• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    And it's been reported by left media that Trump's revelation pissed off the Israelis, while the right media has reported that they didn't care.

The left media reports regarding Israeli mood are interesting...since I have reason to believe the intel came from the Jordanians. I have no idea if the Jordanians are actually pissed off or not though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the memo exists as claimed, it shows Comey is a liar...he either lied under oath or the memo is a fabrication...so how does the memo have any credibility? To me, it basically would mean we would have no way of knowing the truth of what Trump may or may not have said/done...barring any corroborating evidence of course. Do you mean the memo would still damage Trump politically and in the public eye even though it was generated by a proven liar? If so, I guess I at least understand your point, but I would hope some majority of people are smarter than that...sigh, I'm being idealistic again.

Well, you have a point. Given the reported timing of everything it would appear he lied under oath unless he can say he didn't take Trump's request as obstructive. In which case, what does the letter prove that is indicative of wrongdoing by Trump?

The left media reports regarding Israeli mood are interesting...since I have reason to believe the intel came from the Jordanians. I have no idea if the Jordanians are actually pissed off or not though.

I'm just going by what all the press has reported. Israel is reported of admitting to being the source. When I first heard about all this I thought it was the Jordanians too. But if the reports are true, it's the Israelis.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Well, you have a point. Given the reported timing of everything it would appear he lied under oath unless he can say he didn't take Trump's request as obstructive. In which case, what does the letter prove that is indicative of wrongdoing by Trump?

I'm just going by what all the press has reported. Israel is reported of admitting to being the source. When I first heard about all this I thought it was the Jordanians too. But if the reports are true, it's the Israelis.

:yesway:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    When you run out of labels and sorry *** excuses for not being able to have any type of meaningful discussion please get back with us. Until then please go back to burying your head in the sand. I must say I think you've found your perfect President.

And you have found your perfect white whale.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Who said I was on any side, other than my countries side? You continue to ignore that it's extremely possible to think Trump is a false messiah yet not be a liberal. In fact it's extremely possible to be either neutral or even Republican. Trump himself is no real true Republican. He only ran under the party, but a good portion of what he says don't really have anything to do with being Republican.

If I was looking to dismantle our Republic I very much doubt I would have served 20 years in the military to try and preserve it. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them evil or even for that fact wrong.

Trump is certainly not a central casting establishment Republican, but at least his goal, a goal in which he has been consistent for decades, is the pursuit of the well-being of the republic as opposed to being a globalist intent on kneecapping the United States in the name of global 'fairness' and 'equality'.

I'm curious as to what wrongdoing are you speaking of, that is illustrative of a double standard?

Kut (has apparently been in a sensory deprivation tank for decades).

It's a culture war, and I think we are quickly approaching the point where neither side is interested in conversation.

Absolutely. For decades we have had 'compromise' shoved down our throats and/or up other orifices which amounts to the left getting less than everything it while we get absolutely nothing in return. To Hell with those worthless MFSBs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just substitute Republic for democracy because after all we as citizens don't vote on everything but our representatives do. So now that that's been fixed is it alright to continue with the discussion?

Really? You honestly don't understand the difference between a republic and a democracy. I will help you. It is the difference between limited government, as found in our frequently-ignored Constitution as opposed to what amounts to organized mob rule functioning under the auspices of unlimited government as tyranny by 51% vote.

My belief was that IndyDave was speaking about a double standard within govt (which I don't agree), not the public or media (which I would agree). He's talking about "rules"and double-standards, and the media isn't bound by things like equal application.

Both actually. Trump has enough leaks that he needs to call a good plumber. This would neither have happened nor been tolerated under Obama. This seems, among other things, to suggest that conservative-leaning handlers of sensitive information are professionals worthy of their positions while their leftist colleagues are only when things are going according to their own ideas of right and proper. Then we can consider the official investigations in which far more attention is given to innuendo regarding Trump than things of which Hillary is absolutely guilty with the only point subject to debate being whether the cause is malfeasance or stupidity.

Gotcha...I thought he was referring to the media.....I knew you kept track of the media double standard and will and have pointed it out in the past...

Again, all of the above. Domestic enemies are domestic enemies regardless of who cuts their paychecks.

The way I took it, he said "Democrats" which implies people who are Democrats, whether they are media or politicians or citizens. The term is meant to imply partisanship. The double standard is that partisan Democrats are applying standards to Trump that they did not apply to Clinton, or Obama for that matter. If they had, there would have been the same hysteria over Clinton's shenanigans. But since it was their own, they were silent. That's how I understood what Dave said.

:yesway:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If Comey had been asked by Trump to cut short the investigation against his administration, as the media and the left and a certain Ahab are constantly shrieking, Comey already committed a crime by not immediately reporting, as required by statute.
    He's either lying now, or he was lying then, and he certainly lacks even a semblance of credibility, certainly less than the hated Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About democracy vs republic. I think we should stop insisting that people are wrong for calling the US a democracy. A direct democracy is the thing our founders rightly criticized and wand to avoid. We don't have that system. But just saying "democracy" is a more generic term that shouldn't imply a direct democracy. The term "democracy" itself should imply nothing more than than the concept of self-governance. This can be accomplished several ways, one of which is by electing representatives to act on our behalf in government. What kind of democracy are we? We are a representative democracy. A republic which is democratically based because we self-govern through representatives. It's okay if people say we're a democracy because our republic is one of the types of democracy. We shouldn't take that to mean direct democracy, another type.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because he's a simpleton, unfit to lead the nation? :dunno:

I think Trump isn't as stupid as people on the left insist, but he's no genious either. I'd guess his IQ would be above 120s. If he is unfit to lead the nation it is because of his temperament.

It's kinda funny watching twitter wars between the "cucks" and "nazis". They both say he's playing 4D chess. One side thinks he's playing the left. The former thinks he's subverting democracy, the other thinks he's toying with the cucks.

In reality, stuff just happens. And he knows how to capitalize on most of it. That's kinda clever. But it's not 4D chess.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So I'm thinking the Special Counselor might be a case of be careful what you wish for... doesn't this take the wind out of the sails of all of the [strike]circuses[/strike] Congressional investigations until Mueller wraps up his probe? I.e. returning the FBI and DoJ to it's norms of "no comment".

Now it really boils down to if there is anything there, which iMO, is a loosing hand for the Dems.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think Trump isn't as stupid as people on the left insist, but he's no genious either. I'd guess his IQ would be above 120s. If he is unfit to lead the nation it is because of his temperament.

It's kinda funny watching twitter wars between the "cucks" and "nazis". They both say he's playing 4D chess. One side thinks he's playing the left. The former thinks he's subverting democracy, the other thinks he's toying with the cucks.

In reality, stuff just happens. And he knows how to capitalize on most of it. That's kinda clever. But it's not 4D chess.

I don't think he has a clue as to what he's doing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If by that you mean that he doesn't know how to engage in all the typical back-biting, bribery, and rampant corruption, you're right.
    Soooooooooooooooooooo unfit!
    I wouldn't go so far as saying he has no clue what he's doing. But what I will say is that what he doesn't know extends to much more than not knowing how to engage in those particular things.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I wouldn't go so far as saying he has no clue what he's doing. But what I will say is that what he doesn't know extends to much more than not knowing how to engage in those particular things.

I was a reluctant Trump voter (voted for Cruz in the primary, and would have preferred Rubio or Fiorina overall), but maybe not being a Washington insider is part of the reason to recommend him.
    Look at what a colossal ****ing mess the pols have made of our country; maybe it's high time to upend that.
    Or we could just continue getting bufued vigorously by the typical politicians; you know, stick to the comfort zone of the status quo.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If by that you mean that he doesn't know how to engage in all the typical back-biting, bribery, and rampant corruption, you're right.
    Soooooooooooooooooooo unfit!

Funny, because based on his business dealing prior to becoming elected, I'd say he was a pro at those things.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom