• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Don't know where you are brother, but chi-raq isn't small and those guys are tyrants. Lol portage was trigger happy and would bust your door in, so i left. Now valpo and porter county have been good.
    Indy (1500 or so officers). Super large dept have a unique issue with being so darn large, NYPD (33k), LAPD(11k), CPD(8k), Phily PD(5k) that a lot can go on under the nose of command staff as it's so difficult to properly manage so many people.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There is a difference here. And it has bearing on HIS reality. It isn't fair to say that based on your reality. It is relevant to the current state of things and politics.

LEOs are constantly and currently getting into situations like this. Probably not the majority but in the lime light for aure, just like the free palastine people or BLM. Christians and gun owners aren't out there violating people on a daily basis, but are atill getting hate from the left who view through their lens as evil.

I personally been on the **** end of a dealing with LEOs that I called to my residence! It changes your opinions. And i wont call the law unless there is no other option. I am still respectful if i encounter LEOs. Just like racegunz said you won't relate till it happens to you. I hope it never happens to anyone but it does.

But your definitely right on don't care the hate around, that eats at you.
    In reality we are talking 10's of MILLIONS of police-citizen interactions each year. What we see in the media is such a small percentage of this.

In 2020
    - 53.8 million U.S. residents age 16 or older had contact with police.
    - 49% did so to report a possible crime
    - 7.36 million arrests for all offenses in the United States
    - 1,126 people were killed by police
    - Roughly 1 million use of force by police

Most UoF is minor. Reviewing it is one of my responsibilities on my dept. Something mas minor as prying a person's arms from the front to the back for handcuffing is counted as a use of force.

You are getting a skewed view, albeit based on personal observations as well, through the media lens.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    In reality we are talking 10's of MILLIONS of police-citizen interactions each year. What we see in the media is such a small percentage of this.

In 2020

Most UoF is minor. Reviewing it is one of my responsibilities on my dept. Something mas minor as prying a person's arms from the front to the back for handcuffing is counted as a use of force.

You are getting a skewed view, albeit based on personal observations as well, through the media lens.
    I agree it is a small percentage but it has happen, my self included, and what does that mean for those that have been mistreated? That's is now their view on the matter, like I said reality is relative, that is all. I personally don't hate ALL police but I definitely have that in the back my mind when dealing with them.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana

In 2020

And there it is

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The one thing the left wing has correct.
    Of course hard to defund organizations that seize legal cash as a side hustle to the tune of millions.
    Defunding was an absurd idea at the very onset, the left got NONE of it correct. It made for great protest signs but never grounded in reality. I get that you are upset at ALL LE. We can all see that your vitriol clouds your critical thinking skills. It's a human failing that can be hard to overcome. With effort, you may be able to work through that...maybe not.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Defunding was an absurd idea at the very onset, the left got NONE of it correct. It made for great protest signs but never grounded in reality. I get that you are upset at ALL LE. We can all see that your vitriol clouds your critical thinking skills. It's a human failing that can be hard to overcome. With effort, you may be able to work through that...maybe not.
    I will endeavor to work on my shortcomings. Thank you
    Enjoy your dirty money from FedEx

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Don't know where you are brother, but chi-raq isn't small and those guys are tyrants. Lol portage was trigger happy and would bust your door in, so i left. Now valpo and porter county have been good.
    What do any of those places have to do with being a Lake County leo?

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Raceguns is not all wrong. I appreciate Denny calling balls and strikes. It’s refreshing to see it called out.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    What do any of those places have to do with being a Lake County leo?
    I’ll tell what it has to do with leo’s everywhere. The corruption runs deep, it’s all over, and our closest line of defense is hustling for the opposite team. Genius move compartmentalizing by jurisdictions so that departments can just throw their hands up and say “it’s not us” , “we don’t enforce that” . Guess what I don’t want to hear it. Step up or step down!
    Also don’t want to hear about resource shortages, if you got time to run dogs looking for cash at FedEx you got resources to actually fight crime.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeblackwell
    Top Bottom