• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Every country has a “cia” playing geopolitical games. This isn’t new.

And in a world like today’s we can’t just keep to our borders. We have embassies in almost every country. The world is connected now. To pretend we can just sit in our own country and worry about America is naive. It isn’t our fault they decided to attack us, regardless of where we are in the world. Just because we are over there doesn’t give them a freebie to attack us without consequence. That kinda attitude is exactly why they’ve been doing this. They don’t expect retaliation.

An embassy in a country that we invaded, destroyed, and rebuilt, that has just told us to leave. After a 2 decade war over aluminium pipes on the side of the road, "yellow cake," and actors in the senate talking about taking babies out of incubators and throwing them on the ground.

A country that decided they no longer align with the US politically, and have opted to go with Iran.

And no, they completely expect retaliation. For pennies they can get us to spend billions pursuing them, because we won't stop, and we won't let it go.
    They saw how Iraq almost broke our back with endless war, and want to drag us into Iraq 2.0.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    An embassy in a country that we invaded, destroyed, and rebuilt, that has just told us to leave. After a 2 decade war over aluminium pipes on the side of the road, "yellow cake," and actors in the senate talking about taking babies out of incubators and throwing them on the ground.

A country that decided they no longer align with the US politically, and have opted to go with Iran.

And no, they completely expect retaliation. For pennies they can get us to spend billions pursuing them, because we won't stop, and we won't let it go.
    They saw how Iraq almost broke our back with endless war, and want to drag us into Iraq 2.0.

Regardless if they just asked us to leave, that’s irrelevant to the situation. We were attacked. We have every right to, and should, retaliate.

And i very highly doubt their reasoning for attacking us is to drag us into an endless war. You really think the leaders want the same fate as the (ex) leadership of Iraq? They’re no different than Korea. They want to flex their muscles to seem relevant in the world, they provoke and play their games knowing that we won’t retaliate. Welp, enough is enough. Time to show them we aren’t going to take it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Regardless if they just asked us to leave, that’s irrelevant to the situation. We were attacked. We have every right to, and should, retaliate.

And i very highly doubt their reasoning for attacking us is to drag us into an endless war. You really think the leaders want the same fate as the (ex) leadership of Iraq? They’re no different than Korea. They want to flex their muscles to seem relevant in the world, they provoke and play their games knowing that we won’t retaliate. Welp, enough is enough. Time to show them we aren’t going to take it.

I don't think they bank on the same fate.
    China and Russia have started joint military exercises with Iranian military.

I can promise you this, there is no way Russia is going to surrender that port in the event this gets heated.

At this point, my bet is that Iran uses a proxy to lob some missiles at Israel or they go after some oil freighters, with Russian support to prevent retaliation and wait to see if the US will blink.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't think they bank on the same fate.
    China and Russia have started joint military exercises with Iranian military.

I can promise you this, there is no way Russia is going to surrender that port in the event this gets heated.

Why would Russia have to surrender the port? Our beef isn’t with Russia. We haven’t had any issues in Syria with them. I doubt they would get involved, they don’t want war with us anymore than we do with them

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why would Russia have to surrender the port? Our beef isn’t with Russia. We haven’t had any issues in Syria with them. I doubt they would get involved, they don’t want war with us anymore than we do with them

If we posed a serious threat of invasion, that would threaten Russia's strategic access to the persian corridor.
    I don't think Russia is going to give that up without getting involved, which is why I'm fairly certain they would get involved.
    If we took the region, Russia's naval access would be pretty well cut off.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If we posed a serious threat of invasion, that would threaten Russia's strategic access to the persian corridor.
    I don't think Russia is going to give that up without getting involved, which is why I'm fairly certain they would get involved.
    If we took the region, Russia's naval access would be pretty well cut off.
    The entire reason they took Crimea was for the port. They aren’t going to get in a war with a superpower over retaliation to Iran being stupid. Deep down you have to know this.

And again, it would have no effect on their ability to use the port. We wouldn’t be targeting Russia. If there were a problem it would be Iran’s doings, not ours. We coexist in Syria just fine without going to war with each other. If that’s your reasoning for letting Iran attack us without consequence that’s a horrible excuse. No country should get away with attacking Americans without retaliation

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So no real defense here of the "cultural sites" thing?

Finally, a Trump-thing that seems actually indefensible.

It's all indefensible, after this long we should have learned our lesson with the 2 decade war in Iraq that nothing we do is going to change anything.

Not only that, but it's hard for me to really see Iran as a credible threat when they say civilians are off the table, while OUR OWN COUNTRY in Virginia has implied they're willing to use nuclear weapons on the civilian population, as well as bring in the national guard to kill gun owners. The VA government seems like a far more clear and present danger to me than Iran does.

But hey it's all fine and good to will death to people that will never have any bearing on your life, while those who want to take your life are off limits.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

The conflict is cultural. Taking out historically inflammatory sites is like deep sixing Osama so they've got nothing left to look at and jihad about. Not that their insanity will stop but it's one less cultural icon to rave over. I could give a rats ass about their culture and would burn it to the ground.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The conflict is cultural. Taking out historically inflammatory sites is like deep sixing Osama so they've got nothing left to look at and jihad about. Not that their insanity will stop but it's one less cultural icon to rave over. I could give a rats ass about their culture and would burn it to the ground.

Many of the cultural sites in the area pre-date Islam. Remember when ISIS was destroying cultural sites because they were of “pagan” origin?
    The president’s suggestion that we engage in such tactics not only is distasteful, but has no military significance. It’s simply evil.
    Even the Japanese, during WW2, had a policy of trying to persevere cultural sites.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not to suit our own pride. We aren’t doing it for no reason. Where did anyone say that?

If they **** with us, we blow them up. How does that have anything to do with suiting our own pride? Sounds to me like self preservation. Eventually they’ll learn not to blow up our embassies.

Its not not an issue of pride. It’s an issue of defending innocent Americans from being killed and showing them we aren’t gonna sit back and do nothing when it happens.

I don't think he's listening.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I could really give 2 cent about the entire mess. Nothing I do or say or feel means a thing in all of this.
    Are there innocent people over there.....????? I am sure some are truly family oriented and care but the entire mess is way past saving.

Green glass...….that is a stretch of course. On 9/12 I would have been OK with that. Now, not so much.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaker Pelosi says House will soon vote on war powers resolution regarding Iran: "We are concerned that the admin. took this action without the consultation of Congress and without respect for Congress’s war powers granted to it by the Constitution."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Speaker Pelosi says House will soon vote on war powers resolution regarding Iran: "We are concerned that the admin. took this action without the consultation of Congress and without respect for Congress’s war powers granted to it by the Constitution."

The house is full of traitors.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just seems like silly posturing. Each and every one of them know the actions against these guys are legit and justified. They just have to put up the illusion of "resisting" Trump.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If China was flying drones over the US regularly and attempting gun boat diplomacy against the US, I would be in favor of slapping them back too.

So I don't really blame Iran for feeling the way they do, do you comprehend how much the CIA was messed with that country? We stoked a coup in their country and installed a Shah in 1953, overthrowing their democratically elected government in favor of, effectively, a dictatorship. (Operation Ajax)

Their government is always going to fuss and pound their chest, just like all despots do.

Who do you think those "Rebels" were? If you actually bother to dig a bit, you'll see they were pretty much all radical islamists and ISIS members. This fact isn't really expressed to the American people because they would understandably be upset that we were funding them.

Can find plenty of videos online of these "Rebels" cutting the hearts out of Assad's men and eating them on camera. Nice folks.
    You should look into a couple treaties we have with other countries regarding surveillance. I think you may be surprised.

Top Bottom