• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I fondly remember the good old days of Uber. Use the app get a great car in about ten minutes. Drivers were usually nice, would tell great stories, offered water, breath mints, and other pleasantries. Often they came in nice new cars sometimes in luxury makes.

No more! Over! Caput! Piece of crap cars, dirty, smelly, the drivers can barely understand enough to get you to your destination. Had a junk old dodge van come and the side door was seized shut and had to climb in back over the console after he broke down and was 45 minutes late.
    I think the same thing is happening with UberEats (makes sense) and DoorDash. I only recently tried these services. To be fair, the delivery people were okay but the services themselves are sketchy (or "sketch" if you're trying to be hip and fit in these days). They offer "free delivery" or "$0 Delivery Fees!", but when you use them, 1) The prices on "their" menu for any restaurant are typically higher, and in some cases by 2 or 3 bucks. And 2) Even though they don't charge a delivery fee, they have a "service fee".

I've compared the cost of meals (for delivery) for the same restaurant for DoorDash, and ordering delivery from the restaurant directly. Ordering from the restaurant is still cheaper even when they use DoorDash to deliver for them! That's an ignorance tax if I ever saw one.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    For the record I’m not advocating for police accountability and less-no corruption because of myself. I am trying to get an audience that’s true so that peer pressure can be applied to stop the corruption and insanity posted every week if not daily perpetrated by the “beloved” police and doj.
    Why I care is the real mystery, pretty sure most of the accounts on here are bots anyway.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think the same thing is happening with UberEats (makes sense) and DoorDash. I only recently tried these services. To be fair, the delivery people were okay but the services themselves are sketchy (or "sketch" if you're trying to be hip and fit in these days). They offer "free delivery" or "$0 Delivery Fees!", but when you use them, 1) The prices on "their" menu for any restaurant are typically higher, and in some cases by 2 or 3 bucks. And 2) Even though they don't charge a delivery fee, they have a "service fee".

I've compared the cost of meals (for delivery) for the same restaurant for DoorDash, and ordering delivery from the restaurant directly. Ordering from the restaurant is still cheaper even when they use DoorDash to deliver for them! That's an ignorance tax if I ever saw one.
    I once ordered a $99 meal through DD (not you DD :lmfao:). After 30 minutes they cancelled it said the restaurant couldn’t do it. I immediately called the restaurant and they said my food would be ready in 25 minutes and the charge was $69. Nope! Not again…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I fondly remember the good old days of Uber. Use the app get a great car in about ten minutes. Drivers were usually nice, would tell great stories, offered water, breath mints, and other pleasantries. Often they came in nice new cars sometimes in luxury makes.

No more! Over! Caput! Piece of crap cars, dirty, smelly, the drivers can barely understand enough to get you to your destination. Had a junk old dodge van come and the side door was seized shut and had to climb in back over the console after he broke down and was 45 minutes late.
    how low is your Uber rating? You must be a horrible tipper.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Uber Black for the win! Either an Escalade or a Suburban, not always available but in major metros that's how I roll...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Uber Black for the win! Either an Escalade or a Suburban, not always available but in major metros that's how I roll...
    Wish I had your budget. :lmfao:

Kidding aside, I used them mostly at home to go out to dinner and back. It was like $9 each way. Every time I look it is now most of $20 each way, adding $40 plus to a dinner outing.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have to be sure when the wife orders from any delivery service that she uses a fake name.

I have at least two ex-tenants that deliver in my small area. That's not something I want to happen. Who knows what will end up in my food if they figured out I was the receiving person.

Just trying to help with the derailment.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    No problem with that. It's obvious that should happen. But I'm not one for collectivism of any sort, particularly collective punishment.

As for the taxpayers paying...well, it's a government agency. It's completely funded by taxes. What do you expect them to pay settlements with?
    The personal finances of those involved?

Top Bottom