• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Define “they”, because if you’ve been there, “they” want freedom, “they” want Levi’s, “they” want to be free to speak their mind without fear of swift and cruel reprisal, “they” want to listen to hip hop, “they” actually like the American/Coalition troops. There are a few select holdouts that want “them” to stay in the Stone Age, and THAT is who we are fighting.

Seems if this were the case it wouldn't be that hard to set up a democracy and let them run with it. I was under the impression if left to vote they end up with Sunni islamist leadership.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And when does this cycle end?

Not in my life time.
    I and many others are the same in this life. **** with me or mine and yes we will **** you the hell up. That is the way of things I guess.

How would anyone accomplish ending this when the entire world is, well, the place that it currently is.
    If everyone could and would keep to themselves and stop ****ing with others we would stand a chance. I include all of us in this.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not in my life time.
    I and many others are the same in this life. **** with me or mine and yes we will **** you the hell up. That is the way of things I guess.

How would anyone accomplish ending this when the entire world is, well, the place that it currently is.
    If everyone could and would keep to themselves and stop ****ing with others we would stand a chance. I include all of us in this.

Or you can simply give the world the middle finger and enjoy your national wealth with your citizens, close the borders, deploy the navy to protect the borders, and celebrate for eternity.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Had we not pursued containment of communism when we did, do you think we would be celebrating within our borders now?

There are more similarities between the real world and a game of Risk than you're willing to admit

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Had we not pursued containment of communism when we did, do you think we would be celebrating within our borders now?

There are more similarities between the real world and a game of Risk than you're willing to admit

Oh, you think communism was going to be successful?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As long as they could keep taking additional territory and enslaving more people, yes - successful in that limited sense but still a danger to the west. Particularly if we were the only west left standing

Only recently have we come anywhere near being self sufficient in oil. Cobalt, Vanadium, Titanium, Beryllium, Molybdenum etc etc

Remember that Japan in the 30s example you were huffing and puffing about

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As long as they could keep taking additional territory and enslaving more people, yes - successful in that limited sense but still a danger to the west. Particularly if we were the only west left standing

Only recently have we come anywhere near being self sufficient in oil. Cobalt, Vanadium, Titanium, Beryllium, Molybdenum etc etc

Remember that Japan in the 30s example you were huffing and puffing about

We are the world's largest exporter of oil.

We have a naval force that could, in no uncertain terms, literally take on the combined naval force of the world and win.

We have 2 gigantic oceans separating us from our enemies.

Almost all of our citizens are well armed and independent.

Anything being a serious threat to us, if we used our budget solely for defense, is a comical thought. (As long as we keep our borders closed)

Not to mention, almost all of our modern day headaches are due to the CIA playing geopolitical games. No major power wants to risk war with the level of trade reliance they have. Only smaller powers can afford to commit to such a course of action, and those actors mostly only care about us leaving their region alone.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In other words, level every country on the face of the planet to suit our own pride. (Unless it's Israel, I'm sure)

Sane and rational, nice work.

Not to suit our own pride. We aren’t doing it for no reason. Where did anyone say that?

If they **** with us, we blow them up. How does that have anything to do with suiting our own pride? Sounds to me like self preservation. Eventually they’ll learn not to blow up our embassies.

Its not not an issue of pride. It’s an issue of defending innocent Americans from being killed and showing them we aren’t gonna sit back and do nothing when it happens.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    We are the world's largest exporter of oil.

We have a naval force that could, in no uncertain terms, literally take on the combined naval force of the world and win.

We have 2 gigantic oceans separating us from our enemies.

Almost all of our citizens are well armed and independent.

Anything being a serious threat to us, if we used our budget solely for defense, is a comical thought. (As long as we keep our borders closed)

Not to mention, almost all of our modern day headaches are due to the CIA playing geopolitical games. No major power wants to risk war with the level of trade reliance they have. Only smaller powers can afford to commit to such a course of action, and those actors mostly only care about us leaving their region alone.

Every country has a “cia” playing geopolitical games. This isn’t new.

And in a world like today’s we can’t just keep to our borders. We have embassies in almost every country. The world is connected now. To pretend we can just sit in our own country and worry about America is naive. It isn’t our fault they decided to attack us, regardless of where we are in the world. Just because we are over there doesn’t give them a freebie to attack us without consequence. That kinda attitude is exactly why they’ve been doing this. They don’t expect retaliation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That depends on how you look at it. If American soldiers are attacked abroad, then I consider that an attack on America. So I simply am using the same logic applied to Iran. You may disagree, and that’s fine.
    Nevermind the gist of Trumps point, was that Obama would start something with Iran to gain a political boon. So the hypocrisy is still evident.

He's a wanted terrorist. He's been warned by the international community not to leave Iran. He's a target of interest. Attacking him is not attacking Iran. That's all I said about it. If you want to make of it more than it is, you can. But you'd be wrong. Again.

Top Bottom