• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How is this a bad refection on DeSantis? Just looking at the title insinuates that DeSantis "covets" a Soros endorsement. I don't believe he would ever seek, or tout Soro's endorsement let alone "covet" one. If anyone can show me otherwise, I would then say that I was wrong and it's a bad look for DeSantis and only then.

IMO this is a bull**** attempt by the author to mislead and make DeSantis look bad, One doesn't have to go any further than the title to realize it and if Trump picks up on it and tweets about it in an attempt to mutually tie DeSantis to Soros i would call bull**** on him as well. If he doesn't then I would say good on him for not disseminating the bull****
    Looks to be Trump supporters on that site.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks to be Trump supporters on that site.
    It does appear so and that would make sense as to the reason why the article was presented that way. It's designed to try and make DeSantis look bad. I suspect it was IM's intention as well for posting that garbage. Maybe he has another reason but that's the impression I get.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bull ****. How is noting the dynamics contributing to Trump's win in 2016 binary?
    Because you attribute it solely to Hillary Bad, ignoring that fact that many people voted for trump because they liked him and still do

Your argument was Trump won because Hillary was horrible. That's as frivolously binary as one can get

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who said it was a “bad reflection“? DeSantis was not maligned, facts were just pointed out.

You guys sure are sensitive. LOL. :lmfao:
    Yeah, remember all that guff about 'worshiping' Trump when we argued against INGOers posting up unfair criticisms of him?

Some get pretty touchy when it happens to them. You don't think maybe they're starting to worship DeSantis, do you?
    :coffee:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Who said it was a “bad reflection“? DeSantis was not maligned, facts were just pointed out.

Yeah, remember all that guff about 'worshiping' Trump when we argued against INGOers posting up unfair criticisms of him?

Some get pretty touchy when it happens to them. You don't think maybe they're starting to worship DeSantis, do you?
    :coffee:
    Endorsement? My ******* ***!

Soro's comments were that DeSantis is "is shrewd, ruthless, and ambitious,” and, “He is likely to be the Republican candidate."

Likewise, “This could induce Trump, whose narcissism has turned into a disease, to run as a third-party candidate. This would lead to a Democratic landslide and force the Republican Party to reform itself..."

He's licking his chops that Trump will lose TWICE in 2024, losing the Rep Primaries, then running as an Independent and LOSING a SECOND time in the general... allowing his evil empire to keep power.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

:rolleyes:

This might be problematic. In addition to DeSantis supporters needing to defend the unlimited Ukraine grift, and the value of eating bugs as a conservative lifestyle, now they have to spin an endorsement of ruthless ambition by Darth Soros. Eh, sucks to be them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because you attribute it solely to Hillary Bad, ignoring that fact that many people voted for trump because they liked him and still do

Your argument was Trump won because Hillary was horrible. That's as frivolously binary as one can get

Really? This is a pretty facile way to spin it.

When I say your thinking is binary, I'm saying you're creating a false dilemma. For example, when I say I'm not a nevertrumper because I voted for Trump, and I'd vote for him again if he were the nominee, many Trumpers like yourself act like if I'm not for Trump I must be a nevertrumper. Well that's a false dilemma, because logically, I don't have to be for him to vote for him, for example, if there's not a better choice available.

In terms of judging why Trump won in 2016, that's not a binary either. There are many factors that went into Trump's win, and what I'm saying, is ultimately--not solely--Trump won because Hillary was a bad candidate. It's a primary reason, not only reason. She wasn't too "bad" in blue states, because they're ****ing crazy and they voted for her in landslides. It was more important in those states that, presumably, allegedly, she has a vagina. But in purple states where a narrow margin of sane people rejected the worst candidate in US history, Trump won.

Back to binaries. Because you get your panties twisted when I call you out for binary thinking--in other words, calling out your false dilemmas--you want to try to throw that back at me. Of course when there are only two outcomes, that's binary. And you will see me state things in binary terms when there are only two possibilities. Hillary's badness ultimately causing her loss isn't actually a binary, because there were other factors too. Remove one of those and the outcome may have been different, despite Hillary's badness.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn’t see an endorsement by Soro’s, just a statement. Could have said same exact thing about Trump. I could say the same thing about Biden or Hillary but that doesn’t mean I endorse them. Like what was said above looks like a Trump org. Playing CNN tactics with word play.
    I suspect that Soros sees the bickering between Trumpers and other GOP voters, the biggest being between Trump and DeSantis supporters. And why not just drive that wedge further? Why not get them to try to gaslight people who might not vote for Trump in the primaries? Because Trumpers are so eager to latch onto any negative news about DeSantis, any bad news about DeSantis, real or not, is good news for Trump. They'll just take it and spin it, because why waste a chance to gaslight people who might vote for DeSantis in the primaries.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I suspect you know better. But this is the internet. There was no implication made by Soros that he is supporting DeSantis in any way. Yet you've implied that there is. So the question is, why? It's a superficial interpretation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Tell me what exactly are the facts that were pointed out? and it seems to me that you yourself get pretty darn sensitive at times during your diatribes against others in defense of Trump. This definition seems to fit you to a tee.

di·a·tribe

noun

1. a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I suspect you know better. But this is the internet. There was no implication made by Soros that he is supporting DeSantis in any way. Yet you've implied that there is. So the question is, why? It's a superficial interpretation.
    I'll stick with my original assessment of the reason why IM posted the article. IMO there was no reason other than he thought it was a bad refection of DeSantis as if he "coveted" a Soros endorsement like the title of the article implied. Was that a "fact' IM? Did DeSantis "covet" a Soros endorsement?

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Tell me what exactly are the facts that were pointed out? and it seems to me that you yourself get pretty darn sensitive at times during your diatribes against others in defense of Trump. This definition seems to fit you to a tee.

di·a·tribe

noun

1. a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
    The fact is, Soros, a guy that is against EVERYTHING I STAND FOR, including the constitution, complemented Desantis. Read into that what you will. Apparently you read that as a big negative from your reaction.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I suspect that Soros sees the bickering between Trumpers and other GOP voters, the biggest being between Trump and DeSantis supporters. And why not just drive that wedge further? Why not get them to try to gaslight people who might not vote for Trump in the primaries? Because Trumpers are so eager to latch onto any negative news about DeSantis, any bad news about DeSantis, real or not, is good news for Trump. They'll just take it and spin it, because why waste a chance to gaslight people who might vote for DeSantis in the primaries.
    Now who is spinning? Hint, YOU…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I implied nothing as I did not even comment on it, just posted a link…

Top Bottom