• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The chief investigator was fired by the investigated, who now is able to hire his chief investigator. Concerned, why should I be concerned?

I do think Comey made mistakes, but the circumstances for this firing should raise concerns. That is unless you believe Trump knows better than everyone else and should have unlimited and unquestioned power to do whatever the h*** he wants.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The chief investigator was fired by the investigated, who now is able to hire his chief investigator. Concerned, why should I be concerned?

I do think Comey made mistakes, but the circumstances for this firing should raise concerns. That is unless you believe Trump knows better than everyone else and should have unlimited and unquestioned power to do whatever the h*** he wants.

The director of the FBI is a position that serves at the will of the President. He/she can be fired at any time, for any reason. Them's the rules. Period.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The director of the FBI is a position that serves at the will of the President. He/she can be fired at any time, for any reason. Them's the rules. Period.

I guess maybe your to young to remember Nixon? If one knows their history one can often find some very valuable lessons as to why certain things can be extremely cocerning. It's an extremely good thing at that time Congress took action then. We have no proof of wrong doing as of yet, but let's hope if there is that they will find it. Either way Trumps actions here now are extremely suspicious and very concerning.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I guess maybe your to young to remember Nixon? If one knows their history one can often find some very valuable lessons as to why certain things can be extremely cocerning. It's an extremely good thing at that time Congress took action then. We have no proof of wrong doing as of yet, but let's hope if there is that they will find it. Either way Trumps actions here now are extremely suspicious and very concerning.

I don't recall accusations of Trump having the DNC HQ burglarized, so I'm not sure what Nixon has to do with anything.
    I also don't suppose you are concerned with millions of dollars in foreign donations to the Hillary campaign and a sitting President wiretapping a Presidential candidate prior to the election.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Consider: if Comey stayed on, and ended up clearing the Trump team of any wrongdoing...would said finding have carried any legitimacy? Given what has gone before with Comey?

You know the left would never accept that.

If you're in any way concerned with the legitimacy of what's happening, there is literally no conceivable benefit in Comey staying. He had his thumb on the scale for someone he was previously investigating (Hillary). If he now cleared Trump, it would be a timeless scandal.

If you want final, clear, legitimate resolution, then Trump did the country a favor. Even though it could/should have been rendered more tactfully, no reasonable person can find fault with the decision itself. The only ones who can find benefit in keeping Comey on are are those with a partisan interest in dragging the country through a neverending sh*t show, and keeping the stench of the Comey news-cycle in a permanent state of unresolvable media purgatory (ie, Democrats). When Comey's name fades from view, they lose a valuable fund-raising cudgel.

If your issue is that you just have a problem with _any_ President having the Constitutional authority to remove an FBI Director...then I think that's a different thread.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I'm old enough to remember and the only similarity I can see is both events took place in Washington D.C.

"Look Hitler!"

"Look Russians!"

"Look Nixon!"

Democrats are running out of boogeymen...May have to take a look in the mirror before too long....(I am glad I lived long enough to finally see Democrats say something bad about Russians.....When they had ICBM's pointed at us Ted Kennedy was going over there to help them beat Reagan...)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Except that, according to Comey himself (confirmed no less than three times), Trump has not been under investigation by FBI.

The AG, the deputy AG, and DOJ officials from the past FOUR administrations all corroborate the decision to fire Comey.

And firing the director of FBI is part of the authority of the Executive. So, yes: trump does have unlimited and unquestioned power to fire Comey.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Your concern is duly noted.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm old enough to remember and the only similarity I can see is both events took place in Washington D.C.

"Look Hitler!"

"Look Russians!"

"Look Nixon!"

Democrats are running out of boogeymen...May have to take a look in the mirror before too long....(I am glad I lived long enough to finally see Democrats say something bad about Russians.....When they had ICBM's pointed at us Ted Kennedy was going over there to help them beat Reagan...)

Lest you be accused of either fabricating that or of hyperbole yourself...
    https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/t...eagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html

Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election. “The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations,” the memorandum stated. “These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign.”

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

And speaking of Nixon, regardless what the MSM says, Clinton WAS removed from Watergate for malfeasance. My source was a recently deceased lawyer who was involved with her, worked with and against her directly, and had direct knowlege of the behind the scenes goings on. Beware relying 100% on public statements and "official" reasons. Often people are removed/fired/etc and the public statement is not the full story.

Case in point; the beloved superintendent that was recently fired abruptly? Not one story in the news has told the real story. Apparently he is having health problems and firing him is in everyone's best interest because the way his contract is written they have to pay out his contract which is beneficial to him. If he quits because he can no longer work, he doesnt get the payout. But ask the school board? "Its an internal personnel matter". 20 years from now, nobody will remember the real reason unless they had direct involvement.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If you can list 10 minutes worth of felony crimes and then refuse to recommend charges, if you hate Trump, why would you want Comey to let him off?

Either way, Comey was worthless.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I am amazed!

CNN just had a segment with one analyst saying the Obama should have immediately FIRED Comey after his July press conference (I agree) and a SECOND analyst pointing out that just last week Comey defended and testified that he would do the exact same thing again... which was the reasoning listed in the Asst AG's letter.

Actual, real news... I'm stunned.

And the guy who recommended his firing (Rosenstein) was confirmed by the Sentate with 90+ votes two weeks ago...

This is much more fun than another Clinton administration.

p.s. if one starts with the premiss everyone in D.C. is a criminal, it is much more entertaining. Kind of like watching a shark circle a chimp with a machete in a deflating life raft...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

False dichotomy. I think Comey felt no urgency to conclude the Trump-Russia investigation because he was simultaneously re-ingratiating himself with the left and making it as difficult as possible for Trump to pull the trigger on his firing. Guess he got the political math wrong

Hopefully Trump will appoint someone of impeccable credentials whose only interest is to get to the bottom of the issue and give the country closure. Where is Elliot Ness when you need him

Top Bottom