• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I'm going out on a limb and going to guess that there's plenty of information of which this investigation is based, that isn't publicly available, given the nature of the allegations. Unless you're privy to that info, it isn't reasonable to say that the investigation doesn't have merit.

I never said the investigation into Flynn didn't have merit, I said the NYT article making wild claims about the supposed Comey memo didn't have merit. Those are two different things that should not be conflated. If Trump had actually done what the yet-to-be-seen memo claims, Comey would've already been up on the Hill crowing about it - it's his style.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This leaves me with several thoughts...

1. Why so much screaming up a lung about whether or not the Russians were responsible for leaking the Podesta e-mails, but crickets about the contents indicative of wrong-doing on the part of the Clinton campaign?

2. Why does speaking to the Russians about normal issues imply guild of collusion in illegal activity? Does this mean that if I happen to ask a criminal for directions to Burger King, I am an accessory to his crime(s)?

3. Why the obvious double-standard regarding real, perceived, or wholly fictitious wrong-doing on the parts of Democrats and alternately Republicans? If equal treatment were applied, Hillary would have had her neck stretched by now. All said and done, we need to have either one rule or no rule regarding any particular action applied equally to all parties to whom it may apply.

4. Why are 'anonymous sources' more than adequate to 'prove' that Trump is guilty of wrong-doing, but Obama was beyond question (and don't you dare raise a question about it) born in the US in spite of the word of his own grandmother and statements he made himself. Further, why is Hillary not facing charges when there is no question she engaged in wholesale violation of the law as Secretary of State, and I would imagine was not so much sloppy as guilty of finding a way to share classified information with unauthorized persons by making it easy to steal as opposed to giving to them outright, no doubt in conjunction with generous donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

1. Why so much screaming up a lung about whether or not the Russians were responsible for leaking the Podesta e-mails, but crickets about the contents indicative of wrong-doing on the part of the Clinton campaign?

2. Why does speaking to the Russians about normal issues imply guild of collusion in illegal activity? Does this mean that if I happen to ask a criminal for directions to Burger King, I am an accessory to his crime(s)?

3. Why the obvious double-standard regarding real, perceived, or wholly fictitious wrong-doing on the parts of Democrats and alternately Republicans? If equal treatment were applied, Hillary would have had her neck stretched by now. All said and done, we need to have either one rule or no rule regarding any particular action applied equally to all parties to whom it may apply.

4. Why are 'anonymous sources' more than adequate to 'prove' that Trump is guilty of wrong-doing, but Obama was beyond question (and don't you dare raise a question about it) born in the US in spite of the word of his own grandmother and statements he made himself. Further, why is Hillary not facing charges when there is no question she engaged in wholesale violation of the law as Secretary of State, and I would imagine was not so much sloppy as guilty of finding a way to share classified information with unauthorized persons by making it easy to steal as opposed to giving to them outright, no doubt in conjunction with generous donations to the Clinton Foundation.
    Because Bus... Err Trump

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

So it's your point that because the Dems are wrong Trump's actions if he did any wrong are justified?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So it's your point that because the Dems are wrong Trump's actions if he did any wrong are justified?

Not at all. My point is that I am damned sick and tired of the double-standard not only because it is inherently wrong, but because it produces an environment in which our country is constantly sliding in the wrong direction because only one side is required to play by the rules while the other does whatever it feels like doing laws notwithstanding.

Tell me, do you really want to watch the republic dismantled while you stand in smug self-righteousness because, by God, the side you expect to go by the rules was held to the ruthlessly while the other side cheated its way to victory?

I would further point out, that, once again, whispers from the shadows regarding Trump (or any other Republican who isn't a thinly-veiled sell-out) are damning while evidence of illegal activity from a democrat are not worth pursuing. The math just isn't working here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not at all. My point is that I am damned sick and tired of the double-standard not only because it is inherently wrong, but because it produces an environment in which our country is constantly sliding in the wrong direction because only one side is required to play by the rules while the other does whatever it feels like doing laws notwithstanding.

Tell me, do you really want to watch the republic dismantled while you stand in smug self-righteousness because, by God, the side you expect to go by the rules was held to the ruthlessly while the other side cheated its way to victory?

I would further point out, that, once again, whispers from the shadows regarding Trump (or any other Republican who isn't a thinly-veiled sell-out) are damning while evidence of illegal activity from a democrat are not worth pursuing. The math just isn't working here.

Dave.....it is the charges that matter not the actual crime be there one or not.
    As long as there are charges, investigations, rumor and innuendo Trump will be emasculated from completing the tasks he was elected to do. A diversionary tactic set in motion by the big machine. They can now spin it up that he is under investigation. For what ever. It made no difference with the Clintons and there was a mountain of obvious surrounding them.

Is Trump guilty of anything......I would ask if we in this thread are squeaky clean. Name me one politician that is. Please. Feel free to start.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Who said I was on any side, other than my countries side? You continue to ignore that it's extremely possible to think Trump is a false messiah yet not be a liberal. In fact it's extremely possible to be either neutral or even Republican. Trump himself is no real true Republican. He only ran under the party, but a good portion of what he says don't really have anything to do with being Republican.

If I was looking to dismantle our Republic I very much doubt I would have served 20 years in the military to try and preserve it. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them evil or even for that fact wrong.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Dave.....it is the charges that matter not the actual crime be there one or not.
    As long as there are charges, investigations, rumor and innuendo Trump will be emasculated from completing the tasks he was elected to do. A diversionary tactic set in motion by the big machine. They can now spin it up that he is under investigation. For what ever. It made no difference with the Clintons and there was a mountain of obvious surrounding them.

Is Trump guilty of anything......I would ask if we in this thread are squeaky clean. Name me one politician that is. Please. Feel free to start.

Nothing has been proven yet. I'm not squeaky clean and I have my faults but that doesn't mean I should stand idly by if Trump committed or commits a crime. Our justice system is flawed, as people we are flawed, but we have it for a reason and our Democracy only survives because we strive to do better and hold people to a certain standard.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    As a person who served 20 years to protect our Democracy I just find it disgusting and repelling to see someone as President admire and seemingly to respect Dictators like he does. Heck some of his actions and things he say suggest he kind of wished he had more unquestioned power. In fact I don't think I would have had to serve to find this kind of thing just inherently wrong. You don't have to have majored in history to see a problem with this.

I also spent time on the DMZ and some of the things he says are very reminiscent of the pamphlets and things coming across the load speaker. Heck he reminds me most of the one where the person on the loud speaker chimed in the dead of winter that some how the weather was warmer over there. He's not trying to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge but he is still actively claiming that Mexico will pay for that wall.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    As a person who served 20 years to protect our Democracy I just find it disgusting and repelling to see someone as President admire and seemingly to respect Dictators like he does. Heck some of his actions and things he say suggest he kind of wished he had more unquestioned power. In fact I don't think I would have had to serve to find this kind of thing just inherently wrong. You don't have to have majored in history to see a problem with this.

I also spent time on the DMZ and some of the things he says are very reminiscent of the pamphlets and things coming across the load speaker. Heck he reminds me most of the one where the person on the loud speaker chimed in the dead of winter that some how the weather was warmer over there. He's not trying to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge but he is still actively claiming that Mexico will pay for that wall.

Did you miss the last 8 years?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are all opposing him because they are part of their establishment, formed over decades, an establishment that they see as threatened by someone they view as an interloper determined to upend it.
    What does that say about you?

The truth is, it depends. I would need much more information than that to hope for a truthful conclusion.

Sometimes people can agree on the same conclusion but for different reasons. Does that mean those people who agree on those conclusions are all of the same ideological space? No. Not at all. You can't judge where someone is coming from just by a few positions they state. The things I have against Trump have nothing to do with leftism. But, nevertheless, people infer that I'm "leftist" or "establishment" when I am vocal about those things. But in reality, I'm an individualist and that informs most of my politics.

There aren't just two ideologies in the world, that if you agree with "them" you're not one of "us". I've said here for years that you can't represent the totality of political ideas by a left/right paradigm. It's just horribly inaccurate. I'd rather say, on this issue, this is what I believe. On that issue, that is what I believe. No groups need to be joined for that. No groupthink needs to be adopted for that. No identities need to be coddled for that. Individualism is superior to collectivism whether the collectivism comes from the right or the left or the middle.

No, what's lazy is all the bellyaching, whining, calling people nazis, shutting down normal debate, hitting people with bike locks, all because the left's candidate didn't win.
    NONE Of this **** ever happens when a Demoncrap wins, only a Republican.
    Much of it happened with GWB, none happened with BHO, and the intensity has doubled, then trebled, then quadrupled with Trump.
    Lazy, stupid, violent *******s, all of them.
    It must be a slow day over at DailyKOS.

Well, yeah. That's what the progressives do to shut down conversations. But the extreme right has a way of shutting down conversations as well. Is shutting down a conversation by calling people cucks, or leftists, or "establishment" any better or does it serve any other purpose than calling them nazis? Both are meant to shut down conversation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm curious as to what wrongdoing are you speaking of, that is illustrative of a double standard?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There aren't just two ideologies in the world, that if you agree with "them" you're not one of "us". I've said here for years that you can't represent the totality of political ideas by a left/right paradigm. It's just horribly inaccurate. I'd rather say, on this issue, this is what I believe. On that issue, that is what I believe.

1ed6c6c93833da3ca121bb252b9549b2_i-agree-with-you-meme-memesuper-funny-i-agree-memes_460-287.jpeg

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Who said I was on any side, other than my countries side? You continue to ignore that it's extremely possible to think Trump is a false messiah yet not be a liberal.

It's pretty obvious you want to see Trump fail. I don't know or care why you feel that way. I don't care about your political leanings either. The fact is IF this supposed memo actually exists...either Comey lied under oath and committed perjury when he testified before Congress...or he is lying now in an attempt to try and bring down a sitting President simply because he's upset over being fired. There is no way around this.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, yeah. That's what the progressives do to shut down conversations. But the extreme right has a way of shutting down conversations as well. Is shutting down a conversation by calling people cucks, or leftists, or "establishment" any better or does it serve any other purpose than calling them nazis? Both are meant to shut down conversation.

It's a culture war, and I think we are quickly approaching the point where neither side is interested in conversation.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Did you miss the last 8 years?

So to deflect from the current subject and not even discuss this particulr President the best you can do is bring up Obama? Obama's term is over. The mess and the total incompetence we call Trump is the reality TV show currently being shown.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothing has been proven yet. I'm not squeaky clean and I have my faults but that doesn't mean I should stand idly by if Trump committed or commits a crime. Our justice system is flawed, as people we are flawed, but we have it for a reason and our Democracy only survives because we strive to do better and hold people to a certain standard.

Absolutely. Well said.

Now, lets discuss the differences between a Republic (what we really are) and a Democracy. That is my only issue with this post.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Absolutely. Well said.

Now, lets discuss the differences between a Republic (what we really are) and a Democracy. That is my only issue with this post.

Just substitute Republic for democracy because after all we as citizens don't vote on everything but our representatives do. So now that that's been fixed is it alright to continue with the discussion?

Top Bottom