• ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I believe so.

I think you're mistaking the plane breaking up for lights.

The plane is falling apart as it's falling to the ground, in the video. Images of the crash site have been released and there's nothing left of anything bigger than your forearm.

I dont believe in coincidence when they are this close in proximity and involve missiles and planes. They shot it down. It will come out. Not the first passenger jet Iran has shot down.

It stokes some conspiracy theories for me, but that might be too on the nose for this forum.
    You could not have a worse situation for Iran than this, after what just transpired tonight. They stand to gain nothing from this.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Put yourself in Irans shoes. They're terrified of us. They dont want war with us. Russia probably told them they're on their own.

They set off some fireworks, pretend to win, and cower away.

We're the big ****ing dog that they dont want to bite them.
    I think the targeted killing of Soleimani sent a strong strategic message to Iran that they were'nt expecting and it set them back on their heels. That's why I think it was a good move. Iran had to know at that point that Trump is serious and would not hesitate to inflict major damage to Iran if there were to be American casulities incurred in retaliation and I think it metered their response.

It made Iran stop and think about the potential.consequences for a change if nothing else. Trump should take advantage of that going forward dealing with Iran from a position of strength which is right where we want to be.

That right there is the opportunity to prevent a war that Trump was referring too if he plays his cards right it and will have been a brilliant move IMO.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

The plane is falling apart as it's falling to the ground, in the video. Images of the crash site have been released and there's nothing left of anything bigger than your forearm.

Probably air lock in the fuel system. :rolleyes:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Iran is only annoying in so far as a few decades ago we jumped on the arab side on the Arab-Persian divide. We could just have easily been holding the Anglo-Persian oil company leash instead of Aramco and we'd be in a totally different state of affairs.
    Honestly I'd think if all else were even americans would get along better with shiit persians than the sunni arabs. For whatever that's worth.
    IIRC the mullahs nationalized all the infidel's assets

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

It stokes some conspiracy theories for me, but that might be too on the nose for this forum.
    You could not have a worse situation for Iran than this, after what just transpired tonight. They stand to gain nothing from this.
    There's no conspiracy theory to it. They are incompetent morons with weapons of destruction that should be killed

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There's no conspiracy theory to it. They are incompetent morons with weapons of destruction that should be killed

Is that why they notified the US base before they sent missiles at it, to make sure there were no US casualties?

C'mon dude, they aren't that dumb.

BTW, here's the flight path:
    uZfwdE8.jpg

It went down 3 minutes after taking off from Tehran.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    IIRC the mullahs nationalized all the infidel's assets

The guy who did the nationalizing was relatively secular. The Brits are the ones who really ****ed up refusing to give Iranians a fair shake for their oil where america treated saudi Arabia better and were splitting profits 50/50. America just got drug into it because the Brits got kicked out of the country and they needed the CIA to do their coup. If we had just told churchill to **** off with his empire it wouldn't have shaken out like it did.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Is that why they notified the US base before they sent missiles at it, to make sure there were no US casualties?

C'mon dude, they aren't that dumb.

BTW, here's the flight path:
    uZfwdE8.jpg

It went down 3 minutes after taking off from Tehran.

They notified Iraq. Really, they did. They would have had to know we would know.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That can’t possibly be right. I simply refuse to believe that Iran can mobilize and be effective that quickly.

I doubt any military could sneak in missiles, set them up, arrange an attack plan.. in that quick a time.
    Maybe from within their borders, but from another country.

No, those missiles were there for "other purposes".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Praying_Mantis
    Operation Praying Mantis

By the end of the operation, U.S. air and surface units had sunk, or severely damaged, half of Iran's operational fleet.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1988-04-19-mn-1394-story.html
    U.S. Sinks or Damages 6 Iran Ships in Persian Gulf Clashes : Tehran Strikes Back After Oil Rig Shellings

After ordering U.S. naval units to destroy the oil platforms in the southern gulf, in what he described as a “measured response” to renewed Iranian mining of the gulf that damaged a U.S. frigate last week, President Reagan declared:“We’ve taken this action to make certain the Iranians have no illusions about the cost of irresponsible behavior. We aim to deter further Iranian aggression, not provoke it.”

Iranians OutgunnedThe fighting left an Iranian frigate crippled and ablaze, another frigate heavily damaged and under tow and a patrol boat sunk. In addition, three small speedboats, typically used by Iranian Revolutionary Guards to launch rocket attacks on gulf shipping and known as Boghammars, were attacked by U.S. forces, with one sunk and two others heavily damaged.
    The overall Iranian force is badly outgunned by the 25 to 30 warships that the U.S. Navy has been deploying in and around the gulf, Pentagon officials said.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Iranian official tells state television that his country can hit a hundred other American targets if the Trump Administration retaliates.

This is one of the few times I really do have a worry when it comes to Trump's attitude. Maybe I'm pessimistic and just think he's the type to ignore the "win" and take this bait. Or, alternatively, maybe he's surrounded by far smarter people that realize this is an empty threat, and the best course of action is inaction.

Top Bottom