• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lest you be accused of either fabricating that or of hyperbole yourself...
    https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/t...eagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html

Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election. “The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations,” the memorandum stated. “These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign.”

Gee. That sounds remarkably like treason

trea·son
    ˈtrēzən/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]

• the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

[/COLOR]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Letter from Comey to staff

C_gUKLgW0AASqUq.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm not too young to remember. And this isn't that. Nowhere near the depth or scale. I'm not happy about the timing of the firing because of optics, and it gives more opportunity for these hyperbolic claims. :runaway: But NIXON! Also, the flipflop on reasoning makes the administration look like it's either incompetent or cycling excuses until one sticks.

But nevertheless, Comey needed to go because his behavior has tarnished the FBI's credibility. A few days ago would have been better timing--certainly more distance from the day the grand jury subpoenaed Gen Kelly's associates would have been better.

But we'll see who gets appointed. If Trump appoints a sycophant like the Fat Ass Puss Bag from NJ, then I'll start worrying. I'd like to see someone more independent like Kelly Ayotte be appointed, because she has credibility on both sides of the isle, plus the apparent respect of the Administration.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm not too young to remember. And this isn't that. Nowhere near the depth or scale. I'm not happy about the timing of the firing because of optics, and it gives more opportunity for these hyperbolic claims. :runaway: But NIXON! Also, the flipflop on reasoning makes the administration look like it's either incompetent or cycling excuses until one sticks.

But nevertheless, Comey needed to go because his behavior has tarnished the FBI's credibility. A few days ago would have been better timing--certainly more distance from the day the grand jury subpoenaed Gen Kelly's associates would have been better.

But we'll see who gets appointed. If Trump appoints a sycophant like the Fat Ass Puss Bag from NJ, then I'll start worrying. I'd like to see someone more independent like Kelly Ayotte be appointed, because she has credibility on both sides of the isle, plus the apparent respect of the Administration.

She might be good.
    Another, although probably a bit long in the tooth and more than likely not on the short list because of that, would be Jim Kallstrom.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Wow! The hate for Trump is so visceral that Comey is suddenly the epitome of everything an FBI director should be!

ROFLMAO!

Who knew Comey had [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] so many supporters?!?!?!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow! The hate for Trump is so visceral that Comey is suddenly the epitome of everything an FBI director should be!

ROFLMAO!

I chuckled and commented to the wife this morning. Savannah on the Today Show is outraged and devastated by the Comey firing... She complained about him all the time until now.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Savannah on the Today Show is outraged and devastated by the Comey firing... She complained about him all the time until now.

But of course. James Comey was synonymous with "Willie Horton" to the Democrat base. Now that he's lost altitude and fallen out of formation in Washington, the "Today" twits will no longer be able to keep his name plastered in front of the low-information Democrat viewers that show is aiming for.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Clarke or Gowdy= many criminal investigations to come.

Call me jaded but nothing would come of it. Ive watched Gowdy eviscerate person after person in all kinds of investigations/testimony. I'm convinced its all a dog and pony show and nothing more. The hearings go round and round and the worst that happens is those testifying are made uncomfortable and embarrased. But int the end nothing ever comes of it. I couldnt tell you the last time one of his investigations actually resulted in actual punishment.

ROFLMAO!

You should hear the recent Maxine Waters interview. Listened to it on the drive in today. They prefaced the interview with her statement a couple years ago that "he is not credible" yet today she thinks he shouldnt have been fired. Oh, and if Clinton had won Waters would have been fine with Clinton firing him for the way he treated her. :scratch:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Call me jaded but nothing would come of it. Ive watched Gowdy eviscerate person after person in all kinds of investigations/testimony. I'm convinced its all a dog and pony show and nothing more. The hearings go round and round and the worst that happens is those testifying are made uncomfortable and embarrased. But int the end nothing ever comes of it. I couldnt tell you the last time one of his investigations actually resulted in actual punishment.

You should hear the recent Maxine Waters interview. Listened to it on the drive in today. They prefaced the interview with her statement a couple years ago that "he is not credible" yet today she thinks he shouldnt have been fired. Oh, and if Clinton had won Waters would have been fine with Clinton firing him for the way he treated her. :scratch:

Maxine Waters is more than just a few bricks shy of a load.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Love me some Mark Steyn:

https://www.steynonline.com/7790/posse-comey-tantrum

Few can match his turn-of-phrase:

Amusing as all this is, I felt after his most recent diva turn in Congress that this guy is just too weird to be a policeman - even for one of those Brit telly coppers where the guy comes overloaded with traits: Inspector Comey Investigates, and Prosecutes, and Convicts (or, If He Doesn't, Trashes Your Reputation in Public). He'd be better off cast as one of those witnesses who can never stop talking, and keeps digging himself deeper and deeper.

As it turns out, he misspoke somewhat on the matter of Huma Abedin sending classified emails to her spambot penis of a hubby to print out during breaks from sexting middle-schoolers. Which is how we arrive at the brain-exploding scenario of Trump firing Comey for being unfair to Hillary. Boy, that Putin is always nine chess moves ahead, isn't he?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    For all of his faults, props to Comey on his "goodbye" letter to the FBI:

To all: I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.

The full letter at:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/11/read-comey-sends-letter-to-fbi.html

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I watched the film L.A. 92 last night with the wife....It's a well done documentary about the Rodney King riots...If you think she's a flake now you should have seen her then.....Went on camera blaming the L.A. riots on George H. W. Bush, said he doesn't like black people and that he has never reached out to her except in a formal setting....I mean it was visceral....Then the documentary pointed out that Bush 41 actually had done quite a bit behind the scenes and had already appointed a federal prosecutor to look into whether the actions of the officers violated Rodney King's civil rights....He was just waiting to see what the outcome of the trial in Simi Valley was....

What shocked me watching this was the speed in which the riots started after the verdict...It's a brutal film and there is plenty of blame to go around...I was in my mid 20's working for a finance company when the verdict came in...We had one of our employees on the west side of Louisville picking up a couple of payments and setting up a repo...He called 20 minutes after the verdict from a phone booth (remember those?) and I answered the phone...He said, "I don't now what's going on but I have got my AMT 380 in hand, three young men are beating on the phone booth calling me every name in the book...I need to get back to the office..."

He did....The appearance of the gun in his hand was enough to get him the space he needed to get back to his car and back across the river...I remember thinking how amazing it was that an event 2,000 miles away had such an effect here...

But back to Maxine...Yeah...She's a flake....

[video=youtube;DcFuY_lPwh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcFuY_lPwh8[/video]

Top Bottom