• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Always glad to help people who comment on things that they obviously know nothing about.

Yep, I don't make it a habit to refer to people using pejoratively, simply because I dislike their political stances. I appreciate the seasoned informing me of how it works.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yep, I don't make it a habit to refer to people using pejoratively, simply because I dislike their political stances. I appreciate the seasoned informing me of how it works.

Whether a term is pejorative is open for debate. Some people may consider it a simple matter of calling a spade a spade.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh, a pejorative for those one doesn't agree with. I guess it's the tried and true "if you don't like what people are saying, insult them." Certainly Trump-ish.

Trumpish? I seem to recall James Carville being the one who brought ridicule and pejorative into the political mainstream while acting on behalf of Billy Jeff. I understand that you have a strong sense of playing by rules of etiquette, but I am not going to complain given that only one side has made any effort to go by such rules for quite some time now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trumpish? I seem to recall James Carville being the one who brought ridicule and pejorative into the political mainstream while acting on behalf of Billy Jeff. I understand that you have a strong sense of playing by rules of etiquette, but I am not going to complain given that only one side has made any effort to go by such rules for quite some time now.

It does me no good to refer to people in such ways. And regardless of how people in the past have referred to presidents, Im not the type to do likewise because I think our current president is unfit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You helped me, so now I'm offering to help you. Do you know what a pejorative is?

We have seen this before. I seem to recall that you had quite a reaction when I addressed the passing of Senator Inouye with the harsh light of the truth that he spent the majority of his political career acting as one of those domestic enemies against which he swore to uphold and defend the Constitution, the meritorious service of his youth notwithstanding.

Similarly, I have no difficulty with other members seeing and discussing people who stand in conflict with the foundation of the republic as they are, unflattering as truthful characterization may be. I, for one, am sick and tired of being expected to treat others as if they are upstanding citizens of the republic when they clearly are not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We have seen this before. I seem to recall that you had quite a reaction when I addressed the passing of Senator Inouye with the harsh light of the truth that he spent the majority of his political career acting as one of those domestic enemies against which he swore to uphold and defend the Constitution, the meritorious service of his youth notwithstanding.

Similarly, I have no difficulty with other members seeing and discussing people who stand in conflict with the foundation of the republic as they are, unflattering as truthful characterization may be. I, for one, am sick and tired of being expected to treat others as if they are upstanding citizens of the republic when they clearly are not.

Based on your last sentence, I find it difficult then, that you have not condemned Trump, as "clearly" he doesn't fit the bill as an upstanding citizen of the republic.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Still looking for where Trump said he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation. The only thing that comes remotely close is an editted clip of his NBC interview with Lester Holt. If you watch the FULL INTERVIEW in the link below, it's apparent that the Russia investigation was the only reason he had reservations about the timing of firing Comey. I.e. the only reason NOT to fire fire Comey.

He goes on to say that there will be a full investigation regardless of whether he fired Comey or not.

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...h-lester-holt-at-the-white-house-941854787582

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Based on your last sentence, I find it difficult then, that you have not condemned Trump, as "clearly" he doesn't fit the bill as an upstanding citizen of the republic.

I will grant you that I set a pretty low bar for that distinction. In fact, my only real requirement is an earnest effort to follow the Constitution and serve the interests of the United States, as opposed to those of any foreign nationals or foreign governments. Trump manages this much, unless, of course, you subscribe to the idea that foreign nationals should have rights ascribed to them that supersede those of citizens.

I will further grant you that Trump would not have been my first choice, although I do find it amusing to watched the lid being rolled back off of the septic tank that is Washington. I will also note that it speaks volumes when one considers the ferocity of the attacks against Trump, reminiscent of those against Sarah Palin. If Trump were the buffoon that the 'mainstream' folks would have us believe, then why not just let him fall flat on his face and skulk away self-defeated? Of course, now that I think about it, Palin's primary accomplishment was rolling back the lid of the Alaskan septic tank. I guess in both cases the crap living within doesn't like to have the harsh light of day fall on them.

All said and done, I will have to stand behind Trump, imperfections and all, given that no one else who managed to get traction is willing to put the interests of the United States first. It is also refreshing to have some unedited thoughts without the usual engineered spin.

I would have preferred Rand Paul, but I am happy that we don't have Hillary or any other Constitution-hating globalist. Now all we need are some federal judges that understand the Constitution and the law as the standard to judge by rather than obstructions to be circumvented.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.amp.html

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. It was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.

It says it was documented and filed right after it happend so this should be interesting if true.

If you are correct, and Comey thought Trump was improperly trying to influence the investigation; then he had a duty to do more than type up a memo

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/16/gregg-jarrett-comeys-revenge-is-gun-without-powder.html

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I have to assume your predictive text has gotten out of hand. Reread that, if it makes sense to you, well ...:runaway:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Speaking of the "Russia/Trump Collusion Investigation", it has been going on since at least July of last year when the first FISA warrant was attempted. That means it has been going on for 10 months now... if there was any "there", there, does anyone doubt it would have been leaked already? The "best", and I say that facetiously, has been the fraudulent claim that Trump hired hookers to pee on the bed the Obamas had used in a Moscow hotel. The Flynn conversation in December (after the election, mind you) with the Russian ambassador is more useful to the anti-Trumpers in the abstract than in the details... otherwise the transcript of that conversation would also have been long ago leaked.

What am I missing? Is there ANYTHING that links any Trump associate to the Russians in influencing the election? Anything found in 10 months of looking?

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Speaking of the "Russia/Trump Collusion Investigation", it has been going on since at least July of last year when the first FISA warrant was attempted. That means it has been going on for 10 months now... if there was any "there", there, does anyone doubt it would have been leaked already? The "best", and I say that facetiously, has been the fraudulent claim that Trump hired hookers to pee on the bed the Obamas had used in a Moscow hotel. The Flynn conversation in December (after the election, mind you) with the Russian ambassador is more useful to the anti-Trumpers in the abstract than in the details... otherwise the transcript of that conversation would also have been long ago leaked.

What am I missing? Is there ANYTHING that links any Trump associate to the Russians in influencing the election? Anything found in 10 months of looking?

closest things found are state sponsored meetings that are part of the job.

the russia/clinton links have been overwhelming

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Oh, a pejorative for those one doesn't agree with. I guess it's the tried and true "if you don't like what people are saying, insult them." Certainly Trump-ish.

Why are you taking offense, and what makes you so sure that it was aimed at you, unless you're -- well -- a moonbat yourself?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why are you taking offense, and what makes you so sure that it was aimed at you, unless you're -- well -- a moonbat yourself?

Uh, I never said it was directed at me. Youre assuming OP. If it was directed at me, I think you know my response would've been more pointed.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I never did figure out if "stone cold idiot" was pejorative or not.

Yep, sheep are easily placated, regardless of affiliation.

Now....are we talking real sheep, like the woolly variety? Or is that another one of them pejorative thingies?

Language is complicated. I wish somebody smart would teach me. :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I never did figure out if "stone cold idiot" was pejorative or not.

Now....are we talking real sheep, like the woolly variety? Or is that another one of them pejorative thingies?

Language is complicated. I wish somebody smart would teach me. :):

Completely intended to be an insult. As for sheep, I can't say for sure, they come in so many different varieties. I imagine lots of people on this board have experience with them. You may want to ask them. I can only talk about swine, cotton, and peanuts.

Top Bottom