried to buy ammo late one night. The young man at the counter said they were not able to sell it after 10pm, so i went down the street to meijer and got what i wanted (although it was $1.00/box more).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom