• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know you could pull ten off of the top of your head (and probably ten going the other way) but I do admire how you make folk's work for it.....:)

Have you finished your songline from your walkabout yet?????

Fire-Dreaming-Malcolm-Maloney-Jagamarra.jpg

Actually, I'm more curious about the "double standard" part.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I know you could pull ten off of the top of your head (and probably ten going the other way) but I do admire how you make folk's work for it.....:)

Have you finished your songline from your walkabout yet?????

You guys really need to get a room or something....:):

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You guys really need to get a room or something....:):

We used to work together down south back in the 80's....People used to say, "What the hell do you two have in common?" And we would both reply..."Latin women...We loves the Latina's..."

Prodigal%2BSon.JPG

I love Bourbon and Kut loves Zima but we manage to find common ground in our taste in women...:)

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

My belief was that IndyDave was speaking about a double standard within govt (which I don't agree), not the public or media (which I would agree). He's talking about "rules"and double-standards, and the media isn't bound by things like equal application.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    So to deflect from the current subject and not even discuss this particulr President the best you can do is bring up Obama? Obama's term is over. The mess and the total incompetence we call Trump is the reality TV show currently being shown.

Not a deflection, just curious as to why you're up in arms now over something that has been going on in the previous administration. Venezuela, Cuba and Iran come to mind, not to mention being more flexible once a certain individual was reflected. Hence the previous individuals post of a glaring double standard.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's pretty obvious you want to see Trump fail. I don't know or care why you feel that way. I don't care about your political leanings either. The fact is IF this supposed memo actually exists...either Comey lied under oath and committed perjury when he testified before Congress...or he is lying now in an attempt to try and bring down a sitting President simply because he's upset over being fired. There is no way around this.

I'm not sure that's true. Maybe it is. I mean, if you "hate" Trump you'd probably want him to fail. Obama haters wanted Obama to fail. For myself, I don't/didn't "hate" Obama. I was just apposed to what he was accomplishing. I did want him to fail in pushing the nation left. That's not the same thing as wanting the nation to fail.

Aside from that, your questions are valid, but that's about Comey. It doesn't diminish the impact of what Trump did if he did it. And in a practical and political sense, whatever Comey's shenanigans are, it's probably not going to adversely affect the credibility of the memo.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My belief was that IndyDave was speaking about a double standard within govt (which I don't agree), not the public or media (which I would agree). He's talking about "rules"and double-standards, and the media isn't bound by things like equal application.

Gotcha...I thought he was referring to the media.....I knew you kept track of the media double standard and will and have pointed it out in the past...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not a deflection, just curious as to why you're up in arms now over something that has been going on in the previous administration. Venezuela, Cuba and Iran come to mind, not to mention being more flexible once a certain individual was reflected. Hence the previous individuals post of a glaring double standard.

The president has the power to do all of the things you're referencing. The instances Obama was involved, he did in full view of the public. As far as the "being more flexible after the election," in regards to the statement he made to Putin, wheres the criminality in that? And what exactly was he speaking on being flexible about?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm curious as to what wrongdoing are you speaking of, that is illustrative of a double standard?

The way I took it, he said "Democrats" which implies people who are Democrats, whether they are media or politicians or citizens. The term is meant to imply partisanship. The double standard is that partisan Democrats are applying standards to Trump that they did not apply to Clinton, or Obama for that matter. If they had, there would have been the same hysteria over Clinton's shenanigans. But since it was their own, they were silent. That's how I understood what Dave said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The president has the power to do all of the things you're referencing. The instances Obama was involved, he did in full view of the public. As far as the "being more flexible after the election," in regards to the statement he made to Putin, wheres the criminality in that? And what exactly was he speaking on being flexible about?

It's been widely reported in media on both sides that Obama leaked classified information for the purpose of thwarting covert operations by Israel. We have no evidence other than hearsay that Trump did anything different from that. Israel was upset about that, which seemed to escape the left media but was reported by the right. And it's been reported by left media that Trump's revelation pissed off the Israelis, while the right media has reported that they didn't care. So what the **** do you want to believe? Take your pick. it's up to your own bias. For me, the only facts I know is how ineptly the Trump administration has behaved. That's very public and very knowable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just substitute Republic for democracy because after all we as citizens don't vote on everything but our representatives do. So now that that's been fixed is it alright to continue with the discussion?

No. We are not a Democracy. Those in power call it such but in the end it is not.

Yes. Carry on.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Aside from that, your questions are valid, but that's about Comey. It doesn't diminish the impact of what Trump did if he did it. And in a practical and political sense, whatever Comey's shenanigans are, it's probably not going to adversely affect the credibility of the memo.

If the memo exists as claimed, it shows Comey is a liar...he either lied under oath or the memo is a fabrication...so how does the memo have any credibility? To me, it basically would mean we would have no way of knowing the truth of what Trump may or may not have said/done...barring any corroborating evidence of course. Do you mean the memo would still damage Trump politically and in the public eye even though it was generated by a proven liar? If so, I guess I at least understand your point, but I would hope some majority of people are smarter than that...sigh, I'm being idealistic again.

Top Bottom