• ...and so much more!
  • sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    What do any of those places have to do with being a Lake County leo?
    What does your comment have to do with my comment??? Did you get butt hurt? Read the context that went with it. Are you a lake county LEO? Portage? CPD i'm confused.

But I will answer you. My father is a lake county leo, I have known and seen the corruption and violence they have on the force my whole life. I knew one of my dads buddies always said " shoot first, short it out later." Many ook deugs and money then let criminals go. My father many times was chastised bc he was ethical. He gave up his stripes and never wanted them back because the corruption. Don't forget john buncich, or the new sharrif that had tons of DUIs and was buated again! Lol

Anyway, those characteristics are somewhat similar that I have seen and experienced with CPD, gary PD, and portage! And portage was by far the worst gastopo force I ever encountered!

Portage once busted in my apartment door guns drawn bc another tenat (thanks to operah) was smoking weed. They said sorry then moved to the next unit. They have illegal searchs at checks points they set up on holidays. And there is other things i encountered that inwont speak of here.

Last edited:

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I really wish crappy cops were held criminally liable in scenarios like this. Seems like this stuff happens and they are not charged for the crime or removed from the force. If bad cops were arrested and treated like all other bad people this problem would solve itself.
    This the only way to fix the few bad apples. And when they get sued it should also come from the pension fund.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    What does your comment have to do with my comment??? Did you get butt hurt? Read the context that went with it. Are you a lake county LEO? Portage? CPD i'm confused.

But I will answer you. My father is a lake county leo, I have known and seen the corruption and violence they have on the force my whole life. I knew one of my dads buddies always said " shoot first, short it out later." Many ook deugs and money then let criminals go. My father many times was chastised bc he was ethical. He gave up his stripes and never wanted them back because the corruption. Don't forget john buncich, or the new sharrif that had tons of DUIs and was buated again! Lol

Anyway, those characteristics are somewhat similar that I have seen and experienced with CPD, gary PD, and portage! And portage was by far the worst gastopo force I ever encountered!

Portage once busted in my apartment door guns drawn bc another tenat (thanks to operah) was smoking weed. They said sorry then moved to the next unit. They have illegal searchs at checks points they set up on holidays. And there is other things i encountered that inwont speak of here.
    So how many of those bad cops did your dad report and have fired or prosecuted?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    In Indiana, he might just catch lead.

Indiana Castle Doctrine and Police

The laws crafted using the Castle Doctrine in Indiana provide that a person is justified in using reasonable force against a public servant in certain situations. As outlined in Indiana Code 35-41-3-2(j), reasonable force against a public servant is permitted if the person reasonable believes that force is necessary to:

• protect the person or a third person from what they reasonably believe is the imminent use of unlawful force
    • prevent or terminate the public servant’s unlawful entry of or attack on the person’s dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle
    • prevent or terminate the public servant’s unlawful trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person’s possession or the possession of the person’s immediate family
    For the purposes of this law, a public servant can be understood to be a “federal enforcement officer,” as defined in Indiana Code 35-31.5-2-129 or “law enforcement officer” as defined in Indiana Code 35-31.5-2-185.

Wow, So if a LEO is pushing his/her way in without warrant or extenuating circumstances you can shoot them???
    I find it hard to believe that would work out for you. I would rather it play out in court like the lady here. Plus once his pals show up your probably good as dead

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    So how many of those bad cops did your dad report and have fired or prosecuted?
    He actually testified against probably 13 or so colleges, that I can remember, don't know how the cases went. He used to tell me over the years when he made reports and most were squashed, hence his giving up the rank. He even gave a deposition in the federal case. He eventually left the street and went to the corrections dept bc he was an outcast, and tired of the politics. After 32 years He is retiring at the end of the year.

Last edited:

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Threatening the pension of good cops because some of them (like all humans) are dirtbags sounds a lot like punishing law-abiding gun owners because of the actions of school shooters.
    It is called policing your own, pun intended.

So in your theory it is ok to make the tax payers pay??? So punishment on the innocent is even worse by that theory there. What do you suggest as a fix?

I was actually meaning attack that person's pension individually. They should loose thier pension and face charges if they act like that dirt bag in the video.

Not sure what the fix is because there is no company bottom line to hit.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was actually meaning attack that person's pension individually. They should loose thier pension and face charges if they act like that dirt bag in the video.
    No problem with that. It's obvious that should happen. But I'm not one for collectivism of any sort, particularly collective punishment.

As for the taxpayers paying...well, it's a government agency. It's completely funded by taxes. What do you expect them to pay settlements with?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Threatening the pension of good cops because some of them (like all humans) are dirtbags sounds a lot like punishing law-abiding gun owners because of the actions of school shooters.
    If you have skin in the game, you'll do everything you can to check others. Instead of standing around watching a colleague go off the rails unchecked, maybe those good cops will step in and put the brakes on that bad cop. "No way dude, I'm not taking the hit for you being an a**. Stand down."

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    No problem with that. It's obvious that should happen. But I'm not one for collectivism of any sort, particularly collective punishment.

As for the taxpayers paying...well, it's a government agency. It's completely funded by taxes. What do you expect them to pay settlements with?
    That is the conundrum, there has to be an answer. Maybe just hammering the hell out the violators financially and criminally it would help curb bad apples and maybe help with the image.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    If you have skin in the game, you'll do everything you can to check others. Instead of standing around watching a colleague go off the rails unchecked, maybe those good cops will step in and put the brakes on that bad cop. "No way dude, I'm not taking the hit for you being an a**. Stand down."
    I was thinking the exact same as you, but i also thought about it a bit more and.... it can also make things worse in an already corrupt dept.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yes, that will certainly make the job more attractive to the best and brightest. Having to worry about your pension when one of your co-workers ****s up on your night off. Brilliant.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Yes, that will certainly make the job more attractive to the best and brightest. Having to worry about your pension when one of your co-workers ****s up on your night off. Brilliant.
    It is already so appealing :facepalm: one reason there is issues like we see.

Top Bottom