• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I'm not so sure. The beginnings of global conflicts aren't understood until well into hostilities.

I think it depends on current trends. Just before war historically in nearly every case I could find- going back to the collapse of Rome- economic turmoil was always a factor before war. The markets across the board were in turmoil both before both the 1st and 2nd WW's. Like for example, I just read an article about how Japan is steady building it's military again. Germany is mess, Russia has been flexing it's muscles... don't even get me started on Turkey- Erdoğan could well be the next genocidal maniac in modern times and time will tell. The whole middle east debacle, N.Korea, Iran.... I know it's cliché to say but history does have a history of repeating itself.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    I just don’t see WW3 happening and here is why the world economy would spare no country, everybody is to intertwined, yes even China and Russia. There isn’t a country out there that could stand alone once the trigger is pulled. Even China is now ready to tell North Korea to stand down going as far as sitting down with the Philippines and Japan to make this happen. Our biggest threat is Iran because they aren’t as $$$ driven they are fanaticals and if they ever achieve their goal it will be game on. N.Korea will back down because they can’t stand against us without china and china can’t afford to loose their cash cow (United States). History can repeat itself but the world is a much different place then it was then. Just my opinion and like something else we all have one.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I just don’t see WW3 happening and here is why the world economy would spare no country, everybody is to intertwined, yes even China and Russia. There isn’t a country out there that could stand alone once the trigger is pulled. Even China is now ready to tell North Korea to stand down going as far as sitting down with the Philippines and Japan to make this happen. Our biggest threat is Iran because they aren’t as $$$ driven they are fanaticals and if they ever achieve their goal it will be game on. N.Korea will back down because they can’t stand against us without china and china can’t afford to loose their cash cow (United States). History can repeat itself but the world is a much different place then it was then. Just my opinion and like something else we all have one.

I hope your correct about North Korea, but I have my doubts and they are well founded. I don't see how a force even as powerful as China can control a madman hell bent on doing insane things. And the leadership of NK is anything but sane. If you will recall the Cuban missile crisis the Russians later told us that they had lost all control of the operational nukes aimed at the U.S. and without doubt we in the interview I watched featuring the actual soviet officers on site in Cuba at the time and they said without doubt the Cubans were prepared to launch the nukes if they felt pushed far enough by America.

I don't see how the situation is any more stable in N.K. except as far as we know N.K. doesn't have nukes that can reach the U.S. yet, but if they have them they can easily be deployed to S.K. And last I read N.K. has more pieces of artillery aimed at S.K. than we have troops in the country.

With Putin doing what ever he wishes, ISIS and similar Muslim terror organizations committing war crimes and making war all over the middle east, all of which is going on without any real action by us as under nObama we are no longer to be feared as a military force in the middle east, far east, Aisa, or even Europe for that matter, the end of which is countries who once could count on us a allies who had their back both militarily as well as economically now feel we have abandoned them and they are on their own facing all these threats ever growing in power, capability and willingness to wage war.

Bottom line IMHO, thanks largely to nObama America is no longer respected and forget about feared by our enemies, not even in the least, which is why I am so concerned about N.K. if a country with a huge army and air force ruled by a ruthless dictator no longer fears America even a little, all bets are off.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it depends on current trends. Just before war historically in nearly every case I could find- going back to the collapse of Rome- economic turmoil was always a factor before war. The markets across the board were in turmoil both before both the 1st and 2nd WW's. Like for example, I just read an article about how Japan is steady building it's military again. Germany is mess, Russia has been flexing it's muscles... don't even get me started on Turkey- Erdoğan could well be the next genocidal maniac in modern times and time will tell. The whole middle east debacle, N.Korea, Iran.... I know it's cliché to say but history does have a history of repeating itself.

War, and rumors of war.

See you at Har Megiddo!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Literally all it would take would be for one of these crazy guys to start making belligerent moves and then WHAM!
    You're right, of course. Opsec is very important now. One careless whisper could ruin everything.

It would be sad if this might be the last Christmas for freedom, but its possible.

Just wake me up before you go go.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    American media isn't reporting, but Russia has amassed 40,000 troops at Ukraine's border. You can't maintain a force like that for long

There is a complete New Moon (no bright light in the evening sky) on September 1. Perfect for nighttime military action.

Putin has cleared his schedule for this week & is NOT coming to UN GenAssembly meeting in Sept

Count on an "incident" or Moscow terror attack in the next 36 hours.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    American media isn't reporting, but Russia has amassed 40,000 troops at Ukraine's border. You can't maintain a force like that for long

There is a complete New Moon (no bright light in the evening sky) on September 1. Perfect for nighttime military action.

Putin has cleared his schedule for this week & is NOT coming to UN GenAssembly meeting in Sept

Ok. If this happens, I don't have nearly enough tin foil. :D

I knew about the troop buildup, but those other coincidences, if true, are... too coincidental.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37243434

Apparently they had increased shelling up until midnight, now a complete ceasefire for the time being.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    More sabre rattling from the powers that be. This time from the US Army chief.

Army Chief Issues Stark Warning to Potential Enemies | Military.com

This, following Russia's nationwide civil defence drill, might lead some to think that there are people out there thinking conflict between the US and Russia is warranted for some reason. Looks like the MIC is flexing their muscles again. Must not have been a very profitable decade for them.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes there is, you don't go past it when you hit the ball off the tee.
    That raises a good point.

When golfing, do Obama's buddies tee up in front of the line? Really, what's he gonna do?

Obama: Dude, you can't tee up that far.
    Dude: Why not?
    Obama: There's a line. A line between the markers. You can't tee up in front of it.
    Dude: Oh yeah, that line? Like the one in Syria? I'll tee up where I [beepin] want to tee up [beep]er [beep]er.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That raises a good point.

When golfing, do Obama's buddies tee up in front of the line? Really, what's he gonna do?

Obama: Dude, you can't tee up that far.
    Dude: Why not?
    Obama: There's a line. A line between the markers. You can't tee up in front of it.
    Dude: Oh yeah, that line? Like the one in Syria? I'll tee up where I [beepin] want to tee up [beep]er [beep]er.

You can almost see him standing there looking at his own shoelaces.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom