• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Looks like Gov. DeSantis often signs the legislation at his desk, surrounded by folks who helped, and moves on the next one. Other than taking the opportunity to be surrounded by school kids, it appears signing at his desk then getting back to work is his standard MO, his signing announcement on Twitter:

Only allowed 5 media links... student athlete signing below, at his desk:

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1626284155037261828

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I think the limited attendance is the key thing here. This was on a weeknight. The next day was Friday. Not that many more zygotes are going to die, between 11:04pm Thursday and 11am Friday. There was more than enough opportunity to set up a Friday morning signing, with full press attendance, if he wanted to. And Governor Huff 'n Puff hasn't exactly earned a "low profile" rating in his recent history with culture-war things like Disney.

I don't know how the internal logistics of attendance at these things is handled. But if there's two possible "spins," and you limit attendance, either by decree, or by timing and/or lack of advance notice, you're always going to get the lesser-favorable spin. RDS is a big'a nuff boy to know that.

I think the optics of attempting to limit attention legitimately lands on RDS, in this case.
    See above... other than a school bill, surrounded by school children, signing at his desk when it hits his desk appears to be his MO... at least for this term with the clock running.

1682434188497.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IDK. This did'nt look like limited attendance to me. Were they all hiding there in the middle of the night?

1682434625825.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I see a Trumper whose compass points up Trump’s ass saying stuff without so much as a link, even to GWP, I think it’s reasonable not to pay a lot of attention to it. I’m not a fan of CFG, but there are worse things a politician can do than have some money donated by them. Some things DeSantis has done that has earned my distrust has nothing to do with his donors. I mean that’s the left’s game and I’m not playing disavowment tag. I mean, I didn’t give a flying **** that WN endorsed Trump. I’s a bad look for Trump I suppose but it’s not evidence Trump is a WN.

That crazy ass DeSantis commercial implying god sent him was a much bigger turnoff than which CoC donor gave him money. The Disney quagmire isn’t helping either.

But you wouldn’t notice. You and that other guy who thinks Trump’s ass is magnetic North are too busy claiming I have a candidate I’m supporting instead of yours. Because in your binary world if you don’t support Trump you must be supporting DeSantis.
    Yep, lots of talk about asses but nothing about my questions in a post all about questions?

A lot to learn about Desantis. Who are his financial backers? Club For Growth and other globalists? Is really conservative or a product of his Yale and Harvard educations? Is he the real deal or playing a part?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    CFG was just fine until they hurt the Trumpers feels. But. I don’t care much for them because they are a bit too CoC for me. If CfG endorsed and donated to Trump now the Trumpers would be celebrating them.

And even if they did endorse Trump, it would not cause me to think worse of him. Like I said above, I don’t play the disavowel tag. It’s a stupid guilt by association fallacy.
    You fail to even want to ask the questions of DeSantis but always have the answers on DJT…

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yep, lots of talk about asses but nothing about my questions in a post all about questions?

A lot to learn about Desantis. Who are his financial backers? Club For Growth and other globalists? Is really conservative or a product of his Yale and Harvard educations? Is he the real deal or playing a part?
    You fail to even want to ask the questions of DeSantis but always have the answers on DJT…
    When Trump ran in 2016, he had no legislative history. He did have a long history of voicing very liberal opinions in the press. His actual policies were more than a pleasant surprise, they were revolutionary.

DeSantis has 12 years of staunchly conservative stances. In this thread, other than boogie-manning Club for Growth for supporting a governor who has, wait for it, GROWN THE ECONOMY IN FLORIDA, the only position dug up that wasn't deeply red was the PR bill sponsorship as a House member.

From co-founding the Freedom Caucus when first in the House to the Heartbeat bill, he's shown he's the real deal, over and over... and doesn't run and hide from a fight.

ETA: And wins, bigly, over and over.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When Trump ran in 2016, he had no legislative history. He did have a long history of voicing very liberal opinions in the press. His actual policies were more than a pleasant surprise, they were revolutionary.

DeSantis has 12 years of staunchly conservative stances. In this thread, other than boogie-manning Club for Growth for supporting a governor who has, wait for it, GROWN THE ECONOMY IN FLORIDA, the only position dug up that wasn't deeply red was the PR bill sponsorship as a House member.

From co-founding the Freedom Caucus when first in the House to the Heartbeat bill, he's shown he's the real deal, over and over... and doesn't run and hide from a fight.
    I asked the same types of questions about Trump in 2016. We now have the choice of a car that won the race or a new shiny model that looks good on paper. I’ll keep asking questions…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And we have no rush to get answers today, the election is a long way off...
    Agreed. There are things I like about DeSantis and things I'm not real crazy about just as well as Trump. DeSantis hasn't earned my vote yet. I'll reserve that until I see how he performs in the primaries. If he doesn't impress me enough to vote for him in the primaries over Trump, then it's a no bueno from me.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Looks like Gov. DeSantis often signs the legislation at his desk, surrounded by folks who helped, and moves on the next one. Other than taking the opportunity to be surrounded by school kids, it appears signing at his desk then getting back to work is his standard MO, his signing announcement on Twitter:

Only allowed 5 media links... student athlete signing below, at his desk:

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1626284155037261828

I'm not seeing any other 11:04pm signings there. But admittedly I'm not on RDS's Twitter feed. Can you find others? I'm willing to listen, but what you presented didn't prove your point.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Trump is unelectable in the current environment...The Republican party needs a new standard-bearer who is not quite so vulnerable to their attacks. At this point, I think DeSantis is that man...Without support of the “purple” areas, (Trump)’s done. We saw this with the Trump-supported candidates in 2022. Trump is poison to the Republican brand among moderates and swing voters.
    With a 6-week heartbeat law on his resume, RDS is even more unelectable in the current environment, to "purple" areas. The media will make him look like Mike Pence.

You also have to marvel at RDS's ability to create "Gold Star Families" moments in unforced fashion. Most American families luvvs them some Disney entertainment. It's common for young women of a certain age to have their favorite Disney characters tattooed on their arms (:dunno:). To these people, RDS looks like he picks needless culture-war fights against sympathetic opponents. In some ways, he's more Trump-like than Trump.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    With a 6-week heartbeat law on his resume, RDS is even more unelectable in the current environment, to "purple" areas.

The media will make him look like Mike Pence. Ron DeSantis will have "zero" appeal to moderates by the time this is over.
    I have posted this dozens of times, usually to little acknowledgement.

Two of the more despised RINO’s on INGO both ran for president. Both were smeared as literal Hitler, the further list of accusations was not even remotely close to the reality of these part/time dems, one of whom was the architect of obummer care, and the other stuck the knife in the back of its repeal.

The point is if Lenin ran as a republican, they would smear him too. There is no such thing as a running a candidate that moderates love that can get elected. That is a media polli/sci creation.

Rush Limbaugh, called it, you win elections by motivating your base and voters, the moderates split.

(Obviously this does not account for fraud.)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You also have to marvel at RDS's ability to create "Gold Star Families" moments in unforced fashion. Most American families luvvs them some Disney entertainment. It's common for young women of a certain age to have their favorite Disney characters tattooed on their arms (:dunno:). To these people, RDS looks like he picks needless culture-war fights against sympathetic opponents. In some ways, he's more Trump-like than Trump.
    Who picked that fight?

Top Bottom