• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Iranian official tells state television that his country can hit a hundred other American targets if the Trump Administration retaliates.

This is one of the few times I really do have a worry when it comes to Trump's attitude. Maybe I'm pessimistic and just think he's the type to ignore the "win" and take this bait. Or, alternatively, maybe he's surrounded by far smarter people that realize this is an empty threat, and the best course of action is inaction.

Going off of his tweet, I'm assuming cooler heads locked him in a closet until he came to his senses.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Iranian official tells state television that his country can hit a hundred other American targets if the Trump Administration retaliates.

This is one of the few times I really do have a worry when it comes to Trump's attitude. Maybe I'm pessimistic and just think he's the type to ignore the "win" and take this bait. Or, alternatively, maybe he's surrounded by far smarter people that realize this is an empty threat, and the best course of action is inaction.
    Are you truly afraid of iran? Were you afraid of iraq when they were talking the same smack?
    Hard to fire anything when we take away your capabilities to communicate

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are you truly afraid of iran? Were you afraid of iraq when they were talking the same smack?
    Hard to fire anything when we take away your capabilities to communicate

Why are you so scared of them that you keep calling to murder civilians and glass the country?
    I dont have a problem killing millions of psychopaths.
    I truly believe we will see bombs or missiles strike Tehran within the year

Calm down, John McCain.

Time to level iran. They attacked U.S. soil period. Wheres that old beach boys song?
    Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran
    "Bombing of Iran begins in 15 minutes"

[video=youtube;o-zoPgv_nYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg[/video]

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Trump is showing a calculated restraint now due to the fact that there doesn't appear to be any US casualties and he tweeted so and decided not to take any action at this time evidenced by the fact that he said a statement would be forth coming in the morning. We'll just have to see what he says then.

No need for further escalation at this point. Now if there would have been casualties then there would have already been an immediate retaliatory response by now to take out the threat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think Trump is showing a calculated restraint now due to the fact that there doesn't appear to be any US casualties and he tweeted so and decided not to take any action at this time evidenced by the fact that he said a statement would be forth coming in the morning. We'll just have to see what he says then.

No need for further escalation at this point. Now if there would have been casualties then there would have already been an immediate retaliatory response by now to take out the threat.

I thought Trump issued a “red line” vowing to attack 50 something sites if Iran retaliated. Iran crosses it so....?
    People criticized Obama for Assad crossing his “red line,” and the targets weren’t even American.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I thought Trump issued a “red line” vowing to attack 50 something sites if Iran retaliated. Iran crosses it so....?
    People criticized Obama for Assad crossing his “red line,” and the targets weren’t even American.

I think with 0 Americans killed by the strike, some under the table geopolitics happened to keep this from becoming a real war. Just like we did with Syria.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So you wanted Trump to retaliate even though there were apparently no US casualties? The whole point was about Trump exhibiting restraint when people were'nt so sure that he was capable of doing so.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    [FONT=&amp] Iranian state television said on Wednesday that at least 80 "American terrorists" were killed in attacks[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp] You know that's a damn lie based on the lack of an immediate response.[/FONT]

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I think with 0 Americans killed by the strike, some under the table geopolitics happened to keep this from becoming a real war. Just like we did with Syria.

My read as well. Lives are lives, hardware is only hardware. Zero casualties is an opportunity to play the bigger man, and lost stuff doesn't carry the moral mandate to retaliate with lethal force. The opportunity should be taken, unfortunately with 180 people dead in a passenger aircraft that appears to have been blown out of the sky by an Iranian SAM, all bets for tomorrow are off.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My read as well. Lives are lives, hardware is only hardware. Zero casualties is an opportunity to play the bigger man, and lost stuff doesn't carry the moral mandate to retaliate with lethal force. The opportunity should be taken, unfortunately with 180 people dead in a passenger aircraft that appears to have been blown out of the sky by an Iranian SAM, all bets for tomorrow are off.

Let the country of origin for those dead people use their own military to strike back. Why does the US have to be everyone’s police force?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Mullahs took a 300 yard shot with a 12 gauge to save face. Iran is a world-leader in jailing journalists so their people will hear what they want them to hear.

Ukrainian aircraft: RIP 180+ lost souls. At this point I'd say 35% SAM, 65% bad maintenance/corrupt inspector paid off.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another way to look at it: the Iranians killed more people with funerals than with missiles.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Mullahs took a 300 yard shot with a 12 gauge to save face. Iran is a world-leader in jailing journalists so their people will hear what they want them to hear.

Ukrainian aircraft: RIP 180+ lost souls. At this point I'd say 35% SAM, 65% bad maintenance/corrupt inspector paid off.

So far all I've heard this morning is indicating it was mechanical issues that caused the plane crash. Not really surprising given Boeing's recent history.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So far all I've heard this morning is indicating it was mechanical issues that caused the plane crash. Not really surprising given Boeing's recent history.

There's not may mechanical issues, particularly in the 737's track record, that make an aircraft abruptly vanish from radar at 8,000 feet, burst into a fireball, and immediately cease transponder broadcast. All of which are consistent with being blown out of the sky by a SAM.

Iran's government, Iranian media, and Russian media were dubbing it "mechanical failure" within 2 hours of the crash, long before they could have any evidence whatsoever to support that claim. Iran has impounded the black boxes according to Reuters and says they will not be releasing them to Boeing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...failure-as-cause-of-plane-crash-idUSKBN1Z71IO

The Ukraine embassy backtracked the "engine failure" claim.

Top Bottom