• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    When did the book signing turn into a DeSantis rally?
    IMO, sometime prior to Trump's Nov 15th, 2022 announcement to run in 2024.

When DeSantis didn't bend a knee and kiss the ring, even prior to the announcement, let alone after, he became the "enemy" every bit as much as Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, AOC.

With Trump there is no coalition building - drink the koolaid and shave the head - or you are out in the cold.

And, just like a middle school mean girl, if you don't hate who he hates, then you're in the hated group too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Seems more like Ron doesn't want to acknowledge quite a few people don't worship him the way he would like, so he has them excluded and hides his culpability behind the fiction that it was the shopping mall who wanted the event sanitized, not him

He also seems to be chafing a bit under hostile questioning when he is outside his holy land, and that is with the dial set at 1. Wait until that setting gets closer to 11

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    ... doesn't want to acknowledge quite a few people don't worship him the way he would like, so he has them excluded and hides his culpability behind the fiction ....
    Projecting Trump much?

Those words very succinctly describe Trump's "stolen election" farce... his vendetta against any who didn't embrace it whole cloth... and his "he won by a landslide" fiction.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He'll believe it when it happens to his idol, too - only difference is he will still be blaming Trump and his supporters instead of the real culprits
    Why do you say it's his idol? I haven't seen him say anything that would indicate that.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Sadly, I voted for Trump, twice.

He had his chance to do something great.

"No president has ever done what I've done. No president has ever even come close." -Trump

Yep, I agree.
    1. He is the third president to be impeached.
    2. He is the first president to be impeached twice.
    3. Appeals to Russia to steal his opponents emails.
    4. His tax policy punished states that didn't vote for him.
    5. Squeezed the Ukrainians to get dirt on his opponent in 2020.
    6. Promoted disunity during the Covid-19 pandemic via Twitter.
    7. Looses re-election, and against his oath to the constitution, mounts an effort to use the power of his office to try to overturn a presidential election.
    A DeSantis presidency? I'm not sure, but I like what he's accomplished so far in Florida.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Why do you say it's his idol? I haven't seen him say anything that would indicate that.
    Yeah, DeSantis is top of my list... right now... a year before the primary even starts. That could and very well might change.

And, the "idolization" charge is projection because it's not about the "one true idol."

Anyhow....

I'll be really interested in Pompeo.... I think he was an absolute no **** bulldog of a SoS and was deep on foreign policy - America's interests first foreign policy - well before he joined the Trump admin. Fierce and smart/cunning, don't count him out.On a book tour for “Never Give an Inch: Fighting for the America I Love,” gotta love the title. We'll see.

I'm meh on Haley, she's old school RepubliCon, IMO, but seems closer to Reagan than either Bush. Maybe, we'll see on her positions. Doubtful I'd support/vote for her in the primary, but for a first woman president, she'd be lightyears ahead of Hillary/Warren/etc. And, I'll add, only member of Trump's administration who took him down a peg when he started to throw her under the bus... and smart enough to leave while on good terms.

Pence... nope. Hard no. He was too weak-knee'ed as a governor, let alone Prez.

Cruz? IMO, he seriously lost his way since 2016 and comes across as a pretender to me... sometimes channels Lindsey Graham, IMO, and that's not a good thing most of the time.

Noem... IMO, she's a pretender. Nope. Got too fancy by half and tried to put it off as someone else's fault when it was all on her... nope, had way too much of fragile two-faced egos who didn't invest the time with the legislature to get the bill she would sign... nope.

Chris Christie, at best a Bush Sr - LITE, nope. BTDT and already have the tee-shirt.

Abbot and Tim Scott... maybe. We'll see if they enter the race "authentic" or trying to "triangulate" on issues to win support. I'm more about candidates who say what they are for and are for what they say... habitual finger to the wind is a nope for me... finger to the wind on any policy steeped in first principle's is a hard no for me.

Sununu and Youngkin... too soon to know anything about them and it would be an "organization" building run anyhow. Would take either of them for Governor over our doofus! Other than that, no idea.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    This one is just silly. I assume you are referring to the limit on local tax write off.
    Using data from the IRS and the U.S. Census Bureau, people in ‘Trump’ states pay an average of $7,800 in federal taxes per person versus $11,070 per person in states that voted for Hillary Clinton.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He is the third president to be impeached.
    For investigating corruption in Ukraine.

He is the first president to be impeached twice.
    After he left office for political points. Impeachment is to remove a President and he was gone.

Appeals to Russia to steal his opponents emails.
    Russian collusion was proven fake, was built by democrats, and executed by the deep state.

His tax policy punished states that didn't vote for him.
    The tax policy limited the federal deduction of blue states excess taxes.

1. Squeezed the Ukrainians to get dirt on his opponent in 2020.
    Investigating corruption.

Promoted disunity during the Covid-19 pandemic via Twitter.
    You mean like telling the truth the wuwho flu was from China?

Looses re-election, and against his oath to the constitution, mounts an effort to use the power of his office to try to overturn a presidential election.
    Has election stolen and no court in the country will allow cases to move forward so he fights the corruption.

That TDS you have is burning you up. You need to study and learn what happened instead of regurgitation of CNN headlines.

Anf if you do not like DeSantis, also, you are not a conservative, so stop pretending…

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    For the record, I am very conservative, grew up in the Reagan era, in a red state, and at least Reagan was tolerant of those who disagreed with him. I am disappointed in Trump as you clearly are as well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think we can all agree that the GOP is going to be completely split and half or more of the faithful will stay home. After this primary is over, they are all going to smell like rotten meat to the other candidates voters. Our only hope is if the Democrats stay home, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom