• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here is my thoughts FWIW,
    I’d rather have Trump but they will pull the same **** again and Biden will be back in. We cannot let that happen I’ll vote for Ron we need to learn to play the long game sure we may like one person better but what one can pull the swing vote and will the media not screw as hard are the questions we need to ask. I like Trump more but I am scared of the douche nozzle we now have in office and Trump won’t be allowed to beat him. I’ll vote for Ron to make sure we get the big prize. I have nothing at all against Ron anyways
    Your logic is faulty

If they won't allow Trump to win, why would you expect they might allow DeSantis to win

Independents pretty much always break 2 : 1 for the Democrat except occasionally when they break 3 : 1 for the Democrat. IMO you better have a candidate that can bring in enough votes to beat the margin of fraud - like perhaps the one who received the highest number of votes ever for a sitting president

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    Well look at Illinois last Governor election. Pigster knew he would have the hardest time against Irwin/Bourne so he sent letter out to everyone registered republican that said the guy he knew he could beat Bailey was to conservative for Illinois. These fliers paid for by the democrat party! I’d say everyone is scared of Trump exposing the truth and that’s why they will pull out all stops to make sure he stays out I think Ron is probably more politically minded and they don’t view him as such a big threat they would risk it all by trying to rig it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It

been awhile. I had to go look. I read my response to it and I pretty much still think that you should post back when you have something more substantive, and from sources whose compasses don’t all point up Trump’s ass.
    Your lack of inguisitiveness is telling…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You should probably look at this, too. When he ran for his seat in 2015-16 Club for Growth was his largest contributor, 3X what the #2 contributor gave

In the 2017-18 cycle first he was running for Rubio's senate seat and then for governor. That might have hurt his fundraising totals for his house campaign

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I feel like we've had this CfG conversation before...

If CfG is some nefarious boogie-man, you'll need to point it out. I'm not seeing it.... just ****-hurt CfG didn't back Trump in 2016... which even he apparently got over since he was joined at the hip with CfG throughout his presidency.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your lack of inguisitiveness is telling…
    I see a Trumper whose compass points up Trump’s ass saying stuff without so much as a link, even to GWP, I think it’s reasonable not to pay a lot of attention to it. I’m not a fan of CFG, but there are worse things a politician can do than have some money donated by them. Some things DeSantis has done that has earned my distrust has nothing to do with his donors. I mean that’s the left’s game and I’m not playing disavowment tag. I mean, I didn’t give a flying **** that WN endorsed Trump. I’s a bad look for Trump I suppose but it’s not evidence Trump is a WN.

That crazy ass DeSantis commercial implying god sent him was a much bigger turnoff than which CoC donor gave him money. The Disney quagmire isn’t helping either.

But you wouldn’t notice. You and that other guy who thinks Trump’s ass is magnetic North are too busy claiming I have a candidate I’m supporting instead of yours. Because in your binary world if you don’t support Trump you must be supporting DeSantis.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I feel like we've had this CfG conversation before...

If CfG is some nefarious boogie-man, you'll need to point it out. I'm not seeing it.... just ****-hurt CfG didn't back Trump in 2016... which even he apparently got over since he was joined at the hip with CfG throughout his presidency.
    CFG was just fine until they hurt the Trumpers feels. But. I don’t care much for them because they are a bit too CoC for me. If CfG endorsed and donated to Trump now the Trumpers would be celebrating them.

And even if they did endorse Trump, it would not cause me to think worse of him. Like I said above, I don’t play the disavowel tag. It’s a stupid guilt by association fallacy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    That tweet shows a time stamp of 11:04pm, so I believe that does count as 'the dead of night'

Only coverage I see is his own announcement on twitter, very little press, small friendly audience

He does however get credit for signing it the same day he got it from the legislature. Passed FL senate 3 Apr and passed the house the 13th, so when he got it might be an artifact of what time it was reported out of the house
    Attendance was small...but I see there was no shortage of flowery dresses at 11:04pm.

I'm assuming they didn't all just come off 2nd shift at the Chick-Fil-A drive through line.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait. Are you implying that there a correlation between the Chik-Fil-A drive through and being an ardent Trump supporter? :n00b:

Holy ****. I may be an ardent Trump supporter and not know it!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wait. Are you implying that there a correlation between the Chik-Fil-A drive through and being an ardent Trump supporter? :n00b:

You've sold your soul for a tasty chicken sandwich.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    That tweet shows a time stamp of 11:04pm, so I believe that does count as 'the dead of night'

Only coverage I see is his own announcement on twitter, very little press, small friendly audience

He does however get credit for signing it the same day he got it from the legislature. Passed FL senate 3 Apr and passed the house the 13th, so when he got it might be an artifact of what time it was reported out of the house
    Not just the same day, within "hours" of passage:
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Just hours after it passed the Florida House of Representatives, Gov. Ron DeSantis announced he’d signed SB 300, the “Heartbeat Protection Act.”

Looks like it passed at 5 pm from the AP news timestamp... after voting down dozens of poison-pill amendments by Dems, i.e. ETA was unknown until it passed:

tl;dr: I find it amazing that the Trumpsterista media (not you BugI on this your reply was imminently reasonable) and MSM concur on a "hidden in the middle of the night" narrative instead of "As soon as it hits my desk, I'm signing it and posting it on twitter".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Turning the election into a national jihad against the education/industrial complex could work, even pulling in Trump supporters. I don't see that kind of Cromwellian level charisma in DeSantis though.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not just the same day, within "hours" of passage:

Looks like it passed at 5 pm from the AP news timestamp... after voting down dozens of poison-pill amendments by Dems, i.e. ETA was unknown until it passed:

tl;dr: I find it amazing that the Trumpsterista media (not you BugI on this your reply was imminently reasonable) and MSM concur on a "hidden in the middle of the night" narrative instead of "As soon as it hits my desk, I'm signing it and posting it on twitter".
    I think the limited attendance is the key thing here. This was on a weeknight. The next day was Friday. Not that many more zygotes are going to die, between 11:04pm Thursday and 11am Friday. There was more than enough opportunity to set up a Friday morning signing, with full press attendance, if he wanted to. And Governor Huff 'n Puff hasn't exactly earned a "low profile" rating in his recent history with culture-war things like Disney.

I don't know how the internal logistics of attendance at these things is handled. But if there's two possible "spins," and you limit attendance, either by decree, or by timing and/or lack of advance notice, you're always going to get the lesser-favorable spin. RDS is a big'a nuff boy to know that.

I think the optics of attempting to limit attention legitimately lands on RDS, in this case.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Well, full verification of "Trump Supporter" status requires further detailed examination. :scratch: Do you wear a flowery dress, routinely or occasionally?

Last edited:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Trump is unelectable in the current environment. It’s not fair, but it’s true. Trump’s massive ego and crazy tendencies allowed the Dems and Dem-controlled MSM to bury him. The Republican party needs a new standard-bearer who is not quite so vulnerable to their attacks. At this point, I think DeSantis is that man. Time will tell.

While I think Trump was a good president (certainly far better than the ones directly before and after him), his time is over. He has burned too many bridges. He has unwavering support in many hard-right circles, but no current support whatsoever with moderates and swing voters. Without support of the “purple” areas, he’s done. We saw this with the Trump-supported candidates in 2022. Trump is poison to the Republican brand among moderates and swing voters.

To be clear, I do not dislike President Trump. If he wins the primary, I would certainly support him in the general election. But if he wins the primary, the Republican party is in deep trouble (for other races as well in “purple” states & districts).

Top Bottom