• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    It would be so nice to finally take care of Iran, they are so annoying. But, it does sound like they "tempered" their response to try and avoid a massive retaliation. Still want to hear final damage and injury report though. Interesting to see Trump's response, I can't guess what he'll do.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Trump walks away, into congress in the morning, “Here you go Nancy, you make the call.” Trump wins twice.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    izvwSVp.png

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The biggest thing in all this is now POTUS is in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. What happens next can definitely determine the election. This is, unfortunately, a giant political mess. While a massive strike would appeal to half the US population, diplomatic sanctions and such and "staying out of it" would please the other half.

I think I figured out a way POTUS can fix this though, in typical DJT fashion - with a tweet:

@Iran @Khomeini @Soupemeini You guys call that an attack? LOLZ. You blew up a shack and a portopotty. I'm not even going to waste taxpayer-money to teach you a lesson. Oh yeah, BTW, your oil is now worthless outside of your country. Look! I'm creating jobs (I hear you have openings for military Generals) and saving taxpayer money!! #Winning #Embargo #Blockade #Sanctions

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It would be so nice to finally take care of Iran, they are so annoying.

Iran is only annoying in so far as a few decades ago we jumped on the arab side on the Arab-Persian divide. We could just have easily been holding the Anglo-Persian oil company leash instead of Aramco and we'd be in a totally different state of affairs.
    Honestly I'd think if all else were even americans would get along better with shiit persians than the sunni arabs. For whatever that's worth.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    BJ3ZvtY.png

Iran is only annoying in so far as a few decades ago we jumped on the arab side on the Arab-Persian divide. We could just have easily been holding the Anglo-Persian oil company leash instead of Aramco and we'd be in a totally different state of affairs.
    Honestly I'd think if all else were even americans would get along better with shiit persians than the sunni arabs. For whatever that's worth.

And that is precisely why I don't want the US engaging in nation building with Iran.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Trump needs to go to congress in the morning, and let the democrats go on record with what they want to do.

He killed a terrorist this week, and the democrats and Hollywood have been flying the Iranian flag ever since, while stomping on ours.

When I heard about the attack a little while ago, I was betting the Tomahawks were being prepped for flight. I hope he lets the democrats try to surrender before he retaliates. America needs to see who they are.

Pretty much what Obama did. He never wanted to intervene in Syria, so he went to Congress and forced them to formally turn down the opportunity to intervene. Thus, taking the wind out of the sails of anyone who would criticize him or call him cowardly. If Trump actually wants to avoid war, a good way to do it is to allow Congress to feel like they're rebuking him by formally voting to not stand up to Iranian aggression. They get their propaganda victory to keep their people from putting their heads on spikes, Trump gets to blame the Democrats for making the country weak, we quietly return to planning for withdrawal from Iraq.

The downside of this is that next time around, Iran feels they can get away with killing some people instead of just testing the missile defenses.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Did the Duck Hunters get to shoot at something?

They don’t get to do that much and get all excited patting themselves on the back!

I mentioned before that Iran’s industry relies on water from about 42 dam’s and Iran is in a severe water crisis just saying!

Can I bug out to Canada ?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Did the Duck Hunters get to shoot at something?

They don’t get to do that much and get all excited patting themselves on the back!

I mentioned before that Iran’s industry relies on water from about 42 dam’s and Iran is in a severe water crisis just saying!

Can I bug out to Canada ?

As mentioned upthread, I think it has to be military targets. But it's a great idea.

Top Bottom