• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For the record, I am very conservative, grew up in the Reagan era, in a red state, and at least Reagan was tolerant of those who disagreed with him. I am disappointed in Trump as you clearly are as well.
    That's all fine and dandy. Don't throw misleading stuff out there as fact though.

As Mike said, the only way a "Clinton" state was penalized over a "Trump" state was the limit on local tax deductions. The Fed shouldn't be subsidizing local taxes anyway. There were those here is Indiana that were negatively impacted by it as well, just not as much as the hardcore blue states like NY, NJ, CA, etc

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think we can all agree that the GOP is going to be completely split and half or more of the faithful will stay home. After this primary is over, they are all going to smell like rotten meat to the other candidates voters. Our only hope is if the Democrats stay home, but I am not going to hold my breath.
    Isn't it amazing that with all the crap coming out of the dem party, it creates no visible signs of battle. That the political battle is on the side that should be united against the crap is just unreal. Half the party just wants to back down and get along the other wants to fight the crap.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's all fine and dandy. Don't throw misleading stuff out there as fact though.

As Mike said, the only way a "Clinton" state was penalized over a "Trump" state was the limit on local tax deductions. The Fed shouldn't be subsidizing local taxes anyway. There were those here is Indiana that were negatively impacted by it as well, just not as much as the hardcore blue states like NY, NJ, CA, etc
    So you are good to pay federal taxes on the money you pay in state tax?

Jeff101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    Carmel, IN
    I think we can all agree that the GOP is going to be completely split and half or more of the faithful will stay home. After this primary is over, they are all going to smell like rotten meat to the other candidates voters. Our only hope is if the Democrats stay home, but I am not going to hold my breath.
    Agreed on the split, not entirely sure on whether they will stay at home. The other side is so evil it tends to bring out the best in us.

If I thought Trump would win on this try, I would vote for him in the primary. He's proven to me that he will do the things I want done in office.
    But his chances of winning seem low enough at this point that I think Desantis is a better bet at taking the white house.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Isn't it amazing that with all the crap coming out of the dem party, it creates no visible signs of battle. That the political battle is on the side that should be united against the crap is just unreal. Half the party just wants to back down and get along the other wants to fight the crap.
    They can fight, but in the end, they almost always stick together.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Sununu and Youngkin... too soon to know anything about them and it would be an "organization" building run anyhow. Would take either of them for Governor over our doofus! Other than that, no idea.
    I saw Sununu on one of the Sunday talking head shows a few weeks ago, and he seemed pleased to announce that he is pro-abortion. A *hard no* for me.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    He comes from a family of CoC limousine liberals…
    Yep. If by some horrible miracle Sununu won the elephant nomination for President, I would defy my own logic, and either vote 3rd party or none of the above. I've never voted for a pro-abortion candidate, and I never will.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Super Bowl of conservative politics is under way in Washington, D.C.

CPAC kicked off with a panel hosted by yours truly – featuring members of the House Freedom Caucus.

A who’s who of conservative stars will be speaking including former President Trump and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

But it’s who’s not speaking or attending that’s making headlines.

Former Vice President Mike Pence is a no-show and so is Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Both men are expected to run for the White House in 2024.

So it’s puzzling why they would snub the most influential gathering of conservatives in the country.

And it’s especially odd for Gov. DeSantis – who has faced withering criticism over his ties to Establishment Republicans like Jeb Bush.

Just last week Bush appeared in a campaign-style video gushing over DeSantis and his Republican credentials. It was clearly an endorsement despite Bush’s protestations to the contrary.

Instead of greeting grassroots conservatives, the governor is going to be on the main stage of the Club for Growth’s super-exclusive retreat for donors in Palm Beach. And he’s scheduled to speak at the same time President Trump greets CPAC attendees — in person.

DeSantis had a choice and he chose the champagne and caviar crowd over the meatloaf and mashed potatoes crowd.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So you are good to pay federal taxes on the money you pay in state tax?
    I'm not good with paying any income tax, but yes. You are taxed on income. That includes what is stolen from you by the state and local governments. You should not pay less federal tax than someone else with the same income because you choose to live somewhere that taxes you more.

Do the state and local taxes give a break for what you pay the Feds?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I saw Sununu on one of the Sunday talking head shows a few weeks ago, and he seemed pleased to announce that he is pro-abortion. A *hard no* for me.
    I had not even looked at Sununu, Jr… good to know. This article during the 2022 race sounds like the governor is a waffler. First supporting/signing a 24-week ban, then wanting changes to it to make it meaningless. Nope!

Reactions: oze

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    DeSantis is going to be turned into a monster by the MSM.

He is already labeled by the left if DeSanits or Tump win it’s a W for Obiden.

While I personally would like them as President I think the reality of a W is in other candidates.

I am judging this on the “red wave” that was not?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep. If by some horrible miracle Sununu won the elephant nomination for President, I would defy my own logic, and either vote 3rd party or none of the above. I've never voted for a pro-abortion candidate, and I never will.

Conversely my friend, the reason we did not win as we should have in the midterms was the extremely strong "women's health" narrative so successfully used by the left.

The mole who released the SCOTUS preliminary docs, forcing a faster decision release, was successful.

If SCOTUS would have decided on Roe after the election, it would have turned out much differerently.

Long story short, we need to downplay the idea of not murdering babies. We certainly need to stick to it, while quietly developing a better narrative.

The left wins on abortion. We need to get our wording better, while back burnering the issue.

:twocents:

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Conversely my friend, the reason we did not win as we should have in the midterms was the extremely strong "women's health" narrative so successfully used by the left.

The mole who released the SCOTUS preliminary docs, forcing a rapid decision release, was successful.

If SCOTUS would have decided after the election, it would have turned out much differerently.

Long story short, we need to downplay the idea of not murdering babies. We certainly need to stick to it, while quietly developing a better narrative.

The left wins on abortion. We need to get our wording better, while back burnering the issue.

:twocents:
    They were never going to decide after the election. The decision was released at the same time it would have been without the leak.

The reason the left wins on abortion is that most people are not absolutists against it. The Ds were able to paint the Rs as absolutists, and they were not able to counter the accusation.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    They were never going to decide after the election. The decision was released at the same time it would have been without the leak.

The reason the left wins on abortion is that most people are not absolutists against it. The Ds were able to paint the Rs as absolutists, and they were not able to counter the accusation.
    As usual, the Right does a poor job at framing its message. BTW, I am not an anti-abortion absolutist, but am definitely well on that side of the bell curve. And not for religious reasons; I find it morally repugnant and irredeemable. You probably wouldn't want me to write the talking points.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If you got phat refunds because your blue state taxed the **** out of you, and now you’re complaining about no more phat refund checks, I bask in your misery.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t think it’s even half that wants to fight it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As usual, the Right does a poor job at framing its message. BTW, I am not an anti-abortion absolutist, but am definitely well on that side of the bell curve. And not for religious reasons; I find it morally repugnant and irredeemable. You probably wouldn't want me to write the talking points.
    I'm with you there.

Top Bottom