• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Whose son are you going to put on the ground in Iran? Yours?

The last major tank battle we engaged in was in 91 (Battle of 73 Easting, Kuwait). We did great against the Republican Guard. But Iran is not a desert. It is also 3 to 4 times as large as Iraq. And it has allies.

A ground war in Iran is a non-starter. We'd need a much larger military. We'd also need a moral justification.

It's a loser.

ZVB92xK.png
    If the war, which is ongoing, escalates into open conventional war with iran, what would be the objective that would require occupying iran? If it's regime change, the iranian people are opposed to the current regime and it would only be neccessary to focus attacks on the IRGC, the political leaders--and their nuclear weapons facilities while we're at it--and it would fall. Doing that could probably be accomplished with missiles. The only reason for occupation would be to repeat the mistakes of afghanistan and iraq, and try to control the form of government that would replace it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's cowardly to keep picking fights with countries we can level in 24 hours, and pretending that we're "big boys" because of it.
    Meanwhile ignoring the plight of those who are being annexed, like Chrimea, because we fear actually fighting a nation that isn't entirely backwards.
    Really?
    Picking fights?
    Are you aware of what Iran is responsible for? They've been the free roaming bad kid and everyone just lets them get away with it while they kill millions.
    They attacked us first. We killed the organizer of that attack and many past ones. I think it was a very appropriate response. If iran wants to attack again then they will suffer greatly.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is a war we don’t need. The best way to keep it from happening is to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq – a nation where the government no longer wants us, and which has allied itself the virulently anti-American regime next door in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
    The truth is that we have no vital U.S. interest in Iraq and there is nothing there worth fighting for.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-kent-to-prevent-us-iran-war-we-must-withdraw-from-iraq
    I want out of Iraq. But now isn't the time to tuck tail and run. We will finish this first.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Really?
    Picking fights?
    Are you aware of what Iran is responsible for? They've been the free roaming bad kid and everyone just lets them get away with it while they kill millions.
    They attacked us first. We killed the organizer of that attack and many past ones. I think it was a very appropriate response. If iran wants to attack again then they will suffer greatly.

You seem to keep forgetting that Iraq was the one harboring these people. The government WE created after we destroyed their country. Even the government WE created wants us out and is bringing in Iranians and letting them attack our embassies.

I want out of Iraq. But now isn't the time to tuck tail and run. We will finish this first.

There will never be a time that you will be okay with. And it isn't tucking tail and running, it's leaving when we're no longer welcome in the country we rebuilt.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    YEP!

They'll just fund some people to do something. Shouldn't be a problem.

It's only a problem when you're on the receiving end. I find it humorous that people actually believe that the smaller weaker force should "play fair" and engage in open battle with larger stronger forces. I can think of some American Revolutionaries who would've found humor in that too.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Please define "Finish"
    What plays out with Iran.
    Ive said it before that we will never be out of Iraq.
    If it was up to me personally we would bring home all of our troops from everywhere.
    I think this idea of endless allies that we are constantly dying for is rediculous. The world will never run out of bad people who need killed.
    Let them all kill each other. If a nation or group wants to come here and kill us then we will strike and kill them. Otherwise I dont believe in all of our troops being scattered all over the globe

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It's only a problem when you're on the receiving end. I find it humorous that people actually believe that the smaller weaker force should "play fair" and engage in open battle with larger stronger forces. I can think of some American Revolutionaries who would've found humor in that too.

So in other words if you can’t beat em cheat em.

Probably a patriots fan too aint ya?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm all for unconventional warfare in war. Obviously we use it too.
    So are we at war with Iran then? If so lets get this over with.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's only a problem when you're on the receiving end. .

tenor.gif

......I find it humorous that people actually believe that the smaller weaker force should "play fair" and engage in open battle with larger stronger forces. I can think of some American Revolutionaries who would've found humor in that too.

So the 9/11 terrorists were just like the founding fathers of America.

giphy.gif

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What plays out with Iran.
    Ive said it before that we will never be out of Iraq.
    If it was up to me personally we would bring home all of our troops from everywhere.
    I think this idea of endless allies that we are constantly dying for is rediculous. The world will never run out of bad people who need killed.
    Let them all kill each other. If a nation or group wants to come here and kill us then we will strike and kill them. Otherwise I dont believe in all of our troops being scattered all over the globe

The time to leave is now, Iraq has demonstrated they hold more loyalty to Iran than they do to the US. The longer we stay there the longer we risk not only starting war with Iran but starting a new war in Iraq. Neither holds treasures for us, and no soldier should be told to die for nothing more than a neocon's pride.

1 American life is worth more than Iraq and Iran combined.

They want us gone. The only real reason we are there was to protect the government we established for them. We should honor their request and leave.

[h=1]Iraqi parliament passes resolution to end foreign troop presence[/h]
    So the 9/11 terrorists were just like the founding fathers of America.

The only difference between a patriot and a terrorist is the side you're viewing them from.

Affecting political change through violence.

ter·ror·ism
    /ˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun

• the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

(I am in no way denigrating or disagreeing with our founding fathers, I hold them in sacred value, this is just how the world works.)

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You guys are too funny.
    We are on the side of all that is good. They are on the side of all that is evil.

Easy-Peasy.
    Keep it simple. :yesway:

I have no problem killing people that want to be killed so badly. Dead evildoers are not martyrs. They're just dead evildoers.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    :rolleyes: Okay so not disavowing every statement we disagree with on INGO means we definitely agree with it.

See. There’s this thing called hyperbole...

As a Trump partisan, I know that not disavowing it fast enough, or in the way the left wants, is tantamount to never disavowing it at all. So I don't bother.

My real problem with it is that BBI has taught me that there are real, good people caught in the country v country blender, and whatever pain discussions like that gives him I regret. Sometimes, though, it dies the quickest death if you just let it run its course

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Talk about poking the bear...

Trump doesn't need to expend a single piece of US ordnance against Iran, all he has to do is provide IAF safe passage across Iraqi airspace.

Misdirection. Israel is still hated on the street because of decades of propaganda. A war with Israel will draw us in to defend them (rightly so) and, the mullahs may hope, inflame a wider, more general conflict

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They dont want to exterminate the jewish people, they want that magic strip of land back. The one they've been fighting over for centuries because the story that sprang out of it really took off.

You are sadly misinformed/uninformed/underinformed

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Misdirection. Israel is still hated on the street because of decades of propaganda. A war with Israel will draw us in to defend them (rightly so) and, the mullahs may hope, inflame a wider, more general conflict

Decades of propaganda? You mean that they put out themselves against themselves?

A friend of ISIS is not a friend of mine:
    oXybxJI.jpg

Top Bottom