• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you talking about NYT again?
    Well obviously NYT is propaganda. No. I'm talking about Conservative Treehouse and GatewayPundit, because they both tried to spin the story as a Soros "coveted" endorsement. And they obviously lied.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think Bug's position has been well established and that is due to a small few that have said they would not vote for Trump ever again even if he won the primary why then should he vote for another nominee in the general if they should defeat Trump in the primary because of it.
    I don't get why people would allow other people to decide for them who to vote for. That's essentially what this is. It's along the same lines as people who play the guilt by association game. Well. Except when it's their guy being associated.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't get why people would allow other people to decide for them who to vote for. That's essentially what this is. It's along the same lines as people who play the guilt by association game. Well. Except when it's their guy being associated.
    I believe it's been mostly a T4T situation with SD4L over a running feud and Bug has said why don't you call him out for saying that he would never vote for Trump again even if he won the primary like you do me for saying I would then not vote for DeSantis. I belive his biggest issue is that he laments the disparity of treatment.

I can't say that he doesn't necessarily have a point because I do not believe that SD4L has been subject to the same treatment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's Bugs new position...it's not that well established.

I think it might be earlier in this thread when that line of thinking developed. A few people said they'd never vote for Trump again, and so he's ready to retaliate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think it might be earlier in this thread when that line of thinking developed. A few people said they'd never vote for Trump again, and so he's ready to retaliate.
    I believe he said that there used to be a traditional agreement to vote for a party nominee in the general even if your candidate lost the primary but that's all out the window now because a few said they would not vote for his candidate Trump and that's when his stance changed. No more agreement because of it.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe it's been mostly a T4T situation with SD4L over a running feud and Bug has said why don't you call him out for saying that he would never vote for Trump again even if he won the primary like you do me for saying I would then not vote for DeSantis. I belive his biggest issue is that he laments the disparity of treatment.

I can't say that he doesn't necessarily have a point because I do not believe that SD4L has been subject to the same treatment.
    It wasn't a disparity of treatment because it's not the same thing. If Bug says he can't vote for DeSantis because he strongly disagrees on some potion, or that he feels DeSantis did something unforgivable, I wouldn't call him out on that. I might push back on the area of disagreement if I thought he misunderstood something.

SD4L explained why he can't vote for Trump. He thinks that Trump's behavior after losing the election was unacceptable, and especially Jan 6. And a few other things. I have pushed back on Jan 6--it wasn't an insurrection, and it certainly wasn't directed by Trump.

But anyway, because some of us haven't sufficiently called other people out, he wants to spite everyone? C'mon.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just want to point out that I am not trying to be Bug's mouthpiece and I don't think he would want me to be either nor would I. I'm just giving my take of what lead to his current position as I remember it. He certainly has a right to correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure he will.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just want to point out that I am not trying to be Bug's mouthpiece and I don't think he would want me to be either nor would I. I'm just giving my take of what lead to his current position as I remember it. He certainly has a right to correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure he will.
    Sure. And I'm going from my take as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sure. And I'm going from my take as well.
    I also believe I recall that Bug has said at one point that he would most likely vote for DeSantis in the general but that all changed over time when others said they would not vote for Trump.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So the message from Trump supporters is if it doesn't go the way I want, I'm taking my ball and going home? I didn't vote for Trump in the first primary, he sure as hell wasn't my first choice, but I did vote for him in the general. From your tone it doesn't seem you would be willing to do so if he lost this one.
    Nope, the message from Trump supporters is you can't take us for granted

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope, the message from Trump supporters is you can't take us for granted
    How did anyone take you for granted? Everyone knows of your infamous loyalty. The biggest thing that people who'd rather someone other than Trump run should fear, is that Trump will run third party if he lost the Primary. There's no way Trump could win. And there's no way the GOP would win without Trumpers. Anyone who does not understand that dynamic is not thinking straight.

But. That does not mean that neverTrumpers will support Trump if he is the nominee. I don't recall who all said they can't vote for Trump. SD4L I remember is one of them. They're not the only neverTrumpers. But I think the thing to do, is not just say **** it. If Trump wins the primaries, try to convince them that we need their vote. And if they don't, then trying to punish them by not voting won't do anything.

But, I mean, who are we kidding anyway. It's a moot argument. Obviously Haley/Gabbart will be running against the Dems in 2024. They'll kick off their campaign with a nude calendar.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sounding like the INGO Libertarian wing
    You mean guys like steveh, hornadylnl, mr jarrell? Eh, I dunno about that. They would not have voted for a Republican anyway. They were big L libertarians. Always voting L, not to win, but to finally get that 5% so they could eat at the adult table.

I still wonder if horn voted for Gary feel-my Johnson.

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    Desantis is at war with his state's largest employer. So basically the same business acumen as Trump, which is zero.
    It is incredible how much pro-capitalists don't support actual capitalists. Go figure.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You mean guys like steveh, hornadylnl, mr jarrell? Eh, I dunno about that. They would not have voted for a Republican anyway. They were big L libertarians. Always voting L, not to win, but to finally get that 5% so they could eat at the adult table.

I still wonder if horn voted for Gary feel-my Johnson.
    Boy those three were quite the characters back when. I had forgotten about steveh.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Desantis is at war with his state's largest employer. So basically the same business acumen as Trump, which is zero.
    It is incredible how much pro-capitalists don't support actual capitalists. Go figure.
    You have been officially greeted by IM to the GP subforum. Enjoy your stay.

Well, now we know you don’t know jack****.

Top Bottom