• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    That's not treason. It's a **** thing to do to Israel, sure, but it ain't treason.

He's responsible for hundreds of American deaths that weren't even involved with Iran via IEDs and other attacks. Protecting him isn't treason? I know you lick Obama's boots, but this is low even for you.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OpSec indicates that only those with a NEED to know have any awareness to avoid intentional leaks or INADVERTENT signalling that something is up.

Did Obama brief congressional leadership on the Osama bin Laden operation in Pakistan? (I would hope and expect not) And, that had a much longer planning window and opportunities to brief them without an "unplanned" huddle of leaders with the President indicating something is afoot.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Republicans being butt-hurt that they weren't unnecessarily in the loop.

I not saying that the president should've informed the Gang of 8, only that the idea of if he did they would have purposefully leaked it, as being ridiculous.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    You have insider information that allows to conclude that? The idea that Schumer could/would leak that type of information is pretty ridiculous. THAT would be treason. GPIA is right, it comes off as putting the Democrats and Iranians in the same category.

Where is John Kerry in all this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He's responsible for hundreds of American deaths that weren't even involved with Iran via IEDs and other attacks. Protecting him isn't treason? I know you lick Obama's boots, but this is low even for you.

Since youre one of those with Cheeto dust on your lips, you probably shouldn't be throwing stones.
    And no, tipping off Iran, about an Israeli op to kill one of their officials isn't treason. Well, unless Obama was somehow related to Sammy Davis Jr, but even then that's a stretch.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Since youre one of those with Cheeto dust on your lips, you probably shouldn't be throwing stones.
    And no, tipping off Iran, about an Israeli op to kill one of their officials isn't treason. Well, unless Obama was somehow related to Sammy Davis Jr, but even then that's a stretch.

If Israel got the guy years ago we wouldn't be here today.

Do you think obama owning this recent ****up was intentional or unintentional?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I not saying that the president should've informed the Gang of 8, only that the idea of if he did they would have purposefully leaked it, as being ridiculous.

Purposefully leaked? No, I don't buy that... huddling with senior staff to get ahead of the news with their own spin and one of the IT guys noting them googling "who the hell is Soleimani" right after meeting with the President? Yes, I could see something like that.

I would not trust them for one second to leave the briefing room and keep their fat traps shut until after the boom!

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Actively preventing the assassination of a man responsible for hundreds of American deaths is treason. Here it is in black and white for you.

18 U.S. Code § 2381. Treason
    Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Tell me how this doesn't describe what was done in 2015?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's not treason. It's a **** thing to do to Israel, sure, but it ain't treason.

Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

I guess it depends on what your definition of [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] enemies is

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    He's not an Iranian military leader, though, like the media is building him up to be. The official military is the Iranian Army.

Soleimani was a major general of the IRGC, commander of Quds Force... essentially mafias of Ayatollahs and terrorists.
    I think SS vs wehrmacht would be a good analogy

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here it is in black and white for you.

To be fair, it's more of a black-and-tan, depending which INGO theme you're using.

imgres3.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

As ridiculous as an orchestrated plot to paint the duly elected president as a tool of the Russians? 6 ways from Sunday?

I wouldn't trust them with your life

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    And yet the Republicans are in power, and it seems we are steadily losing freedoms. :dunno:
    Yes, both the DNC and GOP are about getting and keeping political power (invariably at our expense). I think Route 45's point is that the DNC has taken a 90deg. turn to the left and are taking policy positions that maduro would support

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And yet the Republicans are in power, and it seems we are steadily losing freedoms. :dunno:

Yeah, but the economy....

Regardless, there was a DOD personnel database hack some time ago that now means there are thousands of "targets of opportunity" for Iran.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actively preventing the assassination of a man responsible for hundreds of American deaths is treason. Here it is in black and white for you.

Tell me how this doesn't describe what was done in 2015?

That's a creative reading to justify you assertion. And yet, it still ain't treason. Preventing an nation from breaking international law to conduct an legally dubious assassination attempt, while in the midst of negotiations with the country the intended-to-be assassinated individual is from? Yeah, not treason.

Here, try and wrap your head around this idea. Lets say that during WW2, the US and Germany were working on a framework to cease hostilities. The US gets wind of a Russian assassination attempt, and FDR tips of the Germans. Is that treason?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think killing solemani--and doing it while he was fomenting chaos in iraq--was tactically important, and the right thing to do.

He was the leader of iran's efforts to destablize and control the whole region:
    *)Arming hezbollah
    *)Arming the houthis in yemen
    *)Attacking oil tankers and saudi oil fields
    *)As the head of the IRGC he was certainly involved in iran's nuclear weapon and missile program
    *)Sending shia militias to iraq to drive out ISIS (and attack sunni civilians) and then make iraq an iranian "sphere of inflluence
    *)Supporting syria in it's civil war and establishing itself there to attack Israel

Anyone complaining about starting or escalating a war, are ignoring that it's already going on. If nothing else, as long as US troops are deployed there, effectively shooting back at our enemies needs to be done.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Al Gore invented Iran.

Jimmuh Carter invented “The Islamic Republic of Iran”.

This after Eisenhower, Churchill, and the Dulles Brothers had Mohammad Mosaddegh overthrown for the benefit of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (and especially for the benefit of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company).

I suppose “Ike” wasn’t yet “woke” to the “military-industrial complex” that he chose to decry on his way out of office, when it could no longer be of any use to him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom