• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My personal mental example is some of the leaking around the Benghazi 'investigation' and just how little traction it developed without the PMSM push behind it (and in fact, arguably pushing against it)

I really believe everybody who is anybody knows that there's no there, there. The game seems to be to keep Trump and company twisting in the wind as just another stratagem to keep him from accomplishing anything

If I am brutally honest with myself, I am reminded of Hosea 8:7 (“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How long should the investigation go on? Really! Another year? Two or three years? Will the Russians interfere with his reelection? Then they will need to investigate that for the next 4 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get it, but I find the Dems' contention that Putin much preferred Trump over Hillary because he believed that Trump was such a pushover compared to Hillary is as stupid as it gets, especially in light of just how effective Hillary was in responding (NOT) to Benghazi and various other international situations during her tenure as Secretary of State.
    I'm old enough to remember how the Dems never missed an opportunity to prop up the Soviet Union, but suddenly when they delude themselves into believing that the Ruskies cost them the election in a vain effort to convince themselves that HRC really wasn't such an abysmal candidate, they see a Red under every bed.

Of course it is. That's why right-wing pundits tend to say it. It's easy to knock that straw man down. They should instead strong-man the argument. It was widely reported and discussed by the media and Democrats, that the reason Putin supported Trump over Clinton was because Clinton pissed him off by meddling in Russian elections. Ironic as that is.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A missile strike that they gave the Russians advance notice of, and did so much damage planes were flying from the target within the week.

So missile strikes on military bases of a sovereign nation that we are not at war with are no big deal.

Got it. I'll keep that one in my back pocket. :yesway::)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    It's even funnier that you think that wheels that turned that machine suddenly stopped. Can I get a show of hand of people who think the NSA has actually stopped spying on people it isn't supposed to be spying on? ....yep, didn't think so.

So then you would be fine if Trump appointees start unmasking collateral conversations captured involving Democrats and hostile news media folks just to see what their saying? And then leaking damaging or embarrassing intel?

I think not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So then you would be fine if Trump appointees start unmasking collateral conversations captured involving Democrats and hostile news media folks just to see what their saying? And then leaking damaging or embarrassing intel?

I think not.

Of course not. The intel leaking is incredibly dangerous. And I would totally support prosecuting anyone leaking sensitive intel. However, one can comment on the information revealed, and form opinions on what is discovered. If the FDR had explicitly told the Russians about the atomic bomb, and that information was leaked, I'd have wanted the leaker tried for treason... and yet, I would seriously question FDR's ability to competently lead the nation if he was giving such info to the Russians.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Of course not. The intel leaking is incredibly dangerous. And I would totally support prosecuting anyone leaking sensitive intel. However, one can comment on the information revealed, and form opinions on what is discovered. If the FDR had explicitly told the Russians about the atomic bomb, and that information was leaked, I'd have wanted the leaker tried for treason... and yet, I would seriously question FDR's ability to competently lead the nation if he was giving such info to the Russians.

Ummm... Truman did inform Stalin... at Potsdam.

Using the #RESIST logic, that should have been leaked to the world.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    18 U.S. Code § 793
    (f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
    Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

(g) If two or more persons conspire to violate any of the foregoing provisions of this section, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be subject to the punishment provided for the offense which is the object of such conspiracy.

Once upon a time, I had a DOD security clearance and was briefed on the laws and signed the same (or similar) form Hillary Clinton did. I was briefed that not only was intentional disclosure of a classified document a crime, but so was negligence in handling classified documents. The above was read to me verbatim. I was also provided the following examples:

1) If I left a classified document out, outside of my immediate control, even to go to the restroom, it would be a violation of (f)(1). Ditto if I forgot to return it to the classified document repository at the end of the day, or took it home, or even if I locked it in my own desk drawer, as that was not it's proper, approved secure document container.

2) If I discovered my error after the violation, and "snuck" it back into the secure document safe without reporting it, I would also be violating (f)(2).

3) If I told someone else about the violation, or enlisted their aid in returning the document to the secure safe, and he didn't report me, we would both be violating (g) conspiracy.

4) Each count was a federal felony with up to 10 years in prison and, IIRC, $10,000 fine.

5) This was a one strike and you're out policy. A single violation would result in immediate termination, permanent loss of security clearance, and referral to the authorities for prosecution.

I'm sure Hillary, as Secretary of State, received at least as thorough a briefing as just a peon engineer.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Looking through the list of possible replacements for Comey, Mike Rogers stands out since he has the endorsement of the FBI Agents Association. He's former Army officer, former FBI Special agent and former House Representative from Michigan and former chair of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence... served 8 terms, then let someone else run.

Comey replacement list shrinks as Cornyn, others drop out | Fox News

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Once upon a time, I had a DOD security clearance and was briefed on the laws and signed the same (or similar) form Hillary Clinton did. I was briefed that not only was intentional disclosure of a classified document a crime, but so was negligence in handling classified documents. The above was read to me verbatim. I was also provided the following examples:

1) If I left a classified document out, outside of my immediate control, even to go to the restroom, it would be a violation of (f)(1). Ditto if I forgot to return it to the classified document repository at the end of the day, or took it home, or even if I locked it in my own desk drawer, as that was not it's proper, approved secure document container.

2) If I discovered my error after the violation, and "snuck" it back into the secure document safe without reporting it, I would also be violating (f)(2).

3) If I told someone else about the violation, or enlisted their aid in returning the document to the secure safe, and he didn't report me, we would both be violating (g) conspiracy.

4) Each count was a federal felony with up to 10 years in prison and, IIRC, $10,000 fine.

5) This was a one strike and you're out policy. A single violation would result in immediate termination, permanent loss of security clearance, and referral to the authorities for prosecution.

I'm sure Hillary, as Secretary of State, received at least as thorough a briefing as just a peon engineer.

Of course she did, but she's HRC, so she gets all kinds of special privileges and forbearance that no ordinary DOD contractor or active duty military member would ever be afforded, because she's...well...special.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Of course she did, but she's HRC, so she gets all kinds of special privileges and forbearance that no ordinary DOD contractor or active duty military member would ever be afforded, because she's...well...special.

Yup, and not only was she briefed, but repeatedly briefed as to why she could not use her Blackberry, etc. She endured typical security for 3 months, then INTENTIONALLY had a server setup to bypass security protocol. Comey should have been fired before the light bulbs cooled from his July 5th press conference.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ummm... Truman did inform Stalin... at Potsdam.

Using the #RESIST logic, that should have been leaked to the world.

"Explicitly" does have a meaning, ya know. Telling a foreign leader of a "new" weapon with "unusual destructive force," doesn't quite cut it. If Trump had simply said "we have intel that will hinder ISIS operations," that totally A-Ok. Saying "we have intel about ISIS planting bombs in laptop computers and the expected casualty numbers, etc etc" is quite another matter.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So Comey is asked to "let go" of the Flynn investigation (allegedly) and Comey ends up fired. Not a good look Mr. President.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    ccb7a0542011bb38214196980e1d2acde658330e.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup, and not only was she briefed, but repeatedly briefed as to why she could not use her Blackberry, etc. She endured typical security for 3 months, then INTENTIONALLY had a server setup to bypass security protocol. Comey should have been fired before the light bulbs cooled from his July 5th press conference.

Her bypassing security protocol reeks of espionage and back door dealings.

Top Bottom