• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    DeSantis created/grew a legislative coalition in Florida... and is now reaping the rewards AND simultaneously proving you can "grow the base" without compromising core values. I.e. the "third way". Choosing your battles, keeping your powder dry and ENDING, rathers than STARTING, fights... "this is the way".

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Honestly, any Trumper who joins the attack on DeSantis for the red flag laws in FL forget about Trump’s own support of red flag laws. What was it that he said? Something to the effect of take the guns first and then due process?
    Yes, from the article:

Some argue that DeSantis as a Second Amendment problem, though. Namely that while the state seems poised to pass constitutional carry, they also have a red flag law. That law was passed in the wake of Parkland and predated DeSantis, who Loesch notes said he would have vetoed it.

Their gripe is literally that DeSantis didn’t remove the law that Trump demanded passed.

It’s a dumb argument.

Bingo! Cognitive dissonance and projection on Trump and his supporters' part.

And the more similar dumb arguments Trump makes, the more his support will erode as others realise he's not about really about MAGA and America First, he's about Trump and Trump-first.

It's not 4D chess... it's a one dimensional enormous ego.

Reactions: oze

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    I'm thinking its time we wake up and realize that there are no sound options for people to run our country that currently reside in higher levels of government. Until we get an individual that can resonate with what its really like to live and survive in the US, we will continue to see our consistent decline. The best way to do this is a passive revolution...nobody in the US vote.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am constantly amazed at the folks who have complete certainty they know what Trump thinks.

Very telling that in the DeSantis thread the name Trump is posted more than DeSantis. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hey Homer...how do you reconcile your belief that Presidential elections can be stolen with your obsession over poll numbers for the next one?

hater.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ummm... share a linky that Pompeo is for a blank check? Or is that just your translation of anyone pro-killing Russians now? And giving ChiComs pause.
    The blank cheque part
    'Helping America means a sovereign nation that is prepared to defend itself from an invasion and an attack where civilians are being killed by Vladimir Putin is in America's best interest for our economy, for our security. 'We should be doing everything the Ukrainians are asking us to do. They haven't asked us to send our soldiers. They haven't asked for the 82nd Airborne. They've simply said, provide us the stuff we need. And it is their lives that are at risk.'
    The no fear of WWIII part, the willingness to 'push' a nuclear armed adversary - one who is demonized as evil, bloodthirsty and Stalinesque as well as controlling a nuclear arsenal on parity with our own - in ways we do not dare to even push the DPRK with only a tiny fraction of Russia's military power
    Pompeo added: 'The Biden administration has been afraid to win.
    'They've been afraid to provide the Ukrainians with the tools they need to be successful.
    And this will end with a negotiated solution. 'We should get to that point as quickly as we can. And the quickest way to end this war is to provide the Ukrainians with the military assets, the intelligence that they need to actually push Vladimir Putin off the mark.'
    Relevant content color-highlighted to minimize the jerking of knees. Please note they are direct quotes

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And, yes, the negative is that lethal aid to Ukraine is drawing down our stocks. The POSITIVE is that replenishing those stocks re-starts DORMANT production lines revealing how pathetic those stocks were to begin with. This should be a wake-up call that we are in no way ready for the ChiComm's asserting dominance.
    So drastically drawing down our stockpiles even further is a winning strategy!? I can't believe even you believe that

Even at emergency production rates, it will take several years before the U.S. is able to restock supplies of critical munitions sent to Ukraine, according to a recent analysis conducted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), a Washington, D.C. based think tank.

The U.S. has sent millions of rounds of ammunition of various kinds to Ukraine, according to a Thursday fact sheet from the Department of Defense (DOD), which has resulted in severe deficits in some cases. Only one of the six weapons where stockpiles have fallen dangerously low is projected to reach normal levels within five years, assuming no further deliveries to Ukraine, leaving the U.S. scrambling for alternatives, Mark Cancian, a former artillery officer and Pentagon acquisition official, found in a report published in CSIS.

Good plan! We'll just tell the PLA to hold off on Taiwan until we're ready

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm thinking its time we wake up and realize that there are no sound options for people to run our country that currently reside in higher levels of government. Until we get an individual that can resonate with what its really like to live and survive in the US, we will continue to see our consistent decline. The best way to do this is a passive revolution...nobody in the US vote.
    That is unilateral disarmament and will result only in a Democratic landslide as the members of the progressive hive mind will still vote in droves

Do you think the people willing to vote in Fetterman while concealing his profound disabilities will be deterred by conservative non-participation? More likely they will use the power gained to cement their hold on power in perpetuity

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trumpettes: The Democrats steal elections!
    Also Trumpettes: Look at the polls, look at the polls!
    Feds on INGO: Ridicule the idea that elections CAN be stolen
    Also Feds on INGO: Cite court decisions in which evidence is never heard as evidence there is no evidence

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It continues to amaze me that otherwise intelligent people think that Chamberlain-esque appeasement of Putin (and by proxy, the ChiComms) is the way to avert a WWIII... rather than the opposite, making WWIII more likely due to over-steps and escalations.

It's "only" "the" Ukraine sounds much like and echo of "it's only Czechoslovakia"... how did that work out?
    I don't want to appease Putin. I just want to stop wasting money on Ukraine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Allowing" Poland to provide fighter aircraft costs us not a dime! For example.
    I don't give a **** if Poland provides fighter aircraft to Ukraine. I'm not for Russia. I'm also not for Ukraine.

I do think there is some "Biden Derangement Syndrome" (not necessarily you, but the right in general) in opposing lethal aid to Ukraine. Some of it was in place and organic back in Trump's administration...
    I don't think it's sane to keep giving them aid without strings attached, proper accounting, and without limit.

But I also think a lot of it, the majority of it, is recent and merely opposing what Biden is doing...
    I don't oppose it because it's Joe Biden. I oppose it because it's a waste of money. By all means. Please let the people who stand to lose from Russian expansion, pay for stopping Putin.

I think the idea that by giving all this aid to Ukraine is staving off our boots and blood later, is not a lot more sound than 15 days to slow the spread was.

instead of dissecting what he's doing right (providing lethal aid) versus wrong (providing it in dribs and drabs to halt, but not defeat Russia in Ukraine, while simultaneously limiting others, like Poland, from providing weapons that could lead to Russia's defeat).

Anyhow, enough threadjack on my part...
    The thread jack is okay. I don't mind saying it again and again. **** Russia. **** Ukraine. And while we're at it. It's always time for a **** Joe Biden.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The reason that can't work--well, beyond the obvious one--is that you couldn't get a significant number of people to do any one thing...or not do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not have a poll obsession. Do you understand the difference between a straw poll at an event vs polling?
    Yes. One is an informal poll, at an event pretty much just winging it. The other applies statistics to a small sample of likely voters to determine the likely outcome. The CPAC sraw poll is a pretty specific crowd. But, it makes you feel like "winning" so you go with it. We like to see happy Trumpers.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes. One is an informal poll, at an event pretty much just winging it. The other applies statistics to a small sample of likely voters to determine the likely outcome. The CPAC sraw poll is a pretty specific crowd. But, it makes you feel like "winning" so you go with it. We like to see happy Trumpers.
    Funny how you think counting peoples votes at a convention is less accurate or less contrived than polls.

Also funny is that the topic of this thread did not even attend, think maybe he knew this?

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    The reason that can't work--well, beyond the obvious one--is that you couldn't get a significant number of people to do any one thing...or not do.
    I know, it’s a hopeless endeavor. The idiots running our country are public servants, but you would never know that based off their behavior. Just look at all their homes and lifestyles, some of the largest houses I’ve ever seen. I was a public servant, the most I could afford was 1350 sq ft. The Achilles heel of the United States is our highest levels of government and both sides of the isle keep supporting their respective parties to the point of boot licking. The Republican and Democratic Party need to be eliminated, but it will never happen. We the people hold all the cards but are so divided we will only continue to decline as a country.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Ruh roh. Isn't NH supposed to be one of those states that are immune to the appeal of MAGA/America First? Don't they believe DeSantis is the anointed one? Or is it 4D Democrat chess, supporting the Republican nominee they really want?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Top Bottom