• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    More than likely it did happen. Comey from my understanding, while a bad decision-maker, has never been characterized as a liar..... Trump on the other hand, has issues with the truth. If you're going to ask a reasonable person who, generally over the course of their lifetimes, is the more believable between the two, I think most would say Comey without a second thought.

Comey stood up to the Bush Administration when it counted. By all accounts he's a boy scout and I admire that. Heck he's had to go through that whole Hilary mess and her husbands stupidty and the AG idiocy and willingness to speak to him on a plane during an active investigation of his wife and now Trumps crap. I know he's a big boy and he's supposed to be able to handle anything correctly but sheesh what more can you ask from someone.

Really, can anyone but the most gullible or most ardent supporters trust or believe anything the President or any of his surrogates say.

The good thing is instead of just leaks and reports from unknown sources that at least we should be hearing something more directly fairly soon.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I think you right that the right course of action if it had happened is that Comey should have resigned. But it still doesn't mean this didn't happen.
    More than likely it did happen. Comey from my understanding, while a bad decision-maker, has never been characterized as a liar..... Trump on the other hand, has issues with the truth. If you're going to ask a reasonable person who, generally over the course of their lifetimes, is the more believable between the two, I think most would say Comey without a second thought.
    So, you two are saying that Trump fired Comey to stop the investigation of Flynn... which these allegations indicate he asked Comey to drop in mid February, after the firing of Flynn.... but then waited three months to fire Comey, thereby not actually stopping the investigation of Flynn?

First, that makes no sense if that was his intent in firing Comey. Second, since the investigation proceeded, where is the obstruction?

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    Comey stood up to the Bush Administration when it counted. By all accounts he's a boy scout and I admire that. Heck he's had to go through that whole Hilary mess and her husbands stupidty and the AG idiocy and willingness to speak to him on a plane during an active investigation of his wife and now Trumps crap. I know he's a big boy and he's supposed to be able to handle anything correctly but sheesh what more can you ask from someone.

Really, can anyone but the most gullible or most ardent supporters trust or believe anything the President or any of his surrogates say.

The good thing is instead of just leaks and reports from unknown sources that at least we should be hearing something more directly fairly soon.

This^ both kut and DDD well put.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So, you two are saying that Trump fired Comey to stop the investigation of Flynn... which these allegations indicate he asked Comey to drop in mid February, after the firing of Flynn.... but then waited three months to fire Comey, thereby not actually stopping the investigation of Flynn?

First, that makes no sense if that was his intent in firing Comey. Second, since the investigation proceeded, where is the obstruction?

I never said he fired him just because of Flynn. There's more to this investigation than just Flynn.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg

No trump said that he fired Comey for it. If he did ask him to stop the investigation that is intent to obstruct the investigation.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No trump said that he fired Comedy for it. If he did ask him to stop the investigation that is intent to obstruct the investigation.

If I remember correctly he said he fired him because of the Russian investigation. If that's true that involves more than just Flynn.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    No trump said that he fired Comedy for it. If he did ask him to stop the investigation that is intent to obstruct the investigation.

I take it you can back that up with a link? I won't hold my breathe...

If I remember correctly he said he fired him because of the Russian investigation. If that's true that involves more than just Flynn.

Ditto... link?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I take it you can back that up with a link? I won't hold my breathe...

Ditto... link?

How about I be more clear. Trump said when he was deciding on firing Comey, he was thinking of the Russian investigation. He said that explicitly.
    If you are asking for proof of that, which is easily provided, I'll assume you see the issue in the president's statement, and think it "a bridge too far," no?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    We may be seeing a massive game of rope-a-dope with each side trying to rope the other. As it stands now, we have the following situation:

1. Trump warns Comey not to say anything because there might be "tapes"
    2. As counterfire, someone gets a reporter to cite a memo he hasn't seen,
    3. claiming a source he doesn't name,
    4. the source says he "saw" the memo,
    5. and its "reported" as news by the MSM, who are proven liars and have an axe to grind with Trump

Once things get subpoenaed and the facts come out, it's going to pull the rug out from under someone...the question is who?

This is a high stakes soap opera, complete with wild speculation by the audience. I'm just going to sit back and wait for the shocking reveal, whatever it is.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    We may be seeing a massive game of rope-a-dope with each side trying to rope the other. As it stands now, we have the following situation:

1. Trump warns Comey not to say anything because there might be "tapes"
    2. As counterfire, someone gets a reporter to cite a memo he hasn't seen,
    3. claiming a source he doesn't name,
    4. the source says he "saw" the memo,
    5. and its "reported" as news by the MSM, who are proven liars and have an axe to grind with Trump

Once things get subpoenaed and the facts come out, it's going to pull the rug out from under someone...the question is who?

This is a high stakes soap opera, complete with wild speculation by the audience. I'm just going to sit back and wait for the shocking reveal, whatever it is.

s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.amp.html

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. It was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.

It says it was documented and filed right after it happend so this should be interesting if true.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.amp.html

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. It was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.

It says it was documented and filed right after it happend so this should be interesting if true.

If true then Mr. Comey committed perjury while under oath during Congressional review.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

I am well aware of all of that. The key part is in red. At this time there is no evidence that said memo even exists; it's all anonymous hearsay at the moment. Whatever the subpoenas produce will tell the tale.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yep. :yesway:

Without making any direct accusations, I would guess that there is a chance that is where the yes votes in the UBC poll came from.

Top Bottom