• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No one lied to anyone. They posted an accurate quote and gave an opinion on that quote.
    They didn't post an opinion. They declined to include the context that disproves the "endorsement" narrative, so that they could promote that rather than anything that might be construed as negative towards Trump. But you did answer my question. You've tacitly admitted that you're not capable of detecting media lying to you when they tell you what you want to hear.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Soros is trying to play both sides. He had to have known it would start some **** by giving DeSantis a glowing opinion and it would be used as a negative by those who want to frame it as an "endorsement." to try and damage DeSantis.

At the same time he is tweaking the Trump supporters. because he gave one to DeSantis and he talked some *** about Trump to try and make him look even worse. Does anyone really think that he would give one to Trump?

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And about that. It’s ridiculous to choose who you vote for by who says nice things about that candidate. I’m sure the Trumpers know this and would not fall for that fallacy if Soros had flipped it and said the same thing about Trump. But then, GWP et al would not have spun it the way they spun it.

Which highlights the folly of relying on activist news sources, even if you think they’re on your side.
    Agreed, how many white nationalists came out in actual support of Trump?
    So, she's hot enough then?
    Just how hot do you think Trump is if he beats Gabbard and Haley?

Not as many as you have to ignore to make it mean what you want it to mean

Soros is nothing if not calculating, he plays the long game and he does not speak off the cuff
    So do you think that CTH and GWP and perhaps some on here are falling into his trap by trying to twist this into an attack on DeSantis?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We need a belly laugh emoji for this stuff.

Just got an email from a conservative news source. Headline is “George Soros Fears a 2024 Desantis Ticket”.

So are they just stirring the pot too? Are they idiots that cannot understand the news?

Get over yourselves! I posted a link and you guys lose your minds over normal political discourse.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Just got an email from a conservative news source. Headline is “George Soros Fears a 2024 Desantis Ticket”.

So are they just stirring the pot too? Are they idiots that cannot understand the news?

Get over yourselves! I posted a link and you guys lose your minds over normal political discourse.
    Remember that last line when you lose your**** over "normal political discourse" concerning Trump.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If a Philadelphia GM said we lost the super bowl to a coach that is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious, is it far fetched to believe that was complementary? Might it not be interrupted as an endorsement of how good a coach he really is?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So do you think that CTH and GWP and perhaps some on here are falling into his trap by trying to twist this into an attack on DeSantis?
    No. I think the people who go on about how those they disagree with are being too simplistic are ... yeah, you've got it ... too simplistic when it suits their own biases - which of course don't exist, or if they do they certainly don't affect their reasoned analyses

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

What would that website be? And happen to have a link?

If a Philadelphia GM said we lost the super bowl to a coach that is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious, is it far fetched to believe that was complementary? Might it not be interrupted as an endorsement of how good a coach he really is?

IMO a slight difference between your example and this.

As for your link, I haven't seen anyone having a problem with what Soros said, except maybe for those on the Trump side. But what I have seen a problem with is the spin and that Soros endorsed him.

No. I think the people who go on about how those they disagree with are being too simplistic are ... yeah, you've got it ... too simplistic when it suits their own biases - which of course don't exist, or if they do they certainly don't affect their reasoned analyses
    Nah, pointing out a BS spin and an outright lie isn't being simplistic, it's being honest.

And you never answered the other question. Just how hot do you think Trump is, if he beats Gabbard and Haley?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A) Nah, pointing out a BS spin and an outright lie isn't being simplistic, it's being honest.

B) And you never answered the other question. Just how hot do you think Trump is, if he beats Gabbard and Haley?
    A) I haven't been part of the churn over whether the cite was a hit piece or not, nor am I arguing about what the actual quote is. I'm the one saying Soros is a calculating b***ard
    and the possibility exists that he is targeting Trump, that Trump is his real worry in '24 and that he hopes to separate Trump from potential donors by casting shade on him. But, of course, the people who don't accept what Soros said at face value and look any deeper or non-obvious interpretations are the ones being 'simplistic'

B) I usually don't bother answering unserious questions

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Seems to me this little bit of context here backs the impression that it was designed to be a DeSantis hit piece.
    When billionaire leftist and creepy globalist George Soros is complimenting your personality attributes, you just might be doing the whole Republican presidential candidate thing wrong. Just sayin’.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, gosh! Someone posted a piece about news involving DeSantis and it was SLANTED coverage :nailbite:

Applying the same standards that are in play for Trump supporters, why do you worship DeSantis so?

Your favorite politician is being treated unfairly! Let me go find my tiny violin

I'm just not seeing why slanted coverage is only a tragedy when the slant taken isn't to your liking

end transmission

Top Bottom