• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    You're going to have to be much more specific about who "we" are, and which "this thing" you're talking about.

WAY too many permutations.
    "We" the USA we have a very poor track record for most of the past decade for being on the wrong side of nearly all of our interventions."This Thing"is getting on a cold war stance against Russia,over a country which we helped to destabilize ,and opened the door for them.Let em have it.What?Are we going to spill American blood to create another MidEast DEMOCRATIC puppet regime? Troll on......

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "We" the USA we have a very poor track record for most of the past decade for being on the wrong side of nearly all of our interventions."This Thing"is getting on a cold war stance against Russia,over a country which we helped to destabilize ,and opened the door for them.Let em have it.What?Are we going to spill Amarican blood to create another MidEast puppet regime? Troll on......

I'm sorry you thought I was trolling. I really wasn't.

The US has had abjectly and objectively failed foreign policy for the 8 years of Obama's administration. I absolutely agree with that.

A Cold War is generally better than a hot war against a nuclear power. So, I guess we're on the right side of that. Joining Russia isn't really "joining." Putin would run the show - particularly with this administration. So, I think we're on the right side of a Cold War with Russia. The problem is, we're not winning (by all appearances).

Part of the reason I asked was that I wasn't sure if you were talking about the Ukraine (the original topic) or Syria or Daesh in terms of side-taking by the US or NATO or some coalition of countries.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I apologize.I was speaking of the possible intervention in Syria.Hillary said last night no boots would be on the ground in Syria.Thanshe said she would use Special Forces........Russia told us to not cross it's line.I think they mean it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh yeah. If Putin says there's a red line that ought not be crossed, he pretty much means it. And really, he probably means don't even come close to the line. Don't look at the line. If you look at the line, he'll move it further towards where he wants to end up.

At this point, I think we have to cede Syria to Russia's sphere of influence and start looking to bolster some other countries as proxies. Yeah, reliving dangerous history isn't much fun, but that's where we are IMHO.

It is either that or cede the entire ME to Russia.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IMHO, they would do much better at fighting Daesh.

But, Putin would be far less magnanimous about the oil. With every ME conflict, we (the US) has pretty much let the nation of origin of the oil control it. We haven't really taken any advantage that we could've.

Russia already controls huge swaths of fossil fuel delivery to Europe. Giving him control (either direct or by proxy) over ME oil seems a very bad idea.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All this because hillary's no.1 campaign priority is regime change in one of Russia's ally states.

This is completely unacceptable insanity, hillary should be in jail for attempting to incite nuclear war.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is a complicated issue.

I read a Russian-based report on this that put it more into the Russian culture-war context. There's a long tradition of the oligarchs and elite sending their kids abroad to study. Some of them even pull an Evan Bayh and live abroad while keeping an appropriately affluent local address in Moscow or St. Petersburg. Every so often, they are told to come back and bring their kids with them.

This is not to say one reason is more factual than the other - quite the opposite. There is enough of a cultural smokescreen for this to be fairly innocent, or it could be very ominous. Here's hoping it is more of the former than the latter, though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm sure we'll have a new ======================================================================================================== any minute, now

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Things seem to be escalating quickly or maybe I am just not paying attention like I thought I was.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom